• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts on packer game

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
they really are trying to kill me

Kenny was pretty bad

Najee andWarren both ran well again

canada hates steeler fans

The defense did what it has all season give up a bunch of yards but make big plays to keep the scoring down

just don't get the lack of play action or passes over the middle

run was working so well in the 1st half

a play action pass over the mddle would have been wide open

a win is a win but the offense has to get better

The D shut out their 4th quarter scoring and Warren had over 100 both get my attaboys.

Pat Pete and Broderick Jones get my honorable mention as well as the LG.

Defense was bad today against a bad offense. We had no pressure and still had giant holes in coverage.

Special teams coverage was also poor. FGs were good and blocked XP turned out huge.

Pat Pete saved the game with tip drill int abs blocked XP. Benton, Jones, warren, and Najee also played well.

Pickett was not great, but steady. First half was pretty good then we restored back to crap offense. Still not using the middle of the field. I do not get it. Pickett does have the longest current steak in the NFL w/o a turnover and has been clutch in the 4th. I don't get all the hate

Canada is a retard.
No, Canada is not a retard. He is employed as an NFL OC. No NFL team employs a retarded OC.

He's unimaginative. He's overwhelmed by the game. He's uninspiring. He doesn't grasp the game.

Normally, that would be problematic to an OC from a job security standpoint. But Canada reports to a HC that apparently doesn't know the difference between 'retarded' and unimaginative, overwhelmed, uninspiring, doesn't grasp the game, and poses no threat to the HC.

And the managing owner doesn't give a ****.

Defense was bad today against a bad offense. We had no pressure and still had giant holes in coverage.

Special teams coverage was also poor. FGs were good and blocked XP turned out huge.

Pat Pete saved the game with tip drill int abs blocked XP. Benton, Jones, warren, and Najee also played well.

Pickett was not great, but steady. First half was pretty good then we restored back to crap offense. Still not using the middle of the field. I do not get it. Pickett does have the longest current steak in the NFL w/o a turnover and has been clutch in the 4th. I don't get all the hate
The D did what they needed to do in the 4th. For me that is what matters the most. But yeah the coverage unit are what they are.

I almost forgot to mention besides Warren, Najee had a solid game. Which is good they have that 1 2 punch going.

Last edited:
Watching the Lions. Wow. Jayhmir Gibbs is so quick. He is a guy actually worth a 1st round pick for a RB.

Pickett isn’t Ben and people want to keep trying the QB lottery game until they can find a generational QB.

Reactions: JMM
Yeah I find the term pretty bad misleading. How? He lead TDs on first two drives. Took care of ball. Made some excellent throws. Pretty much finished it with run.

He was really bad today. When the offense puts up 190 on the ground, and the defenses starts putting 8 in the box, the QB has a lot of 1-on-1 opportunities. He did nothing with those chances and threw some terrible passes, two of which were nearly intercepted.

Emotion over.... was fun to win but the defense today had a hard time against a losing team with a suspect QB. Green Bay had so many wide open receivers Im shocked they did not have way more yardage. Kenny seemed to be stuck on whatever receiver play called, he did not look as if he scanned the field. Why we do not throw in the middle or to a TE any TE. Our record shure does not show how we play, we are still in the hunt and we continue to hope each week we have a complete game.

No, Canada is not a retard. He is employed as an NFL OC. No NFL team employs a retarded OC.

He's unimaginative. He's overwhelmed by the game. He's uninspiring. He doesn't grasp the game.

Normally, that would be problematic to an OC from a job security standpoint. But Canada reports to a HC that apparently doesn't know the difference between 'retarded' and unimaginative, overwhelmed, uninspiring, doesn't grasp the game, and poses no threat to the HC.

And the managing owner doesn't give a ****.
All correct, but he is still a retard.

The running game has started to look like it did in the second half of last year. I'm not sure why they cannot get it going earlier in the season.

Kenny wasn't great but there didn't seem to be much separation from the receivers either, which is surprising given the Packers best CB was out.

The secondary was bad, though it held up when it had to at the end. It should be better once Fitzpatrick returns and with JPJ developing like he is.

It's a bit mind-blowing that this team is 13-5 in it's last 18 games, considering all the issues.

Watching the Lions. Wow. Jayhmir Gibbs is so quick. He is a guy actually worth a 1st round pick for a RB.
And 99% called him a reach when the Lions took him that high. They wanted that type of back and didn’t care what the critics thought.

I don't hate kenny, he just isn't good. Clutch kenny always gets lucky with turnovers from the defense and Jaylen warren moving the chains in crunch time.
Kebny cant even complete the short simple throws
13 td in a season and a half. Smh

I am resigning myself to the fact that Matt Cana-DUH is terrible, fails to use players at what they do best, unlike every other team in the NFL refuses to throw passes over the middle of the field, and further that Kenny is just not very good.

That is not a great combination. It might explain the inability to put up 400 yards, score points or put a game away.

they really are trying to kill me

Kenny was pretty bad

Najee andWarren both ran well again

canada hates steeler fans

The defense did what it has all season give up a bunch of yards but make big plays to keep the scoring down

just don't get the lack of play action or passes over the middle

run was working so well in the 1st half

a play action pass over the mddle would have been wide open

a win is a win but the offense has to get better
Amen brother. Amen...

Yeah I find the term pretty bad misleading. How? He lead TDs on first two drives. Took care of ball. Made some excellent throws. Pretty much finished it with run.
He isn't the fantasy QB some want. I get it. He needs to improve his accuracy I get it.

Crunch time is coming up. He has showed 4th quarter capable. He did help get on the scoreboard early twice.

Baby steps. Not the steps most ultimately desire.

But still baby steps none the less.

QB- Packers want to run Love out of town on a rail and he was head and shoulders better than Pickett. Pickett kept dinking and dunking and not pushing it downfield to the open man and dumped it down to play it safe. Not championship football.

RB- Warren>Harris
Warren was 2 total touches less than Harris so I think Tomlin is finally allowing more of a 50/50 split. Which as Warren workload has increased Harris’ production has improved.

WR- Stone hands johnson couldn’t bring that contested pass in. Sorry, but that’s the difference between DJ and GP. GP comes down with that.

TE- Hayward had a few decent grabs. But we really miss Freiermuth.

OL- phenomenal performance in the running game and way above par in pass protection.

DL- Did not allow much in the way of holes. Heyward means so much to that front. Benton has gotten better every game.

Edge- even though Watt had a sack we really needed to blitz to create pressure. They didn’t do bad but not like the early part of the season.

ILB- Walker going to be called up for sure. Kwon out the season too. We went from deep to thin really quickly.

CB- Porter was pretty solid. He’s a little grabby but young guys are. Pat Pete had his best game.

S- for being a little thin Kazee, Neal and Riley put on a solid game.

ST- Bos is in the zone. We could use an upgrade at PR/KR.

I don't hate Kenny. I think his decision making is less than stellar at times and I still think he has trouble seeing the whole field...