• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on the raven game

Mason was very efficient going 18-20 in horrible weather. Beautiful TD pass to Johnson.
We’ve discovered the middle of the field again with Mason.
Najee, what can I say! Running a lot like Marshawn Lynch ran, with power. He’s running in beast mode and I love it. I was critical earlier this year but he’s turned it around. Please stop running him wide.
Jaylan Warren had a rough game with two fumbles that most likely cost us six points. Jaylan will need to be much more careful going forward otherwise it’s shades doghouse.
As much as it pains me to admit one of my A&M Aggie guys needs replaced, Dan Moore Jr. needs replaced at LT as well as Mason Cole at center.
Marcus Golden did a nice job coming in for TJ but we simply cannot be without TJ if we get into the playoffs.
TJ should be DPOY hands down.
We turned things around because of Mason not Tomlin who refused to play him earlier.

The only teams I think we can't potentially beat in the playoffs are the 2 in our division. Today's win was nice against their Ravens backups but a return trip there against Lamar will be ugly. And don't want to play the Browns D if we don't have TJ on ours...
The rats had a decent amount of their 1’s play for at least a half. Their line, Queen, Gus Edwards, dline man Mada-whatever the **** his name is (who Seumalo made his ***** a few times)…..sure, action Jackson didn’t play, but when has he been a threat when he’s played the Steelers? He’s something like 1-4 (with his win being aided by a Juju fumble in OT) with a sub-60% completion rate, 7ints, multiple fumbles lost, and has been sacked 20 times. That’s IF he even decides to sack up, and play against the Steelers. Even this year in the first game, all the bitching their fans did about all their drops they had, Jackson had the big timely int he threw to Porter. It’s more concerning when someone like Huntley has to come in play.

Warren is not a mudder..I think his hands are smaller than Kenny’s..

The refs miss more obvious holds in one game than I ever saw in decades of watching the nfl!
This is a league wide situation. I was watching the Texans vs Colts and specifically looking for holding that wasn't called and there were at least two that I saw where the left OT had his left arm up under the pass rushers neck as he was rushing past him and no flag, not even a hint of a flag from the refs. They showed one of them from behind the play and the referee (or, whatever his official title is) watched it and thought nothing of it, like its normal to hook the rushing end or OLB with your up-field arm.

Last edited:
Tomlin, the qb whisperer, did a Tomlin mind meld on Rudolph during the season, preparing him for these weighty moments.

This is a league wide situation. I was watching the Texans vs Colts and specifically looking for holding that wasn't called and there were at least two that I saw where the left OT had his left arm up under the pass rushers neck as he was rushing past him and no flag, not even a hint of a flag from the refs. They showed one of them from behind the play and the referee (or, whatever his official title is) watched it and thought nothing of it, like its normal to hook the rushing end or OLB with your up-field arm.

I keep telling everyone that due to the increase in sacks league-wide this era, the NFL is going to legalize holding in the pocket... its currently being ignored... but as fans ***** more they will just eliminate the rule altogether

I keep telling everyone that due to the increase in sacks league-wide this era, the NFL is going to legalize holding in the pocket... its currently being ignored... but as fans ***** more they will just eliminate the rule altogether
which is why the Steelers should focus on an offensive minded coach. the league has shifted

I don't know about that

DeMeco Ryans has done well in Houston
agree but he also had the 2nd and 3rd pick in his 1st draft. that will never happen in this town. with those 2 picks along with Tank their world changed. couple that with hiring an offensive Coord that understands how to use such talent, and happen to be in a weak division.

agree but he also had the 2nd and 3rd pick in his 1st draft. that will never happen in this town. with those 2 picks along with Tank their world changed. couple that with hiring an offensive Coord that understands how to use such talent, and happen to be in a weak division.
yes it did

they had one hell of a draft

If the Steelers get in, they have as good as chance as anyone

I'm not sure about that.

The running game and the play of Rudolph gives them a fighter's chance, but the middle of the pass defense is too much of a liability to expect them to win the three games in a row it would take to get to the Super Bowl.

Getting Fitzpatrick back would help, but I'm not convinced he'll be close to 100% until next season, and the guys around him in the middle just aren't good enough right now.

Also, I'll need to once again see a Tomlin-coached defense not get completely destroyed in the playoffs before I'll believe it's once again possible.

Don’t forget the likelihood of poor play calling on BOTH sidesof the ball.

I do think the league is deliberately becoming more lenient on holding to help offenses, but legalizing offensive holding would be a step too far. Not sure I'd want to watch that ****.

I can see letting all the borderline stuff go, but when defenders are practically being tackled, it has to be called.

I know it is about money at the end of the day, but the league is going to start losing a lot of its core fans as it continues to excessively cater to casual TV viewers and fantasy junkies.

I do think the league is deliberately becoming more lenient on holding to help offenses, but legalizing offensive holding would be a step too far. Not sure I'd want to watch that ****.

I can see letting all the borderline stuff go, but when defenders are practically being tackled, it has to be called.

I know it is about money at the end of the day, but the league is going to start losing a lot of its core fans as it continues to excessively cater to casual TV viewers and fantasy junkies.

Unfortunately for is hardcore fans, that is not the long term concern.
The league is prepping to try to transition into europe where the offense is tge easier sell and towards flag football for the under 30 crowd that mostly doesnt care for traditional football... we are irrelevant to the long teem picture

Unfortunately for is hardcore fans, that is not the long term concern.
The league is prepping to try to transition into europe where the offense is tge easier sell and towards flag football for the under 30 crowd that mostly doesnt care for traditional football... we are irrelevant to the long teem picture

I just do not see a long term market for flag football, at least not to the scale to which the NFL has become accustomed. It would be a niche-type thing like Arena ball was.

The only sports "the kids" seem to be widely invested in anymore are soccer and basketball.

Roller coaster ride of a season Watt injury effectively ends our season no matter watt happens today. Lots to look forward to for next season.

playing a team with half of their starters on the bench should result in a big win. This didn't happen and the staff will have plenty of film from this game. There will be major changes after so many years of being irrelevant I think it's 7 years now of being losers. Long freaking time

It sucks TJ will miss any playoff games we are in.

Najee earned his 5th year. Dude is still the heart of the running game. He is a beast.

Moore has to be done at LT. He sucks. He allows numerous pressures and sacks in every game.

Even though the O is doing better, the play calling still shows how much we need to get rid of the entire O staff. Some of the playcalling is still mind-boggling.

It was a very good win in the worst weather, in a hostile environment, in a game where we probably had more of our starters missing than the Rats. We had our 3rd string QB and countless dudes on D that were sitting on the couch just a few weeks or so ago. Many seem to forget that.

Moore has to be done at LT. He sucks. He allows numerous pressures and sacks in every game.

I think they intend to have him and Jones switch sides next season.

Moore can be a pretty good right tackle, I think. He is strong in the running game and his pass blocking has improved from his rookie year. It just isn't consistent enough for the left side.

I think they intend to have him and Jones switch sides next season.

Moore can be a pretty good right tackle, I think. He is strong in the running game and his pass blocking has improved from his rookie year. It just isn't consistent enough for the left side.
Moore is better than Chuks but is still a liability. He apparently couldn't learn RT well enough during this past offseason and camp. I am surprised how well Jones has done with basically a couple of practices and he was starting. Hopefully, Moore can learn RT, otherwise, he rides the pine or gets cut.

Moore is better than Chuks but is still a liability. He apparently couldn't learn RT well enough during this past offseason and camp. I am surprised how well Jones has done with basically a couple of practices and he was starting. Hopefully, Moore can learn RT, otherwise, he rides the pine or gets cut.

Chuks was basically useless in the running game. It's not a coincidence they starting running the ball better as soon as he was benched.

A lot of that had to do with Jones being a beast, but there was some addition by subtraction there as well.

Maybe Moore is incapable of playing the right side, but I think it would be unfortunate, as he has been a key reason why they've been running as well as they have.

Regardless, Jones is probably going to be the LT next year (hopefully for the next decade). That is why they drafted him.