• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Iran and world powers clinch historic nuclear deal

So you have a crazy theocracy, whose religious texts say you need to destroy Isreal to begin the age of Islamic enlightenment, and they are going to abide by this"deal"? I Guarantee. There is no one, in any of our intelligence agencies, that signed off on this deal. This deal is for political posturing only. Iran got the better end of this deal. Or maybe, they'd be willing to cut the Israelis a break, and rewrite their religious te x ts.

I Guarantee. There is no one, in any of our intelligence agencies, that signed off on this deal. This deal is for political posturing only.

Yeah, but political posturing for WHO? The GOP doesn't like it. At least half the Dems don't like it. The Jooz who vote 75% Democrat don't like it. The Muzzies are less than 1% of our population so in real terms their votes are meaningless. So who really wants it?

Seriously. I don't have an answer.

Last edited:
Putin likes the Iran deal

It appears Russia is in a position to benefit both strategically and financially.

Iran and Russia are the primary supporters of the Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria, which has been fighting largely Sunni uprising for more than 4 years, and both oppose many Saudi initiatives.

Furthermore, Russia and Iran stand to benefit from some trade opportunities on nuclear fuel, military equipment, and sale of the advanced S-300 anti-missile system

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/putin-likes-the-iran-deal-2015-7#ixzz3fuFGVgYB

Yeah, but political posturing for WHO? The GOP doesn't like it. At least half the Dems don't like it. The Jooz who vote 75% Democrat don't like it. The Muzzies are less than 1% of our population so in real terms their votes are meaningless. So who really wants it?

Seriously. I don't have an answer.

The Narcissist in Chief.

70% of Iranians are under 35, well educated and pro western. The real reason Israel doesn't like this deal isn't related to security,
its because Iran can be very competitive with them economically in the region. Saudia Arabia doesn't like this deal because now
Iran will be competitive in oil markets.

If Iran could be an economic success, they would be the leading westernizer of the Middle East.
Their religious leaders are nuts, but so are ours.

70% of Iranians are under 35, well educated and pro western. The real reason Israel doesn't like this deal isn't related to security,
its because Iran can be very competitive with them economically in the region. Saudia Arabia doesn't like this deal because now

If Iran could be an economic success, they would be the leading westernizer of the Middle East.

With respect I disagree. Our leaders do not openly threaten destruction, burn other nations flags, or mock other nations on social media. Iranian leaders do this. Using religion to justify killing in the name of combined with modern nuclear weapons on a 1-10 danger scale is potentially an 11.

Iran is the #1 funder of terrorism, fights proxy wars against the USA, and with this new cash in exchange for less centrifuges, can share **** its money to others to do their dirty work.

Iran is not to be trusted. They lie, and deceive. The contract they signed gives them a way for them to gain time and money…until they are ready to break terms. And they will break terms.

Once a nation has nuclear weapons, the game changes and stopping them with conventional means becomes less of an option. No one in the middle east wants Iran to gain nuclear bombs.

You got that right - Obama and Kerry are insane and should be arrested as traitors, guaranteeing Iran a nuclear arsenal with ICBM's.

Obama and Kerry crossed every one of their own red lines

In 2013, Kerry declared of the Iranians, “There is no right to enrich.” Two years later? The final agreement allows Iran to keep 5,000 centrifuges, 2,000 more than Pakistan had when it secretly built a nuclear arsenal.

Nor will Iran be limited to current technology; Kerry has ceded Iran’s right to experiment with new-generation centrifuges exponentially more powerful than Iran has now.

But centrifuges are only one part of Iran’s illicit program. In 2013, Kerry told Congress the “whole point of the [sanctions] regime” was to force Iran to “dismantle its nuclear program.” But the deal to which Kerry agreed lets Iran keep everything in place.

This includes Fordo, the once-covert nuclear site Iran built under a mountain.

It gets worse. In 1991, the International Atomic Energy Agency required South Africa to come clean on the past 20 years of its nuclear work in order to certify that it had ceased its nuclear-weapons program.

Anything short of that, and the IAEA said it could not certify that all material was accounted for. And yet, Kerry caved on this, effectively crafting a deal the IAEA can’t certify.

Then, Kerry backed down on demands that inspectors be able to conduct snap inspections on military sites. Those inspections are necessary because this is where, according to the IAEA, Iran worked on everything from components for a warhead to detonators.

Finally, he allowed Iran essentially to pre-approve any inspection. That’s the equivalent of having a criminal pre-approve a search warrant.

Then, of course, there’s the arms embargo. It gets lifted after a short period of time. It also means Iran can export them to terrorist groups across the region.

Essentially, Obama is reimbursing Iran in full for decades of investment in a covert nuclear program.

The White House insists that Iran will use that money for good, but history disagrees. When Europe tried a similar strategy between 2000 and 2005, Iran invested the bulk of its hard-currency windfall in its covert nuclear program and ballistic missiles.

http://nypost.com/2015/07/14/obama-and-kerry-crossed-every-one-of-their-own-red-lines/

Except the people under 35 don't run the country and won't be running it for quite some time. The people who are running the country want to blow stuff up and the bigger the better. If they nuke Israel and the fallout blows over and kills half the Iranians, they'd be perfectly okay with that.

See above.
Being that Bomma is a lame duck and never worked with Congress much anyway, given public opinion and the fact that the Dems in Congress would like to keep their phoney baloney jobs, it's entirely possible that they override His veto. It's not like Bomma has coattails.

What do you think is the alternative? Our intelligence capability thought there was WMD in Iraq? So you think our intelligence capability
would know everywhere in Iran to blow-up to prevent them from ever getting a nuke? Iran knows they are safer without nukes, because
if they had them, then Saudi Arabia would have them next, then Egypt and so on. Once they all have them, they would eventually go off.
Iran is the one economy that could westernize and become less dependent on oil revenues. If they do the other countries will follow.
The only way to defeat terrorism is if Middle eastern countries have modernized economies, so individuals can have some hope for
leading productive lives. Many terrorists today get into it because it is the only thing that pays.

What do you think is the alternative? Our intelligence capability thought there was WMD in Iraq? So you think our intelligence capability
would know everywhere in Iran to blow-up to prevent them from ever getting a nuke?
I think our intelligence capability is such that they could build nuclear weapons and we'd never know about it until it was too late. You answered your own question there, Sparky.

Iran knows they are safer without nukes, because
if they had them, then Saudi Arabia would have them next, then Egypt and so on. Once they all have them, they would eventually go off.
Iran doesn't give a ****. It's run by people who believe the Islamic caliphate will come back along with Mohammed at the end of the world, and they want to hasten the process.

Iran is the one economy that could westernize and become less dependent on oil revenues. If they do the other countries will follow. The only way to defeat terrorism is if Middle eastern countries have modernized economies, so individuals can have some hope for leading productive lives. Many terrorists today get into it because it is the only thing that pays.
I agree but Iran was a very westernized country until 1979. That's what all the religious leadership in the middle east is fighting against.

would know everywhere in Iran to blow-up to prevent them from ever getting a nuke? Iran knows they are safer without nukes, because
Iran is the one economy that could westernize and become less dependent on oil revenues. If they do the other countries will follow.
The only way to defeat terrorism is if Middle eastern countries have modernized economies, so individuals can have some hope for
leading productive lives. Many terrorists today get into it because it is the only thing that pays.

Intelligence was correct on the WMD’s. Iraq had WMD's and used them on the Kurds. Keep in mind Iraq is a sand box the size of Texas, and could have sent some WMD’s to Syria, buried them, or dumped them in the Gulf.

Could Iraq get nukes? Maybe, but not anymore.

Iran does not know they are safer without nukes. They have been talking otherwise, and only now keep quiet because they got a sweet deal that give the nation back a lot of money, while at the same time keeping 5,000 centrifuges which can enrich uranium at a later date…or already has.

Obama is a naive fool, and does not understand the way Iran thinks or operates . These guys hate the USA, and its allies and fund terrorism against them.

The religious leaders might hate the USA, but the people don't. Anthony Bourdain did a show last year from inside Iran.
He showed how the people need to hide satellite dishes from the government, so they can watch American programs.
Also a lot of inside conversations with regular Iranians.

I once met an Iranian in Canada and he helped me with directions. He asked if I was an American and I said yes.
Then he said, "I am from hell". I looked puzzled and then he told me he was from Iran. The people don't agree with
their leadership.

the hero the middle east needs
because Superman won't go to the Mid-East.
**** the Mid-East.

batmuzzie.jpg

The religious leaders might hate the USA, but the people don't. Anthony Bourdain did a show last year from inside Iran.
He showed how the people need to hide satellite dishes from the government, so they can watch American programs.
Also a lot of inside conversations with regular Iranians.
Sawing off Anthony Bourdain's head on TV is not a good look.

I once met an Iranian in Canada and he helped me with directions. He asked if I was an American and I said yes.
Then he said, "I am from hell". I looked puzzled and then he told me he was from Iran. The people don't agree with
their leadership.
Right, and the leadership will crucify them, literally, if they try to change it. Remember, there was a bit of an uprising a few years ago and Bomma made a point of refusing to help and overthrow the government when he had the chance. He loves the ayatollahs. Wait till the ayatollahs see us! They love us!

Last edited:

and what news agency printed a story about this that you misread to make this post?

Most jihadists reject liberal western democracies as anti-islamic. OBL was well off. Zawahiri was a medical doctor. I can go on.
The problem is not economies. It is a religion that teaches that infidel economies are to be destroyed.

well, yes, except for those pesky sub-humans we call women.