• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is Anyone Else Going To Be Pissed If We Get Stuck With Brandon Hunt or Omar As Our Next GM?

25 years in NFL front offices and his promotion is undeserved. I'd hate to see what a guy has to do to be considered "deserved" by Bob.
Of course, since he threw in the "politically motivated" part, I guess I already know.

25 years in NFL front offices and his promotion is undeserved. I'd hate to see what a guy has to do to be considered "deserved" by Bob.
Of course, since he threw in the "politically motivated" part, I guess I already know.
Based on this logic, I guess Tomlin's tenure in the league means that he deserves any HC position or greater in the league.

Time alone doesn't mean deserved. I miss the good old days when people were promoted based on their qualifications, aptitude, and experience. Not "well he's been on our payroll for a long time anyway and his background will give us the playing politics look that we're going for."

Last edited:
Based on this logic, I guess Tomlin's tenure in the league means that he deserves any HC position or greater in the league.

Time alone doesn't mean deserved. I miss the good old days when people were promoted based on their qualifications, aptitude, and experience. Not "well he's been on our payroll for a long time anyway and his background will give us the playing politics look that we're going for."
can you present a citation with the Rooneyz saying that quote?

can you present a citation with the Rooneyz saying that quote?
Oh. I see. The fact that he had zero personnel or scouting background and beat out 15 other candidates, some with better experience, is just coincidental. It had nothing to do with our universally known and beyond stale "promote from within" policy, especially if the person we are promoting is a minority candidate.

Nope. Total coincidence, I'm sure.

Yeah, because NFL teams keep guys in the front office for 21 years who aren't capable of adequately doing their jobs.
You're an idiot.
*The "citations" can be found in each in every thread you start.

Oh. I see. The fact that he had zero personnel or scouting background and beat out 15 other candidates, some with better experience, is just coincidental. It had nothing to do with our universally known and beyond stale "promote from within" policy, especially if the person we are promoting is a minority candidate.

And the fact that the other candidates had zero cap management background? It's not possible that their lack kept them from getting the job because Artll valued that a little bit more with an already strong scouting department in place. Naaaah ... "just give it to the minority".
Personally, I think that's what bothers you most. "They hired a minority, waaaaaah!"

Yeah, because NFL teams keep guys in the front office for 21 years who aren't capable of adequately doing their jobs.
You're an idiot.
*The "citations" can be found in each in every thread you start.
We have a HC who has been on the field for 15 years and he isn't adequately doing his job. Unless of course, staying at or slightly above .500 is good enough to you?

We have a HC who has been on the field for 15 years and he isn't adequately doing his job. Unless of course, staying at or slightly above .500 is good enough to you?
Considering that about 50% of the league has a hard time staying above .500 every year, let alone 15 ... He's doing a better job than most.
He could definitely improve in the Playoffs category.
But again, your issue Tomlin never appears to be just about his win/loss record or things football related.
*Citations can be found in your previous posts and/or threads.

Considering that about 50% of the league has a hard time staying above .500 every year, let alone 15 ... He's doing a better job than most.
He could definitely improve in the Playoffs category.
But again, your issue Tomlin never appears to be just about his win/loss record or things football related.
*Citations can be found in your previous posts and/or threads.
If Tomlin had any self-respect he would have stepped down and allowed some fresh blood by now. We NEEDED a new GM who had the balls not to allow him to use present politics to milk the system for another decade. Instead, we got another lazy, VERY much expected, and politically inspired pick by Rooney.

We may suck *** for the next decade, but hey, at least Brian Flores won't be able to sue us for discrimination!

If Tomlin had any self-respect he would have stepped down and allowed some fresh blood by now. We NEEDED a new GM who had the balls not to allow him to use present politics to milk the system for another decade. Instead, we got another lazy, VERY much expected, and politically inspired pick by Rooney.

We may suck *** for the next decade, but hey, at least Brian Flores won't be able to sue us for discrimination!
new name same bullshit

you were warned too many times under your previous names to keep politics out of this forum. No more warnings, bye troll

So no citation. Got it

new name same bullshit

you were warned too many times under your previous names to keep politics out of this forum. No more warnings, bye troll
B****, I didn't bring politics into this thread. I said that the decision to promote Omar was politically driven. That isn't one in the same. If you are too stupid to differentiate between the two, maybe do the forum a favor and step down from your "mod" position so someone more competent and less interested in their own self promotion can effectively manage the day to day affairs. No guys, I have a ban button I can do whatever I want. Derrrr

AND, whether we like it or not, ROONEY makes the Steelers a political team. To not discuss the politics that go into their decision making would be to ignore what the Steelers are. Unlike most teams, we aren't trying to hire people who can bring us championships first and foremost. We're [preferably] hiring minority candidates who are [preferably] already on the payroll and willing to take the compensation that the Steelers are willing to pay. That's simply a statement of fact. If that's "politics" to you, to bad. Take it up with the Steelers brass. They are responsible for the culture, not me. To tell us that we are not allowed to mention this, or act as if it is not the case, is absurd.

If we were simply hiring the best candidate that was available, we would have hired Andy Weidl as our GM. But because what I mentioned above is more important to us, we selected the lesser qualified candidate because he met other criteria, and as a result an Assistant spot was created for the guy who would have actually been the best candidate for the job.

I don't know about you, but that sure smells like some horse poo to me.

Last edited:
And the fact that the other candidates had zero cap management background? It's not possible that their lack kept them from getting the job because Artll valued that a little bit more with an already strong scouting department in place. Naaaah ... "just give it to the minority".
Personally, I think that's what bothers you most. "They hired a minority, waaaaaah!"
They got the best candidate and hired Weidl, which is a bonus. Now, the team has two brains in the GM spot. I don't understand the negativity by some. With all of the candidates interviewed, they did their job of what is best for the team. Khan checks off a lot of boxes: loyal, great with the cap, works with MT well and been with the team for 21 years. That's a helluva a front office guy to promote.

Last edited:
Check out Rooney's comment on the Khan GM hire:

"We had a very thorough process," he said. "We picked the guy we know very well. We know Omar and Omar knows us, it should be a very smooth transition."

"A very thorough process" .. sure. lol

Last edited:
16 candidates is thorough.
Right .. "16 candidates". 16 candidates and "oh, the guy with zero personnel and scouting background, who just so happens to be an internal, minority candidate, is the best candidate for the position." Surprise, surprise.

If Khan was truly the best candidate for the position, we wouldn't have Weidl as an Assistant GM right now.

Right .. "16 candidates". 16 candidates and "oh, the guy with zero personnel and scouting background, who just so happens to be an internal, minority candidate, is the best candidate for the position." Surprise, surprise.

If Khan was truly the best candidate for the position, we wouldn't have Weidl as an Assistant GM right now.
Seriously, you don't happen to have any semi-automatic/automatic weapons do you?
Your constant harping on minorities paints you as the type of guy who would write a manifesto about minority hiring in the NFL and go on a rampage at the Steelers' facilities.

Seriously, you don't happen to have any semi-automatic/automatic weapons do you?
Your constant harping on minorities paints you as the type of guy who would write a manifesto about minority hiring in the NFL and go on a rampage at the Steelers' facilities.
Check it out ^. This is the world in which we live. Simply utter the word "minority" (it doesn't even have to be used offensively, mind you) and suddenly you have some whiney a*s Karen asking the one who uttered this word if they possesses semi-automatic weapons. Uh? Remind me. Who's making this political?

In 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. *our clueless hero Cookie busts through the door with his ban button to announce my dismissal* No guys seriously, I'm tough and I'm hear to protect you. Derrr..

Check it out ^. This is the world in which we live. Simply utter the word "minority" (it doesn't even have to be used offensively, mind you) and suddenly you have some whiney a*s Karen asking the one who uttered this word if they possesses semi-automatic weapons. Now, who's making this political?

In 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. *our clueless hero Cookie busts through the door with his ban button to announce my dismissal*
Yeah ... I'm a Karen. :rolleyes: I don't think that word means what you think it means. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But anyway, you're the one on here complaining about every minority in a position of power in the Steeler's hierarchy; along with saying they weren't/aren't qualified for their jobs.

Yeah ... I'm a Karen. :rolleyes: I don't think that word means what you think it means. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But anyway, you're the one on here complaining about every minority in a position of power in the Steeler's hierarchy; along with saying they weren't/aren't qualified for their jobs.
No. I'm complaining that we are allowing one's race to overshadow true qualifications and talent.

We will not be a competitive and respectable organization as long as this bull$hit is allowed to continue.

No. I'm complaining that we are allowing race to overshadow true qualifications and talent.

We will not be a competitive and respectable organization as long as this bull$hit is allowed to continue.
So you admit you're complaining about race. Thank you.
Hey, it's supper time. Steak, baked potato, and green beans. Hopefully with a Caesar salad.
Have a great evening!

He would have to be Ballzdeep in Bob.

Check out Rooney's comment on the Khan GM hire:

"We had a very thorough process," he said. "We picked the guy we know very well. We know Omar and Omar knows us, it should be a very smooth transition."

"A very thorough process" .. sure. lol
Could you start calling him "old man Rooney"? Kinda gives it a Scooby-Doo Doo Vibe