• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is Anyone Else Going To Be Pissed If We Get Stuck With Brandon Hunt or Omar As Our Next GM?

B****, I didn't bring politics into this thread. I said that the decision to promote Omar was politically driven. That isn't one in the same. If you are too stupid to differentiate between the two, maybe do the forum a favor and step down from your "mod" position so someone more competent and less interested in their own self promotion can effectively manage the day to day affairs. No guys, I have a ban button I can do whatever I want. Derrrr
derrrr....bye troll

Bullshit!! I live outside the Burgh and Bengals fans would love to have Tomlin. Most fans outside Pittsburgh respect the hell out of Tomlin. You are totally full of ****!
I would happily trade coaches with Cincy

Man, this guy is like genital herpes.

I'll have to take your word for that as my "citation" came back totally clear.................... (was tested due to her ---king around and I divorced)

But I get your meaning...............

Salute the nation

And the fact that the other candidates had zero cap management background? It's not possible that their lack kept them from getting the job because Artll valued that a little bit more with an already strong scouting department in place. Naaaah ... "just give it to the minority".
Personally, I think that's what bothers you most. "They hired a minority, waaaaaah!"
Is there anything other than rayce that is a deciding characteristic for you?? That's ray-sist....

Oh yes, I've heard it. Sounded like an older guy. I don't recall exactly what he said. I know it had "you ******* liberal" in it. lol

Most annoying about him for me is that he loves to make it known he's Jewish, in addition he will inject anti-Christian undertones and mock Christmas in a subtle way. He doesn't do that **** regularly, but he he'll have those moments.
“You gonna talk about Kathy Griffin in the soundcheck today, you motherfuckin’ liberal Goldhammer? You smug arrogant prick.”
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣

B****, I didn't bring politics into this thread. I said that the decision to promote Omar was politically driven. That isn't one in the same. If you are too stupid to differentiate between the two, maybe do the forum a favor and step down from your "mod" position so someone more competent and less interested in their own self promotion can effectively manage the day to day affairs. No guys, I have a ban button I can do whatever I want. Derrrr

AND, whether we like it or not, ROONEY makes the Steelers a political team. To not discuss the politics that go into their decision making would be to ignore what the Steelers are. Unlike most teams, we aren't trying to hire people who can bring us championships first and foremost. We're [preferably] hiring minority candidates who are [preferably] already on the payroll and willing to take the compensation that the Steelers are willing to pay. That's simply a statement of fact. If that's "politics" to you, to bad. Take it up with the Steelers brass. They are responsible for the culture, not me. To tell us that we are not allowed to mention this, or act as if it is not the case, is absurd.

If we were simply hiring the best candidate that was available, we would have hired Andy Weidl as our GM. But because what I mentioned above is more important to us, we selected the lesser qualified candidate because he met other criteria, and as a result an Assistant spot was created for the guy who would have actually been the best candidate for the job.

I don't know about you, but that sure smells like some horse poo to me.
Since you enjoy being the grammar police and looking down on the less educated than you, it should be “TOO bad”, you pseudo intellectual genital wart.

Is there anything other than rayce that is a deciding characteristic for you?? That's ray-sist....
Are you a little slow? Should the rest of us be making special considerations for your lowered ability to comprehend what's happening in a thread?
My suggestion is that you re-read the thread and you'll see that I was engaging another poster on his inability to see past race in the hiring process.
Or, if you're as slow as your post that I'm responding to suggests, you won't actually see it.

No. I'm complaining that we are allowing one's race to overshadow true qualifications and talent.

We will not be a competitive and respectable organization as long as this bull$hit is allowed to continue.
I won’t argue the competitive aspect of this comment, but I’m fairly certain we’re the most respected organization, if not one of the most respected organizations, in any sport.

Are you a little slow? Should the rest of us be making special considerations for your lowered ability to comprehend what's happening in a thread?
My suggestion is that you re-read the thread and you'll see that I was engaging another poster on his inability to see past race in the hiring process.
Or, if you're as slow as your post that I'm responding to suggests, you won't actually see it.
I don't ask if you're slow, even though you don't think that either considering someone's race or making a point of not considering someone's race, is in itself ray-sist. The issue of race should not be mentioned in a hiring discussion... Saying that someone did or didn't make a hiring decision based on race is ray-sist.... And throwing personal attacks in lieu of an answer is stupid...
I understand it may be challenging for you, but try to engage upper-tier thinking...

Last edited:
We desperately need a shake-up and neither one of these guys would provide that. We need someone from the outside to come in and bring new philosophies and ideas. Tomlin needs to be put on notice from Day 1 that his days of mediocrity and hiding behind his safety net are numbered. Undeserving internal promotions need to be a thing of the past. ANY promotions or hiring needs to be based solely on talent and not judged by other criteria. We need to be open to spending to bring in some big names via free agency that could really make a difference. The days of cheaply building through the draft needs to be a thing of the past. Rooney needs to be open to new ideas and criticism.

We've become one of the most boring and predictable teams in the entire league. If we promote either of these 2 'internal candidates' expect more of the same mediocrity and predictability for at least the next decade, if not two.
Maybe we should back up to the OP. I'm pretty sure I know what "other criteria" is being implied.
I agree 100% with the statement so am I indirectly bringing politics or race into this discussion?

I'm hoping Mr. Rooney chose Kahn based on qualifications and merit and nothing else.

Maybe we should back up to the OP. I'm pretty sure I know what "other criteria" is being implied.
I agree 100% with the statement so am I indirectly bringing politics or race into this discussion?

I'm hoping Mr. Rooney chose Kahn based on qualifications and merit and nothing else.
See??? By asking if you did, you just did.....
Kick your thinking up a level, people...

Initially Butternut Bob was mildly amusing, not so much now.

Backdoor Buttetnut BoB found a different street corner to work.

His entertainent value dimmed faster than is lit candle put under water.

Salute the nation

I think the logic is pretty clear cut

1. Omar is probably the best capologist in the nfl.

2. The Steelers have an extremely strong scouting and evaluation department

3. The other candidates were mostly personnel evaluation experts

4. Choosing someone else probably meant they were losing Omar. He interviewed a few times already and had chances to leave for other things, yet stayed iirc…

5 in this case they got him to stay on as the guy who builds the team financially and added a couple other candidates as player evaluation help.

I don’t see how people are upset with the end result

I think the logic is pretty clear cut

1. Omar is probably the best capologist in the nfl.

2. The Steelers have an extremely strong scouting and evaluation department

3. The other candidates were mostly personnel evaluation experts

4. Choosing someone else probably meant they were losing Omar. He interviewed a few times already and had chances to leave for other things, yet stayed iirc…

5 in this case they got him to stay on as the guy who builds the team financially and added a couple other candidates as player evaluation help.

I don’t see how people are upset with the end result
In reading about the structure, it doesn't sound like Khan's job is changing much with Weidl heading up player evaluation and Khan managing the financials. They just have their money guy at the top rather than the player evaluation guy.

I don't ask if you're slow, even though you don't think that either considering someone's race or making a point of not considering someone's race, is in itself ray-sist. The issue of race should not be mentioned in a hiring discussion... Saying that someone did or didn't make a hiring decision based on race is ray-sist.... And throwing personal attacks in lieu of an answer is stupid...
I understand it may be challenging for you, but try to engage upper-tier thinking...
Comprehension. So, let me say this again. I DID NOT bring up the issue of race in hiring. I DID admonish a poster who DID bring up the issue of race in hiring the new GM.
See the difference? It's kind of like you trying to admonish me for bringing up the issue of race .... except, the other poster actually did bring up race and I did not.
So, before you trot out ideas such as upper-tier thinking, you might want to try a little basic COMPREHENSION.

Per ESPN's Brooke Pryor, Khan wasn't the team's top choice for GM.

I'm not able to copy and paste the full article. Apparently, they wanted to hire Doug Whaley because they recognized Khan's shortcomings, but they didn't want to lose Khan as a result of him not being promoted. So, if this is true, even the brass knew that Khan wasn't the guy from a talent/experience standpoint. In short, our GM isn't even the guy that our ownership wanted. Think about that.

ESPN NFL insider Brooke Pryor joined the show. Brooke joined to talk about the Omar Khan promotion to general manager. She backed up what Jeff referenced about Khan surrounding himself with people that strengthen his shortcomings. She expects Andy Weidl will be very involved and Mike Tomlin will continue to have a big role in the talent evaluation process. She thinks Kevin Colbert will stick around for a year or two to make the transition as seamless as possible. Brooke can see a modernization, but still thinks the Steelers stick to some of their old ways. Brooke mentioned that Doug Whaley really impressed the team, but they did not want to lose Khan and Brandon Hunt (Hunt has since left for Philadelphia).

Last edited:
Per ESPN's Brooke Pryor, Khan wasn't the team's top choice for GM.

I'm not able to copy and paste the full article. Apparently, they wanted to hire Doug Whaley because they recognized Khan's shortcomings, but they didn't want to lose Khan as a result of him not being promoted. So, if this is true, even the brass knew that Khan wasn't the guy from a talent/experience standpoint. In short, our GM isn't even the guy that our ownership wanted. Think about that.

ESPN NFL insider Brooke Pryor joined the show. Brooke joined to talk about the Omar Khan promotion to general manager. She backed up what Jeff referenced about Khan surrounding himself with people that strengthen his shortcomings. She expects Andy Weidl will be very involved and Mike Tomlin will continue to have a big role in the talent evaluation process. She thinks Kevin Colbert will stick around for a year or two to make the transition as seamless as possible. Brooke can see a modernization, but still thinks the Steelers stick to some of their old ways. Brooke mentioned that Doug Whaley really impressed the team, but they did not want to lose Khan and Brandon Hunt (Hunt has since left for Philadelphia).

Derpz Sheeps II : Electric Bugaloo.
Your reading comprehension skills are beyond inadequate. Please change your handle to Mr. Madison so this can be added to each and every one of your posts :

Just a FYI… Thursday night Neil Gaiman Had an event here in Pittsburgh. I obviously had to miss it because it was my mom’s viewing night… people close to me got me a signed copy of “Norse Mythology”
inside he wrote, “Slay All Trolls”

I think Steelernation should follow his sage advice lol