• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is It the Government's Responsibility or the Citizens?

It's not that I think computers are bad per say. And there are certainly a huge majority of industries that rely upon them and people to maintain them. I just think it is sad what has happened to the work ethic and most peoples ability to do even the simplest of repairs and fixes on their own property.

I agree. It's also sad that so much of what is manufactured these days is not repairable. Case in point...we had a Whirlpool Cabrio washer die on us last week. It was only 6-7 years old!!! It had an integrated tub and bearing design. You couldn't replaced the bearing without replacing the tub. How ******* stupid is that? **** Whirlpool. We replaced it with an LG. First the American manufacturers moved out of the country (Mexico) and then they started producing crap. Pure crap.

I guess you would have to look at competition in your particular area, but demographics are definitely on your side. I just couldn't possibly do that job myself. But good on all those who can as it is certainly a very important service.

They don't really wake up and chase you around.

They don't really wake up and chase you around.
In my mind I know that Ron. But if I had to sit there alone for say 2 or 3 hours it would be 2 or 3 hours of hee bee jee bees. Every stupid horror movie I ve watched would replay in my mind non stop. Buddy's brother owns one and he paid me and him to transport to a small town. I spent half the time looking in the rear view mirror.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. It's also sad that so much of what is manufactured these days is not repairable. Case in point...we had a Whirlpool Cabrio washer die on us last week. It was only 6-7 years old!!! It had an integrated tub and bearing design. You couldn't replaced the bearing without replacing the tub. How ******* stupid is that? **** Whirlpool. We replaced it with an LG. First the American manufacturers moved out of the country (Mexico) and then they started producing crap. Pure crap.
No doubt. All of the bigger named stuff that used to sell at a premium price but was reliable now is slightly less comparatively but just ****** junk. Even stuff you wouldn't expect. Crane and American Standard have some of the worst records of break and flood your house on the market.

It's not that I think computers are bad per say. And there are certainly a huge majority of industries that rely upon them and people to maintain them. I just think it is sad what has happened to the work ethic and most peoples ability to do even the simplest of repairs and fixes on their own property.

Everything is so tech driven these days. My brothers spend the weekend at my house. Last week we were cutting weeds; it seemed my brothers have never seen yard tools. Nothing wrong with tech, but agreed that society needs to keep common manual labor up to par. Oh and common sense

In my mind I know that Ron. But if I had to sit there alone for say 2 or 3 hours it would be 2 or 3 hours of hee bee jee bees. Every stupid horror movie I ve watched would replay in my mind non stop. Buddy's brother owns one and he paid me and him to transport to a small town. I spent half the time looking in the rear view mirror.lol

Someone asked me once if the inside of a hearse smells. I replied that by the time I get done with it it smells like Simple Green. (No, the inside does not smell.)