• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is Michael Sam Worth Picking in the Later Rounds?

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
So if Sam is there in round 6 or 7 is he good enough to draft and are the Steelers strong enough in the locker room to deal with the media attention that comes with him? Bottom line, can he help us with depth as a converted LB, a position badly in need of depth and is it worth all the media crap that comes with him?

Last edited:
Wouldn't be the first gay on the team.

/Kordell

He can't play a single position in a 3-4. He's too small for a DE and isn't athletic enough to be an OLB. His numbers were atrocious.

He doesn't possess the skill set or the genetics to excel at any of our LB positions. Pass

I think he is destined for a job in the nfl front office, he'd fit right in with those other **** suckers.

I envisioned Sam's as being a converted ILB in a 3-4.

At 6'-2" 260 lbs. with a 4.79 40 and 2013 SEC Defensive Player of the Year after 11.5 sacks. You tell me he's not athletic enough to convert to ILB.

No, I don't want him or the media circus that he would bring on the team.

I'm not saying I want him, but would he be worth the pick in late rounds? Looks like the consensus is NOOOOOO ******* Way.

I do however think it would be a media circus and we all know how this organization feels about that kind of crap. Don't worry boys, I'd be shocked if we took Sam's but think he will get picked-up by a team in later rounds.

At 6'-2" 260 lbs. with a 4.79 40 and 2013 SEC Defensive Player of the Year after 11.5 sacks. You tell me he's not athletic enough to convert to ILB.
he's swapped positions in the past, but may be a little behind on this. you'd hate to see some guy struggle, but I have a feeling that when/if he gets knocked to his knees, he's able to please.

I thought he had good potential tape for a strong-side OLB, but then his workout numbers came in and he's just not athletic enough to make the transition to OLB. No way.

If Woodley sometimes struggled in dropping back/coverage, that means Sam will look like he's running in quicksand. And he's not strong enough to deal with NFL quality RT's.

Bad KEI, bad change or direction, bad strength numbers. He just completely fell off the chart for me as the draft process went on. I did think his tape was 4th round material however, so there is that (but I only watched a game or two and it was this past year).

He's not athletic enough to convert to ILB. His KEI numbers are horrible. Watching him try to cover a RB would make you yearn for the days of Foote.

No. Next question.

He can't play a single position in a 3-4. He's too small for a DE and isn't athletic enough to be an OLB. His numbers were atrocious.

Sounds like the guy we drafted In the 1 st round last year. And just like him Sam led the sec in sacks so heist be destined for greatness

I think he is destined for a job in the nfl front office, he'd fit right in with those other **** suckers.

where the hell is the karma button when you need it

He's not a for for the steelers. He's not athletic enough to play LB. He's not big enough to play DE in the 3-4. He has a shot to be a situational rusher in a 4-3. He could effective if there is another good pass rusher to worry about.