• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Options at Center

The site we can't link just did a write up on Barton saying his RAS at C would be a perfect 10. Mentioned he had more playing time than Green and is a bigger version who tested out better.

I think the guy has a better chance to succeed than Green did at the position. I still wonder if the Steelers are good enough at converting these kind of players. But looking closely we definitely can't deny the guys athleticism.

Green was definately a project and that could be seen from day 1.

Barton may be a less of a project, but still a project. If he is the best that we can get, then so be it.

I just don’t want a “Creed” scenario, where they pass on a top player just to fill a lesser need.

Center is a BIG need, as it RT.

Salute the nation

What if i told you... (morpheous voice) That the steelers have daniels who played center extensively in college and play to use herbig at guard, so they arent as worried about center as you are......?
I would remind you that Herbig couldn't beat Cole out for starting Center and Cole was released due to **** play.

Green was definately a project and that could be seen from day 1.

Barton may be a less of a project, but still a project. If he is the best that we can get, then so be it.

I just don’t want a “Creed” scenario, where they pass on a top player just to fill a lesser need.

Center is a BIG need, as it RT.

Salute the nation
Speaking of his RAS matches Creed who also graded out a 10.

Disagree - AB was a sixth rounder, who is probably the best WR in the history of the team. I'm confident they can find hidden gems at WR. Now---if there's a gift horse sitting there at in the second round, i.e. Keon Coleman. Jump on it!!!
So they find all these hidden gems and get all this production out of round three and lower receivers. Ever notice a problem with any of them.......hmm let me see. Obviously Brown was an all world talent. Ever wonder a reason besides Tomlin why they didn't win a SB and only made one AFC championship while he was there?

I would remind you that Herbig couldn't beat Cole out for starting Center and Cole was released due to **** play.
To be fair, Herbig was a rookie and Cole was a newly added veteran who graded out pretty well the previous year (67.1) I don't believe the coaches felt there was really any competition at Center last season.

To be fair, Herbig was a rookie and Cole was a newly added veteran who graded out pretty well the previous year (67.1) I don't believe the coaches felt there was really any competition at Center last season.
Herbig was only a rookie, if you can call him that, on the Steelers roster.
he had years of experience.

The site we can't link just did a write up on Barton saying his RAS at C would be a perfect 10. Mentioned he had more playing time than Green and is a bigger version who tested out better.

I think the guy has a better chance to succeed than Green did at the position. I still wonder if the Steelers are good enough at converting these kind of players. But looking closely we definitely can't deny the guys athleticism.
Barton had 5 games of C in 2020. Total for his college career. Green had 4 games in his whole college career. So yes he had one more game in his whole college career. 5 games to 4. Wow.
I have no idea how that sample could rate a perfect 10.
And hey…..I have no idea if they are right or wrong. But imust admit,I have no idea how they could possibly come to that conclusion after a whole 5 games in 2020. Especially a perfect 10.
Cheers.

Barton had 5 games of C in 2020. Total for his college career. Green had 4 games in his whole college career. So yes he had one more game in his whole college career. 5 games to 4. Wow.
I have no idea how that sample could rate a perfect 10.
And hey…..I have no idea if they are right or wrong. But imust admit,I have no idea how they could possibly come to that conclusion after a whole 5 games in 2020. Especially a perfect 10.
Cheers.
A RAS is a measurement of athletic ability not performance. So a RAS isn't based on games played.

Green was a converted defensive player and Barton was on the O-line his whole career. Barton has length and size that Green didn't.

Not pimping the guy just reporting info.

He is still a conversion project.

A RAS is a measurement of athletic ability not performance. So a RAS isn't based on games played.

Green was a converted defensive player and Barton was on the O-line his whole career. Barton has length and size that Green didn't.

Not pimping the guy just reporting info.

He is still a conversion project.
Was directing my comments at article…..not you. And my comments were part of the conversation.

But besides all that BS……how was Germany? I haven’t been for a good 10 years now. Where did you go? Last time I went to Munich and a beautiful town…Regensburgh. I need to get back there.

Was directing my comments at article…..not you. And my comments were part of the conversation.

But besides all that BS……how was Germany? I haven’t been for a good 10 years now. Where did you go? Last time I went to Munich and a beautiful town…Regensburgh. I need to get back there.
We went to Kippenheim and visited the Black Forest and a surprise trip to London. With a few small town visits as well. Trip went pretty good overall, love spending time with my sis. Food and beer was good as usual. Yeah overall a great time.

I think Barton will go ahead of JPJ as a center...though teams may also see him as a guard or a tackle.

The more I think, the more I cannot get on board with taking JPJ at 20. Creed Humphrey was identified as the best center prospect in years and he was drafted in the second round The next year, Tyler Linderbaum was another very highly rated center and he was picked at 25. JPJ's accolades do not match these two and we are talking about taking him at 20 when at the start of the draft process he was a borderline first-round pick. Maybe the need at center will push him up the draft boards, but the value does not match the prospect at 20. Maybe if they could trade down a few spots and pick up another asset.

So they find all these hidden gems and get all this production out of round three and lower receivers. Ever notice a problem with any of them.......hmm let me see. Obviously Brown was an all world talent. Ever wonder a reason besides Tomlin why they didn't win a SB and only made one AFC championship while he was there?
Brown wasn't the only reason we didn't win playoff games.

Lev Bell left. The kid at OLB retired out of the blue. Same for DeCastro. Aging defense and stuck in the Dick LeBeau 3-4 too long. Coach Munchak left. Martavis Bryant didn't live up to his potential.

I could go on and on and on and on...

Lev Bell left. The kid at OLB retired out of the blue. Same for DeCastro. Aging defense and stuck in the Dick LeBeau 3-4 too long. Coach Munchak left. Martavis Bryant didn't live up to his potential.

And the refs hate on the Steelers week in and week out.

TD called no TD for The Outlaw...

I think Barton will go ahead of JPJ as a center...though teams may also see him as a guard or a tackle.

The more I think, the more I cannot get on board with taking JPJ at 20. Creed Humphrey was identified as the best center prospect in years and he was drafted in the second round The next year, Tyler Linderbaum was another very highly rated center and he was picked at 25. JPJ's accolades do not match these two and we are talking about taking him at 20 when at the start of the draft process he was a borderline first-round pick. Maybe the need at center will push him up the draft boards, but the value does not match the prospect at 20. Maybe if they could trade down a few spots and pick up another asset.

I’ve screamed down a bit. Center may not need to be 1.20 or the 2nd either, pending on how they are seeing things.

I do know we need an OL (C or RT) in the first two rounds (one or the other).

I shouldn’t get so locked in but I don’t want projects as we’ve dealt with that thing in the past.

If it turns out to be Barton, then so be it……… that possible pick is growing on me as I read / learn more about him.

Bringing Cole back should be out of the question and possibly a stoning offense if so it happens.

Salute the nation

Here is my experience. If your culture is rotten you will never win anything with remotely similar talent