• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ISO good financial site for checking stocks, research, worthwhile financial news

JMM

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Hey can anyone recommend a good financial website that that is free to join and one could use to research stocks, view stock prices, etc and not be bombarded by end of the world BS news headlines. I have been using MarketWatch but each time you go to the page you see the same media bias crap plastered all over the place. Its like they want people freaked out and hope the economy will crash and burn.

Thanks!

Okay financial gurus. I know zero about the stock market, stocks, shares, etc. I've never even investigated it before. Is know the time to start getting involved in this bullshit considering where the stocks probably are right now and where they will probably be in the upcoming months?

Okay financial gurus. I know zero about the stock market, stocks, shares, etc. I've never even investigated it before. Is know the time to start getting involved in this bullshit considering where the stocks probably are right now and where they will probably be in the upcoming months?

Anytime is a good time so long as you are willing to let it ride for the long haul. Right now can be extremely profitable but there will also be some risk as well, as nobody knows how companies will rebound from the virus scare. What companies might merge, utilize bankruptcy courts for re-organization of debts...etc. I would advise anyone that is wanting to get into the market to either speak to a financial planner / investment adviser, or start by investing into mutual funds which tend to be more stable (but have fees and less lucrative returns typically). Personally, I transferred some of my portfolio into the hospitality and tourism industry that has been hit hard, many of their stock prices have taken a beating, but if they rebound to where they were 4th quarter 2019, it will be a very nice return.

My advice: Don't try to "time" the market perfectly. Invest for long-term (5 years or more) return and you will profit. It's exactly like buying real property. If you want to "flip" the property, you can get killed. If you are investing long-term, you WILL make money. When you invest that way, you know it is pretty much always time to put money into mutual funds that have a proven return over time.

www.callWig.com

Boy are YOU in luck.
After our brewery burned down in January, we were pretty despondent and the saga with the insurance company has been just that... a saga.

But now, YOU have a ONCE in a lifetime opportunity. (Ok, turns out it was a TWICE in a lifetime opportunity) to invest in the resurrection of Muddy Creek Brewery!

Imagine the thrill, the euphoric glee you'll feel watching one of the most awarded breweries in Montana come back, post global extinction Corona. Stronger than ever with more than 1/2 the competing breweries out of business!

Call NOW, don't wait.

For just a paltry minimum investiment of $50k you can get in on the ground floor of an amazing investment opportunity!

Or, you could invest in E-cars like the pansies!

Thanks for the info peeps, I will definitely take a look into it. The Wig Brewery will be high on my list of investments on my way to future riches.

Reactions: wig
Thanks for the info peeps, I will definitely take a look into it. The Wig Brewery will be high on my list of investments on my way to future riches.

Nice. You are in line to become a beer baron, and take all steps to reward your advisors.

The Motley Fool @ www.fool.com is a good place to get ideas about market trends. They do have a pay side if you feel you can afford more than entry level prices. If you're just getting started and wanna jump in, many I know are using the Robinhood app available through the app store. If you can afford a few hundred dollars, open an account which is tied directly to your bank acct. (No CC's accepted when investing, tho you can pay pal yourself cash which I feel contradicts what you're trying to accomplish). From there, you can find a lot of inexpensive investments. Current trends include pharmacy, CBD and weed stocks, some travel like Expedia is up $3.09 today, and fuel/gas related stocks.

Now is a really good time and as ST said, long term strategy. I'd add to that, re-invest any gains you're fortunate enough to amass. Good luck!

The Motley Fool @ www.fool.com is a good place to get ideas about market trends. They do have a pay side if you feel you can afford more than entry level prices. If you're just getting started and wanna jump in, many I know are using the Robinhood app available through the app store. If you can afford a few hundred dollars, open an account which is tied directly to your bank acct. (No CC's accepted when investing, tho you can pay pal yourself cash which I feel contradicts what you're trying to accomplish). From there, you can find a lot of inexpensive investments. Current trends include pharmacy, CBD and weed stocks, some travel like Expedia is up $3.09 today, and fuel/gas related stocks.

Now is a really good time and as ST said, long term strategy. I'd add to that, re-invest any gains you're fortunate enough to amass. Good luck!

Thanks. I got in on some Exxon at 34 a few weeks ago. Will hang on for long term on that one.

I've been investing heavily in prostitutes and cocaine.

Long term returns are not extraordinary but the short term is ******* AMAAAAAAzing!

For just a paltry minimum investiment of $50k you can get in on the ground floor of an amazing investment opportunity!!
Aren't all the floors on the ground now? I keed I keed!

www.callWig.com

Boy are YOU in luck.
After our brewery burned down in January, we were pretty despondent and the saga with the insurance company has been just that... a saga.

But now, YOU have a ONCE in a lifetime opportunity. (Ok, turns out it was a TWICE in a lifetime opportunity) to invest in the resurrection of Muddy Creek Brewery!

Imagine the thrill, the euphoric glee you'll feel watching one of the most awarded breweries in Montana come back, post global extinction Corona. Stronger than ever with more than 1/2 the competing breweries out of business!

Call NOW, don't wait.

For just a paltry minimum investiment of $50k you can get in on the ground floor of an amazing investment opportunity!

Or, you could invest in E-cars like the pansies!

It seems that many around here invest deeply on breweries, but only look for the short term gain.

Reactions: wig
Aren't all the floors on the ground now? I keed I keed!

Actually the worst part of the fire was on the 2nd floor, where our taproom was. All of that floor and the roof is gone. However, the ground floor survived ok and the basement where our brewhaus was was simply submerged in 5+ feet of water from the fire trucks and our sprinkling system.

The bad news - because the building we were in was a historical building, it was allowed to skirt some regulations and requirements due to its historical status. In layman's terms that means ASBESTOS! And the 5 feet of water in the basement, covering all our equipment, tanks and kegs was basically cancer-soup.

For that reason the insurance company is figuring total loss. Our point is that we would need future waivers in case anybody got sick from any products we made in that equipment. When they heard that they said... "Uh. I don't think we're going to go ahead and use that equipment in the future."