• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jerry Brown requests presidential disaster declaration for January storms

Spike

Reaction score
Kee-rist - they were just crying it's too dry, now they're crying it's too wet

Gov. Jerry Brown has asked President Donald Trump to declare a major disaster for the state because of damage caused by powerful storms last month, with Friday’s request an initial step in seeking federal aid.

Brown’s letter to Trump cites an “atmospheric river storm system” that unleashed days of “relentless heavy precipitation” and high winds beginning Jan. 3, causing flash floods, power outages and damage to public works.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article132113664.html

===============================

The storms that ended the drought?

No soup for you - let their sanctuary cities pay for it, they're rich.

They ***** about climate change causing the drought, now they get some rain and they still *****.

They ***** about climate change causing the drought, now they get some rain and they still *****

I just said that

Too hot
Too cold
Too dry
Too wet

It's anything you want it to be, thus the scam

Reactions: MTC
******* idiot ***** **** liars in Sacramento HAVE NOT DECLARED THAT THE DROUGHT IS OVER.

Why not? We have a ****-ton of worthless government employee ******* sucking the public tit and working as "drought monitors."

I am NOT ******* KIDDING YOU.

**** this state. **** it. Wife and I are out at the end of the year, and it can fall into the ocean for all I care.

Drought Monitor?

How many years of Liberal Arts schooling prepares one for such a significant career? What's the pay?

You guys don't understand climate change thermodynamics and water cycles. There will be an article that explains some ridiculous reason tied back to AGW, like the heat hiding at the bottom of the ocean thing, and it will be accepted as science by these kooks.

You guys don't understand climate change thermodynamics and water cycles. There will be an article that explains some ridiculous reason tied back to AGW, like the heat hiding at the bottom of the ocean thing, and it will be accepted as science by these kooks.

They will as long as they can figure out how to cash in on it.

If I was Trump, they would get their money right after Black Lives Matter gets theirs.

******* idiot ***** **** liars in Sacramento HAVE NOT DECLARED THAT THE DROUGHT IS OVER..

maybe they need a good flood

Northern California dam forced to use emergency spillway for first time as water tops capacity

Water flowing over emergency spillway at California dam
ap_17041052184477.jpg

The use of the emergency spillway follows a series of so-called atmospheric river storms that have dropped huge amounts of rain into Northern California—a region tracking to have its wettest year ever recorded.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/10/northern-california-tracking-to-have-wettest-year-on-record.html

******* idiot ***** **** liars in Sacramento HAVE NOT DECLARED THAT THE DROUGHT IS OVER.

Why not? We have a ****-ton of worthless government employee ******* sucking the public tit and working as "drought monitors."

I am NOT ******* KIDDING YOU.

**** this state. **** it. Wife and I are out at the end of the year, and it can fall into the ocean for all I care.

Come on over to western PA. People been leaving for 30 years and we need to restock. Houses are relatively inexpensive. The weather sucks for half the year but you're closer to Steelers games.

Drought Monitor?

How many years of Liberal Arts schooling prepares one for such a significant career? What's the pay?

(1) Many.
(2) A lot. Seriously, the state has employees tasked with reviewing water usage, looking for sprinkler overuse, etc.

Drought Monitor?

It's like the dental monitor on the Lifelock commercial.

"There's a drought!"

Last edited:
I want to be there when Trump flies into California and Jerry Brown is there to kiss his ring.

Come on over to western PA. People been leaving for 30 years and we need to restock. Houses are relatively inexpensive. The weather sucks for half the year but you're closer to Steelers games.

Thanks for the invite, Ron, but Mrs. Steeltime and I are on our way to Arizona. Bought the land, building the house, will be out of here by the end of 2017.

Mrs. Steeltime and I have saved as much as we could, after paying state and Federal governments a ****-ton every year, and are ready to depart the labor force.

Reactions: MTC
Are you paying your Exit Tax?

Shoot I may look into that myself. I think the mrs would love to catch the Pens at PPG arena. Could catch some Nailers games as well. I'm sure the sports museum and Carnegie center would keep my kiddo somewhat entertained too. He loves parks. We're used to ice and snow to an extent. Not as harsh as you east coasters. But nm is going downhill fast. Just about everyday on the news is a car jacking/gang affiliated killing/ drunken beatings. Nm has some crazy characters. I don't recall GA being that bad

Thanks for the invite, Ron, but Mrs. Steeltime and I are on our way to Arizona. Bought the land, building the house, will be out of here by the end of 2017.

Mrs. Steeltime and I have saved as much as we could, after paying state and Federal governments a ****-ton every year, and are ready to depart the labor force.

The only complaints I hear about AZ is the heat. Other than that I hear it's beautiful and tons of neat land if you're into outdoorsy stuff. I've passed through a long time ago. NM next door has great landscapes too. However at the moment I do not recommend ABQ. Santa fe perhaps. ABQ does have amazing cuisine though. Get a taste of NM chile. Cannot go wrong

Shoot I may look into that myself. I think the mrs would love to catch the Pens at PPG arena. Could catch some Nailers games as well. I'm sure the sports museum and Carnegie center would keep my kiddo somewhat entertained too. He loves parks. We're used to ice and snow to an extent. Not as harsh as you east coasters. But nm is going downhill fast. Just about everyday on the news is a car jacking/gang affiliated killing/ drunken beatings. Nm has some crazy characters. I don't recall GA being that bad

Very low crime here in the vast majority of towns and suburbs. Winter doesn't usually have a ton of snow and ice, it tends to be cloudy, 32*, and rain. Very low immigrant population except for a few pockets of the city, i.e. everyone speaks English. $100k buys you a perfectly nice house, $200k buys you a really really nice house. Traffic isn't bad compared to most cities although that depends a lot on where you work and live. Downsides, weather sucks half the year and the job market isn't that great except for a few lines of work like healthcare and some IT jobs.