• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jets Coach Did Not Want Le'Veon Bell

Be carful of what you wish for as bad has a way of finding it's way home. It's OK tyo stand back and watch the **** happen though...

Salute the nation

**** both those ********. They deserve any suck that is coming their way.

The Steelers wanted to pay him more money... so they obviously think that RBs are worth it.

Maybe NOT so much anymore....................... They didn't go out and hire a "high" priced RB but instead have their stable nearly full by the draft. I for am glad they didn't "buy" into the BELL insistence to get paid more.

Salute the nation

They probably attempt to trade LeRapper...hopefully not to a decent team.

John Clayton reported today that they are looking to trade him before the season starts. Wow.

Mere speculation at this point, but John Clayton is a pretty reliable source.

So now everyone knows that Gates doesn't think his highest paid offensive and defensive players are worth the money they are being paid. Good strategy.

John Clayton reported today that they are looking to trade him before the season starts. Wow.

Mere speculation at this point, but John Clayton is a pretty reliable source.

Everything I saw just says Clayton "could see" The Jets trading Bell. Not that the Jets are actually shopping him.

Definately don't want him back but I bet LeMEon is thinking about home sweet home............................................

I Remeber some rock head saying that he could play WR when RB ended. To slow and predictable in this stage of his career........

Salute the nation

Clayton: Jets "absolutely" could trade Bell

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/05/report-new-york-jets-could-decide-to-trade-leveon-bell/

That would be rich. And I hope it's to a terrible team. Only problem is, what team is worse than the Jets? There definitely could be worse cities to live in as a young millionaire.

Maybe Buffalo. They have the worst weather of any NFL team. Ever spend time in the months of Nov - Feb near lake Erie? Horrible, terrible weather, way worse than NY, NY.

Detroit could be a real crap team to be on. Yea, at least they have a dome, but have you been to Detroit in the last decade? Complete trash with no redeeming qualities.

Yea, I hope he gets shipped off to Buffalo or Detroit.

Last edited:
That would be freaking hilarious. As long as he doesn't go to a team worth a ****.

trade him for shady and draft picks or dump to gruden

I'm wondering if anybody still wants him? If so why didn't they get him in free agency?

Maybe NOT so much anymore....................... They didn't go out and hire a "high" priced RB but instead have their stable nearly full by the draft. I for am glad they didn't "buy" into the BELL insistence to get paid more.

I can't remember one high priced RB they've ever gone after. They traded for Bettis but he wasn't a high priced FA. They always build them through the draft but they offered Bell more than what the Jets did and he turned it down. So they are ok with paying a RB a ton of money. They just don't have anyone to pay right now. But if Conner blows up then they'll pay him.

If they trade him it isn't that Gase didn't like the contract. It would have to be that he didn't like the player. If it was about the contract they wouldn't be eating 18m without him playing a down of football.

Everything I saw just says Clayton "could see" The Jets trading Bell. Not that the Jets are actually shopping him.

Ah, ****, thanks for clearing that up.

Vader , I think their willingness to pay was a result of where they thought this team was heading with Ben and ab. I don't think they counted on this defense being so bad and having injuries, and the kicker getting the yips.

Vader , I think their willingness to pay was a result of where they thought this team was heading with Ben and ab. I don't think they counted on this defense being so bad and having injuries, and the kicker getting the yips.

I don't disagree with that. But it is obvious they were willing to pay him a **** ton of money. He's a RB. So they have no issue paying high dollar for a RB. I don't value RBs very highly and would have never paid Bell anywhere near what they offered or what the Jets ended up paying him.

I don't disagree with that. But it is obvious they were willing to pay him a **** ton of money. He's a RB. So they have no issue paying high dollar for a RB. I don't value RBs very highly and would have never paid Bell anywhere near what they offered or what the Jets ended up paying him.

Agree with that salary cap philosophy in regards to RB's...

But I think the only reason the Steelers stepped up to the plate with that "non-Steeler" like offer, was because of the limited window left with their HOF QB.

But I think the only reason the Steelers stepped up to the plate with that "non-Steeler" like offer, was because of the limited window left with their HOF QB.

Hammer meet nail and a good Saturday night head............................

small window HOF QB = offer to BELL. Justifies the anomaly of that offer. Little dick chest was a cancer proven player demanding forward pay for play and the STEELERS gave into that at the start but eventually it caught up to the tune of 21million and a **** load of headlines.

I for one am glad BOTH those AZZhats are gone and we are now seeing JuJu / TJ / Dobbs..etc visiting kids hospital prom night type head lines..... VERY nice

Salute the nation

I disagree. Bell's talent isn't just as a RB. He could make the follow up qb look better, too.

the issue with the contract was not the total money, it was the guaranteed money.

Having sat out a full year and not being with nfl players and nfl work outs, i will be surprised if he has been able to maintain his skills and talents on the field. If he'd played last year, he'd have $14m and, IMO, a better contract this year. Possibly, with a better team.

Bad move on his part.

I don't pretend to know all the reasons why. I just know they offered a RB tons of money and tagged him twice. And this was before Ben announced he was going to play a few more years. Also if Bell was such a big "Distraction" and Tomlin is so relieved he is gone then WTF are they doing tagging him? Why offer him ****? Something isn't right with this organization right now.