• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Joe Rogan Addresses Spotify Controversy

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this, figured it could use it's own thread. Withholding my full opinion for now as I just saw it and there's a lot to process. One thing that jumps out at me on the surface though is that he's submitting to the mob in a sense because he's talking about having a "majority narrative" on immediately after the "controversial" opinions so they can find a better middle ground. First of all, who exactly is this "majority" and are they even at all interested in finding a middle ground? And if you're considering that, bring them on together so they can debate the merits of the argument in real time.

When I watch Joe Rogan, it is because of the guest he has on, and not because I value his insight. I feel that he has an even handed approach to all guests and subject. He also takes the time to dig into subject matter in detail. That has made him successful.

He blinked. He's done.
MMMMM, I really don't think so.
BUT, I'm curious in his next couple episodes if I/we notice any changes in his demeanor, the guests he has on, etc.
I doubt it, but ya never know.

I actually think the best thing that could happen to Rogan would be for Spotify to term him.
he still gets the money and he can go back to not having to answer to anyone.
I know he said when he moved to Spotify that nothing would change, but Spotify did pull some Alex Jones/Milo Yianappolous/etc episodes already.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but this is in the NY Post, he's on CNN, and this is eloquent as can be.

Dr. McCullough and Dr. Malone interviews were very insightful, well-done interviews that America needed to hear. If you haven't listened and would like alternative voices to learn about mRNA vaccines and alternative treatments to the china virus please do yourself a favor and hear them out if they're still available. Lengthy interviews which Rogan is skilled at.

Dr. Malone is the inventor of the mRNA therapies that he developed under a DoD contract. He was fully vaxed when he caught the outbreak covid. He stayed sick for months, couldn't shake the cough or other side effects until he took Ivermectin. It saved his life and coincidentally mine too in Aug. 2021. Dr. McCullough is just strictly against the one size fits all approach to the vax and mandates. If any of this was covered in the other covid threads, I haven't had time to read since I've been away for a while.

I hope Rogan continues to have controversial subjects as well as cultural subjects as he's done for so long. I don't see all the hubbub about losing Neil Young et. al. from Spotify, but I'm old enough to not give a damn what any of the dinosaur musicians thinks or does. C'est la Vie.

I was just shocked to learn Neil Young and Joni Mitchell are still alive.

I took one look at their recent pictures and was still skeptical.

what a dummy. Don't explain ****. Keep putting on great people. It isn't about Joe anyway.
The media as always blows it out of proportion. The virtue signaling washed up musical artist use it regain relevancy. Joe should’ve just kept carrying on and don’t give neil bob young an ounce of attention.

Companies just want to appease the sensitive younger generation. Give it 5 years when these kids are finally settled into the real world and they’ll learn.

Every generation has clashed. That’s all this is. Rebellious teen angst.

Be nice Donkey, if you're lucky, you'll get there. Checked the mirror lately?

All I see is a sexy beast (and then myself somewhere in the background).

The media as always blows it out of proportion. The virtue signaling washed up musical artist use it regain relevancy. Joe should’ve just kept carrying on and don’t give neil bob young an ounce of attention.

Companies just want to appease the sensitive younger generation. Give it 5 years when these kids are finally settled into the real world and they’ll learn.

Every generation has clashed. That’s all this is. Rebellious teen angst.

No a bunch of stupid *** adults are pushing this garbage. The younger generation just picks up on it. Driven by politicians and media. It's ******* ridiculous. I really look forward to competitive platforms in social media. If I had the money I'd be all in. I wouldn't censor out anyone no matter how stupid they are. People will take care of that themselves.

No a bunch of stupid *** adults are pushing this garbage. The younger generation just picks up on it. Driven by politicians and media. It's ******* ridiculous. I really look forward to competitive platforms in social media. If I had the money I'd be all in. I wouldn't censor out anyone no matter how stupid they are. People will take care of that themselves.
That’s what happens living in a free country, especially as technology has advanced is just how easy it is to spread disinformation.

The stupid *** adults push it cause media/pop culture pushes it. It’s easy to look relevant when you have a country based off instant gratification have the ease of use of media/pop culture

That’s what happens living in a free country, especially as technology has advanced is just how easy it is to spread disinformation.

The stupid *** adults push it cause media/pop culture pushes it. It’s easy to look relevant when you have a country based off instant gratification have the ease of use of media/pop culture

Easy to sway the ignorant who walk through life oblivious...haha

Reactions: MTC
The left will continue to attempt to crush him. Apparently he said the N word in some of his broadcasts over the years and compared some inner-cities looking
like The Planet of the Apes. Just tired of all the sniveling Karen's out there, that believe, purely for ideological reasons, that words are more harmful than actions, unless of course, it's them spewing the hate.

Just tired of all the sniveling Karen's out there, that believe, purely for ideological reasons, that words are more harmful than actions, unless of course, it's them spewing the hate.

June, 2020: "Violence is speech."

January, 2022: "Speech is violence."

And now they're coming out in FULL FORCE since the "COVID misinformation campaign" isn't working.
NOW an artist pulled her music because.............Joe Rogan is a racist.
Some artist I've never heard of posted a video of Rogan using the word "nigger" over and over again.
What's ridiculous is I've listened to these particular shows in their entirety.
In one in particular, Rogan explains he thinks it's retarded to say "N-Word" because everyone knows what you're saying/meaning anyways.
And ALL the times he uttered "nigger", he did so without malice, without a hint of racism.
It was ALWAYS retelling of an incident with someone else using the word, it appearing in novels of years past, or why it's OK for some people to use it, but not others and that either it's OK to use or it's not.
NEVER did he ever call a person of color a "nigger" or make any defamatory statement using the word.

But brace yourselves, kids.
Rogan is now going down.
Celebrities that previously stood by him and supported him are now backtracking and distancing themselves.
MSM and The Woke are going after him FULL FORCE now and won't quit until he's cancelled for good.
Unfortunately, I think he brought it on himself by apologizing when he shouldn't have.......twice now.
Once for COVID conversations and once for using the word "nigger".
This was the sign of weakness/admission of guilt they prayed and waited for and now have to pounce on.

Context no longer matters.
Words, thoughts, ideas will now be twisted by simple sound bites and incomplete sentences.
So sad.

And now they're coming out in FULL FORCE since the "COVID misinformation campaign" isn't working.
NOW an artist pulled her music because.............Joe Rogan is a racist.
Some artist I've never heard of posted a video of Rogan using the word "nigger" over and over again.
What's ridiculous is I've listened to these particular shows in their entirety.
In one in particular, Rogan explains he thinks it's retarded to say "N-Word" because everyone knows what you're saying/meaning anyways.
And ALL the times he uttered "nigger", he did so without malice, without a hint of racism.
It was ALWAYS retelling of an incident with someone else using the word, it appearing in novels of years past, or why it's OK for some people to use it, but not others and that either it's OK to use or it's not.
NEVER did he ever call a person of color a "nigger" or make any defamatory statement using the word.

But brace yourselves, kids.
Rogan is now going down.
Celebrities that previously stood by him and supported him are now backtracking and distancing themselves.
MSM and The Woke are going after him FULL FORCE now and won't quit until he's cancelled for good.
Unfortunately, I think he brought it on himself by apologizing when he shouldn't have.......twice now.
Once for COVID conversations and once for using the word "nigger".
This was the sign of weakness/admission of guilt they prayed and waited for and now have to pounce on.

Context no longer matters.
Words, thoughts, ideas will now be twisted by simple sound bites and incomplete sentences.
So sad.
I’d be happy if he got canned. Take his 100 mill and pop off on another platform. He millions of followers, will follow, and gain that much more.

The continual woke cancel bs can **** off

Last edited:
I’d be happy if he got canned. Take his 100 mill and pop off on another platform. He millions of followers, will follow, and gain that much more.

The continual woke cancel bs can **** off
That’s all he needs to do. Let the woke kids cry away and go start up another platform. He has a solid foundation to start from.

The left will continue to attempt to crush him. Apparently he said the N word in some of his broadcasts over the years and compared some inner-cities looking
like The Planet of the Apes. Just tired of all the sniveling Karen's out there, that believe, purely for ideological reasons, that words are more harmful than actions, unless of course, it's them spewing the hate.
It has gone beyond that Zona.

I had to do some research, I just couldn't stand bein' out in the dark. We were talkin' at the Club and it seems none of us old fossils do Spotify so we didn't know who Joe Rogan is or what he does.
https://theconversation.com/who-is-joe-rogan-and-why-does-spotify-love-him-so-much-176014

Seems ole Rogan is a semi conservative comedian like Alex Jones. Pokes fun at the Libtards on occasion... I assume.

Joe Rogan is described on his website as “stand up comic, mixed martial arts fanatic, psychedelic adventurer,

Reading this article I spotted these flags.

1. When Spotify signed a US$100 million (A$140 million) deal with Rogan in 2020 for the exclusive rights to his podcast

All is well and good until he started to poke at Libtards I reckon.

2. Media Monitors says Rogan’s listenership is “71% male and evenly split between high school and post-secondary graduates. Some 57% of his audience reports earning over $50k per year, with 19% making over $100k”, with an average age of 24.
The Atlantic places gender at the heart of his appeal, suggesting “[Rogan] understands men in America better than most people do. The rest of the country should start paying attention.”
Now they have a problem....they can't be havin. some shock jock with that kinda cred misbehavin'

3. According to a report by Media Matters, which studied the Joe Rogan Experience for a year, Rogan regularly trafficks misinformation and bigotry.

The author drew particular attention to Rogan’s “right-wing misinformation and bigotry”, “anti-trans rhetoric” and “COVID-19 misinformation”.

Whoa....what? Media Matters ? King Barrak's personal scribes ? How'd he get involved ?

4. While some Spotify shows are still available on other podcasting services, productions like The Joe Rogan Experience and the platform’s latest offering, The Michelle Obama Podcast, are available exclusively on Spotify.
Obama’s podcast, which launches today, features conversations on the “relationships that shape us” – not surprisingly, her first guest is her husband.
OK, I get it now...Da Moose is loose in da house and this here Rogan is not welcome to taint all them peoples with them lies....LOL

5. Joe Rogan Is Suddenly Doing Everything Wrong
https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/joe-rogan-apology-spotify-instagram/

6. Spotify has mass-deleted at least 70 episodes of the Joe Rogan Experience
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/02/05/spotify-censors-episodes-of-joe-rogans-podcast-again/

Well ...I get it and now you know as much as I know and I still don't do Spotify or give a flyin' **** what they think.

NIL5rzq.gif

L9QWbhJ.gif