• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jussie Smollette to go to trial

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
http://redstateobserver.com/article...--_FVFbWPy45vd1s53VvCaaGG72G1Agr99uVDt_Rlat0Y

JUSSIE SMOLLETT WILL FACE TRIAL AFTER JUDGE DENIES DISMISSAL REQUEST​

Posted 1 hour ago

From M.THEEPOCHTIMES.COM

Actor Jussie Smollett’s criminal trial will move forward after a judge on Oct. 15 struck down the actor’s effort to dismiss the case against him.
Smollett in early 2019 made headlines after he told police officers in Chicago that he was attacked by two white men who shouted epithets at him. However, several weeks later, Smollett, who is black, was charged with one felony count of lying to authorities after officers uncovered evidence that suggested the incident had been staged.
After initial charges against him were dropped by Cook County State Attorney Kim Foxx’s office, a special prosecutor was appointed and charged him with felony counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly filing false police reports about what happened. Smollett has denied the allegations and has pleaded not guilty.

Foxx, who received funding from wealthy left-wing financier George Soros for her reelection campaign, came under criticism for her handling of the case. The special prosecutor concluded that while she and her office did nothing criminal, they did abuse their discretion and made false statements about the case.
On Oct. 15, Judge James Linn said that Smollett’s case now is being handled by a special prosecutor and stated he wouldn’t interfere, according to reporters. Smollett’s trial was set for Nov. 29.

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but in case you haven't:

at 1:42 he makes fun of idiots like Tiborat.

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but in case you haven't:

at 1:42 he makes fun of idiots like Tiborat.

He ruined him in a span of 5:00 minutes. And I love 3:13 "sounds like something I would say!" Dave Chappelle has been busting his *** since he was a teen and here comes this soy latte drinking princess (I mean that more rhetorically than caring about his sexual preference) who hasn't done **** - except for getting national attention for staging the most idiotic hate crime one could possibly imagine.

"Justice for Juicy!" :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure he was high on the list of Tiborat's American heroes.

I was captivated by the description Jussie Smollet gave - not a hole anywhere in his story.

Walking around Chicago in sub-zero temperatures at 2:00 a.m. to buy a sandwich at a place that is closed at that hour and just happen to run into two MAGA racists who conveniently had a rope ready to put around the neck of a gay black actor they were almost certain to encounter on a freezing Chicago street at that hour??

Makes perfect sense to me.

I was captivated by the description Jussie Smollet gave - not a hole anywhere in his story.

Walking around Chicago in sub-zero temperatures at 2:00 a.m. to buy a sandwich at a place that is closed at that hour and just happen to run into two MAGA racists who conveniently had a rope ready to put around the neck of a gay black actor they were almost certain to encounter on a freezing Chicago street at that hour??

Well he is an actor. So faking **** is his thing

And they recognized that D list hack on sight. Most people never heard of him until his lie made the news.

Don't forget they also just happened to be carrying around bleach at the time, just in case they needed to throw it at someone apparently. He is obviously an incredibly stupid person this think that sounded at all plausible. The only surprise to me were how many morons there are in the world who were stupid enough to believe it.

Don't forget they also just happened to be carrying around bleach at the time, just in case they needed to throw it at someone apparently. He is obviously an incredibly stupid person this think that sounded at all plausible. The only surprise to me were how many morons there are in the world who were stupid enough to believe it.

Juicy keeps digging the hole deeper. This is not going to end well for her.

Jussie Smollett did a 'dry run' of his attack the day prior to the incident, prosecutors say​

Surveillance videos may play a key role in Jussie Smollett's case​

By Tyler McCarthy | Fox News

Fox News Flash top entertainment headlines 11/29

Fox News Flash top entertainment and celebrity headlines are here.
Jussie Smollett was allegedly seen on video conducting a dry run of his attack the day before it took place, further lending credence to the prosecution’s claims that he orchestrated the whole thing.
During opening arguments on Monday, special prosecutor Dan Webb told the jury that Smollett was upset that a threatening hate letter that was sent to the studio behind "Empire" wasn’t taken seriously enough. As a result, Webb is hoping to convince a jury that the actor hired brothers Abimbola and Olabinjo Osundairo to attack him.
One potentially damning piece of evidence teased during Webb’s opening arguments was that there is surveillance video showing Smollett and the two siblings, who he worked with on "Empire," doing a kind of "dry run" of the attack in the area the day before it allegedly took place.

The prosecution will allege what the Osundairo brothers have already told investigators, that they were cut a check for $3,500 after the dry run and given $100 in cash to get supplies to stage the attack at Smollett’s behest.
JUSSIE SMOLLETT ARRIVES TO COURT WITH ARMS LINKED TO FAMILY MEMBERS: LIVE UPDATES
Actor Jussie Smollett arrives Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021, at the Leighton Criminal Courthouse for day two of his trial in Chicago.

Actor Jussie Smollett arrives Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021, at the Leighton Criminal Courthouse for day two of his trial in Chicago. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast)
Meanwhile, defense attorney Nenye Uche said the two brothers attacked Smollett in January 2019 because they didn't like him, and that the check the actor paid the men was for training so he could prepare for an upcoming music video, not as payment for staging a hate crime, as prosecutors allege.
JUSSIE SMOLLETT TRIAL: JUDGE ORDERS NO CAMERAS, PRESS IN COURTROOM DURING JURY SELECTION
Actor Jussie Smollett arrives with his mother Janet, for the second day of his trial.

Actor Jussie Smollett arrives with his mother Janet, for the second day of his trial. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast)
After opening arguments, the prosecution got right into showing the jury surveillance video painstakingly gathered by the Chicago Police Department that showed the Osundairo brothers walking around near Smollett on the night of the attack. Chicago police detective Michael Theis reviewed how a series of surveillance, security and doorbell camera footage was used to track the brothers’ movements on the night of the attack and ultimately identify them as the culprits.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
Brothers Olabinjo Osundairo, right, and Abimbola Osundairo, appear outside the Leighton Criminal Courthouse in Chicago, Feb. 24, 2020.

Brothers Olabinjo Osundairo, right, and Abimbola Osundairo, appear outside the Leighton Criminal Courthouse in Chicago, Feb. 24, 2020. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast, File)
However, Smollett and his attorney also allege that a third attacker was involved. There is little to no evidence going into the trial to support that, but Uche seems confident that it will help prove his client’s innocence. Uche noted during his opening argument that there is not a "shred" of physical evidence proving Smollett faked the attack.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Currently, it is Smollett’s word against the Osundairo siblings. However, prosecutors seem to think that the video evidence collected by the police, including the alleged dry run of the attack, will prove their case to a jury.

He ruined him in a span of 5:00 minutes. And I love 3:13 "sounds like something I would say!" Dave Chappelle has been busting his *** since he was a teen and here comes this soy latte drinking princess (I mean that more rhetorically than caring about his sexual preference) who hasn't done **** - except for getting national attention for staging the most idiotic hate crime one could possibly imagine.

"Justice for Juicy!" :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure he was high on the list of Tiborat's American heroes.

I forgot how funny he was..

LMAO, Juicy's ******. This whole thing is ridiculous. Her lawyers suck. I can't wait for total meltdown. It's coming...

Jussie Smollett's Request for a Mistrial Will Have You Literally Laughing out Loud​

By Bonchie | Dec 03, 2021 8:00 AM ET
Share Tweet
f9d16814-c94e-45ce-b170-9d221da89072-860x475.jpg
AP Photo/Paul Beaty
The trial of Jussie Smollett continues apace. Smollett is accused of making false claims to police after asserting that two racist men attacked him during sub-zero temperatures in Chicago, IL while shouting “This is MAGA country!” That led to days of breathless media coverage elevating Smollett as the victim of a hate crime and blaming Donald Trump for creating an environment where such could happen.

Of course, all evidence points to the fact that it didn’t happen. Yesterday, the two brothers, who Smollett allegedly hired to fake the incident, took the stand and things didn’t go well for the defense. Not only is there a check Smollett wrote to them for their services, but there’s a video of Smollett and the two men doing a dry run the day before, choosing the spot where the “attack” would take place.

I won’t rehash everything as RedState has covered the case extensively since its inception, including the ongoing trial so be sure to check that coverage out.

What do you do when you are losing as a defendant? You start doing desperate things, and Smollett’s lawyers did just that yesterday, requesting a mistrial and personally attacking the judge. So what was the request for? Originally, a sidebar was called so Tamara Walker, a lawyer for Smollett, could request a mistrial based on the judge shutting down a line of questioning which he found irrelevant (it was). Things went downhill from there.

Apparently, she is now accusing the judge of physically “lunging” at her during the sidebar in his chamber. Smollett’s lawyers also accused the judge of visibly “snarling” when he sustained objections.

Yes, Smollett’s legal team is making up wild stories about the judge in a trial that is only happening because Smollett made up a wild story. It’s absolute art, and I promise you this isn’t satire. Here are the details per The New York Post.

While the attorneys were conferring with Linn, Walker claimed he “physically lunged” at her when she presented the motion for a mistrial, a claim the justice vigorously denied and was not witnessed by The Post.
“When you said the word mistrial on these grounds frankly I was stunned you’d even consider a mistrial based on this,” Linn said.
“I marched right back behind my bench,” he continued, adding he didn’t lunge at Walker.
The questioning that got all this started was Walker asking Olabinjo Osundairo, one of the brothers who orchestrated the fake hate crime with Smollett, if he had called someone a “fruity ***” at some point in the past. He had, but the judge ruled the line of questioning wasn’t relevant. Obviously, Osundairo having made offensive remarks in the past does nothing to change the fact he was contracted by Smollett.

That’s when Walker went to the judge to make the request for a mistrial, after which she claimed the judge physically lunged at her. She then started to cry and left the courtroom with her mother (who was there for some reason). Admittedly, I wasn’t aware this was a high-school mock trial. The rest of Smollett’s legal team then made other claims that the judge was snarling at them, again trying to paint him as biased. Walker eventually returned and continued her questioning.

It’s all so absurd. Smollett’s legal team clearly wants to throw as much mud as possible into the gears hoping it gets their client off somehow, but I can’t imagine this stuff working in their favor. Judges, and the system in general, don’t usually reward such game playing.

A) Juicy is an assclown that needs to be made an example of. I hope he's working at the Subway he claims he went to at 2AM.
B) Kamel Toe is a disgrace.
C) Dave Chappelle's routine is a classic and is an amazing comedian.

1639013808575.png

Somewhere, Tiblio and Floggy sob.

"But, but, but, but we so believed in this pandemic of racism!"

"But, but, but, but we so believed in this pandemic of racism!"

'Twas another dark day in American history.

- ******* morons Fibs and Flogged

Dude had to get his Nigerian bathhouse buddies to stage the most moronic hoax of our lifetime. Trump broke so many brains it's actually scary. And The Swamp is actually as deep as Lake Superior it turns out. So upsidedown and scum-ridden it's almost hard to fathom.