• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Just another reason to hate Tomlin

Yes it does. Thermal heat pollution. It's waste heat. It's part of the biggest reasons that **** is so hard to get rid of. It almost never dissipates as far as that goes depending on the isotope. There's a ton of it buried in places that are ice capped and if that **** melts and it will.....all that waste needs to be accounted for.

Please stop, you're raising the collective IQ around here by tenfold, and we can't have that. This board exists in a vacuum, devoid of facts and knowledge. How dare you introduce such things? Please, get with the program.

Please stop, you're raising the collective IQ around here by tenfold, and we can't have that. This board exists in a vacuum, devoid of facts and knowledge. How dare you introduce such things? Please, get with the program.

Read what I noted, above, Tibs and then comment on "nuclear waste" heating up the climate.

It is, to be frank, a stupid argument.

Read what I noted, above, Tibs and then comment on "nuclear waste" heating up the climate.
Splitting hairs, as far as I'm concerned, arguing what level of effect it has. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

Also, I'm glad you've come around and acknowledged that global warming is a man-made phenomena.

You said so, or quoted so, yourself.

Global warming is mostly due to heat production by human industry

Good to have you on board. Hopefully, many more here will follow, as the future of our planet is in peril.

Splitting hairs, as far as I'm concerned, arguing what level of effect it has. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

Also, I'm glad you've come around and acknowledged that global warming is a man-made phenomena.

You said so, or quoted so, yourself.

Good to have you on board. Hopefully, many more here will follow, as the future of our planet is in peril.

Right, the fate of the planet rests in the hands of Steeler fans here on this forum. Idiot.

The fact remains that if all Co2 emissions released into the atmosphere by Americas 300,000,000 inhabitants were to cease, nothing would change. Nothing.
Yes the future of the planet is in peril...a one world governance agenda pushed by progressive globalists taking advantage of "man induced warming " from miniscule Co2 emissions which amount to nothing but a fart in a hurricane. Global wealth distribution is what its all about.

endenhofer.png

Would you like another?

A high UN official has admitted the real reason for the climate hysteria: to transform the world economy, redistributing income from rich nations to poorer ones. Christiana Figueres, the Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), warned that the fight against climate change is a process and that the sought-after transformation of the world economy will not be decided at one conference or in one agreement.

Christiana-Figueres At a press conference in Brussels, Figueres stated:

"This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model, for the first time in human history."

When are you idiots gonna see this? How can you possibly not recognize this as being hoax when the evidence is clearly placed in front of you?

Last edited:

The material I quoted was from AGW sites, for **** sake.

Do you think non-AGW sources believe that man has ANY effect on the climate?

Also, I'm glad you've come around and acknowledged that global warming is a man-made phenomena. You said so, or quoted so, yourself.

I obviously did not say it. How the **** would I know how much "global warming" is due to heat emission?

The AGW crowd says that ALL man-made heat, not just from nuclear waste mind you, but ALL man-made heat emissions account for 1 ******* percent of global warming.

And for the 10th ******* time - yes, man-made CO2 emissions likely warm the climate. The question is and always has been, "To what extent?"

Do man-made CO2 emissions result in a 1.0 degree temperature increase over the next 100 years? If so, the AGW crowd agrees, "No big deal."

If that temperature increase is 2.0 degrees C or above, then big deal.

That is the debate. And my position has always been that modeling something with as many variables as the climate, and basing multi-trillion dollar decisions on the accuracy of such modeling, where the models have consistently failed, is a bad idea.

Is that too hard to understand?

Oh for the love of god ... stored nuclear waste, in its entirety, will NOT produce enough heat to change the earth's climate, and only somebody making **** up would claim otherwise. If you put together all nuclear waste on the planet into a giant pile in one area, and exposed it to the air, the pile of waste material would not "heat up" the atmosphere enough to change climate.

What do you think releases more heat into the environment, radioactive waste - which is shielded from the environment due to its radioactivity - or a forest fire raging over 1,000 acres? Do you think forest fires "change the climate"??

Further, nuclear waste products that are buried remain radioactive for various amounts of time, depending on the material that is radioactive, and produce heat, but those waste materials are processed, shielded and cooled so that the heat has no appreciable effect on the immediate surroundings, let alone the climate. "A typical reactor generates about 27 tonnes of used fuel which may be reduced to 3 m[SUP]3[/SUP] per year of vitrified waste. ... Either way, after 40-50 years the heat and radioactivity have fallen to one thousandth of the level at removal. ... After storage for about 40 years the used fuel assemblies are ready for encapsulation or loading into casks ready for indefinite storage or permanent disposal underground."

http://www.world-nuclear.org/inform...lear-wastes/radioactive-waste-management.aspx

"Global warming is mostly due to heat production by human industry since the 1800s, from nuclear power and fossil fuels, better termed hydrocarbons, – coal, oil, natural gas. Greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide (CO2 play a minor role even though they are widely claimed the cause. ... Waste heat [from ALL sources, most notably fossil fuels, and not just nuclear waste] is about 1% of greenhouse warming."

Your information is just plain wrong. Nuclear waste does not generate remotely enough ambient heat to change the climate.

I never said it was the MAIN contributor to global warming but it is one. You started making the comparisons. All I said in rebuttal to you sayin that radioactive waste has almost no relationship to global warming is that it does, and the main reason for that is thermal heat pollution. Most of that is created at the time the reactors are cooled and that heated water in redistributed. Nuclear advocates will say over and over that the storing and containment of this waste is no longer a technology issue but one of public and political acceptance. They are pushing the agenda for nuclear power as and alternative to cleaner power and feel that it is the most feasible solution to the power demands that we will see in the future because of this belief that it does not contribute to global warming after cooling and that the waste can be stored safely for years. This is mostly about entropy and whether or not we believe that global warming increases the Earths radiation artificially or that the Earth is adapting to it.

I never said it was the MAIN contributor to global warming but it is one. You started making the comparisons. All I said in rebuttal to you sayin that radioactive waste has almost no relationship to global warming is that it does, and the main reason for that is thermal heat pollution.

Oh for the love of God ... my farts contribute to global warming. Do my farts and the ambient heat generated by nuclear waste contribute anything remotely close to a factor meriting discussion of global warming?

No. No, and it's not remotely close. You may as well talk about the heat generated by dogs. Those ******* are always panting and sweating for crying out loud.

Oh for the love of God ... my farts contribute to global warming. Do my farts and the ambient heat generated by nuclear waste contribute anything remotely close to a factor meriting discussion of global warming?

No. No, and it's not remotely close. You may as well talk about the heat generated by dogs. Those ******* are always panting and sweating for crying out loud.

I live in Pennsylvania. I'm all in favor of global warming (even if it was real).

What is it up to now?

I'm guessing around 40.