• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Just lost a liberal friend on Facebook

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
We're having an open discussion on my FB post, and my liberal friend went mental on a tongue in cheek comment by a libertarian friend of mine incorrectly assuming that he was as right as you can get. I told him on my page that he was in the middle and not to assume the worst. Then he PMs me this nugget.

Man Liberals really care that you know exactly how they feel when your opinion is not in lockstep with theirs:

I'm going to drop you off Facebook. I understand that X is your friend, but I'm not going to accept being admonished for responding to your comments and his defense of something that isn't reasonably defensible. It's reasonable to assume based on his comment that he is right of center. It's not relevant to me how far that is. (Your response to me has clearly provided a place for him to hide.)

Generally, I respect your thoughfulness, but, IMO, your way off on this one.

I will always smile at seeing you dance with your daughter. I think theres a real decency in you and your family. Good luck

My reply

No worries Y, I rarely post anything political, but X is a libertarian, and I just want you to know that. I don't mind what people post on their own pages, but if you you're posting on mine, I want you to be informed of my friends actual views before assuming the worst and attacking someone on my page.

Boo Hoo. Have a nice life...

Your friend is a better human being than you. You better accept that.

Invite them here, we take care of our libs in hiding

lol

Invite them here, we take care of our libs in hiding

lol

They come out every now an then....Elfie can stay under his rock for good
tenor.gif

Didn't know you & Tibs were FB friends.

We're having an open discussion on my FB post, and my liberal friend....

Friend is as overused a word as love.

Few of us have more than a handful of real friends.

This was no friend.

You're better off.

I always say about us Libertarians, eventually we get people on both sides mad at us.

I always say about us Libertarians, eventually we get people on both sides mad at us.

I hold many Libertarian views, but can not get behind their stupid bullshit that holds them back as a legitimate group.

I hold many Libertarian views, but can not get behind their stupid bullshit that holds them back as a legitimate group.

Same, I don't agree with them on immigration and weak national defense but I agree with most other things. Consider myself a Conservatarian.

Real libertarians wouldn't identify with a dumb political group.
"I refuse to belong to any club that would have ME as a member." -- Groucho Marx

JFK_1_zps34jtfouq.jpg

That's one way to drain the swamp. One lib at a time

Reactions: MTC
My best friend of 35 years hasn't unfriended me, but she has made it clear that she and I will no longer be associated with each other....because I voted for Trump. My cousin said I am not welcome to meet his son because I am a racist who voted Trump. He unfriended and blocked me on FB. When I was in the Burgh for Thanksgiving, he made it a point to not go to family gatherings because I was there...and he couldn't expose his son to the vitriol that I spoew.

As for the BFF....I think we are at the point where one of us is waiting for the other one to say it's over. I'm too stubborn...and I don't want her to have the satisfaction of getting the better of me. But still...ending a 35 year friendship because of Trump is beyond ludicrous.

My best friend of 35 years hasn't unfriended me, but she has made it clear that she and I will no longer be associated with each other....because I voted for Trump. My cousin said I am not welcome to meet his son because I am a racist who voted Trump. He unfriended and blocked me on FB. When I was in the Burgh for Thanksgiving, he made it a point to not go to family gatherings because I was there...and he couldn't expose his son to the vitriol that I spoew.

As for the BFF....I think we are at the point where one of us is waiting for the other one to say it's over. I'm too stubborn...and I don't want her to have the satisfaction of getting the better of me. But still...ending a 35 year friendship because of Trump is beyond ludicrous.

Especially when it is your right to vote for whoever you want. It's insane that people choose to hold political choices against them, and not taking the merits of that human being into account.

Sorry you have to put up with that bullshit.

Internet drama is for yentas. **** ‘em, move on with **** that matters.

Especially when it is your right to vote for whoever you want. It's insane that people choose to hold political choices against them, and not taking the merits of that human being into account.

Sorry you have to put up with that bullshit.

It’s ok. (I mean it’s NOT, but you know what I mean). I can’t change how they feel and trying to would be a waste of breath and time. It just hurts. I wouldn’t do that to them. But I guess if you’re a liberal, hurting feelings and ruining families is OK.

It’s ok. (I mean it’s NOT, but you know what I mean). I can’t change how they feel and trying to would be a waste of breath and time. It just hurts. I wouldn’t do that to them. But I guess if you’re a liberal, hurting feelings and ruining families is OK.

The simple fact of the matter is this - conservatives believe liberals are wrong, sometimes stupidly wrong. Liberals believe conservatives are evil.

You voted for Obama? Okay, not a great idea as his economic knowledge is zero and will impede economic growth. You voted for Trump?? YOU'RE EVIL!!! DIE AND BURN IN HELL!

The simple fact of the matter is this - conservatives believe liberals are wrong, sometimes stupidly wrong. Liberals believe conservatives are evil.

You voted for Obama? Okay, not a great idea as his economic knowledge is zero and will impede economic growth. You voted for Trump?? YOU'RE EVIL!!! DIE AND BURN IN HELL!

You forgot racist....lol.