• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kendric at FB ....... or WATT ???

Here’s my prediction…

KG is getting a roster spot & will be used in goal line situations and is gonna knock some people on their arses’ with a running start as Najee barrels into the end zone…

AND he will be a fan favorite by mid-season.

He is already growing in being a fan favorite. The mob seems to like the underdog model of him being the FB. Great prediction and hope it holds true, but my mantra seems to think he is a bit slow (speed) for the job. I guess that’s why they are working him out extensively to evaluate, can’t blame them because if he can handle the FB along with C & G, he may have a roster spot.

Salute the nation

Here’s my prediction…

KG is getting a roster spot & will be used in goal line situations and is gonna knock some people on their arses’ with a running start as Najee barrels into the end zone…

Bold prediction. Mine is he will be cut because he has largely sucked at his own position and he would slow down Najee because he would be in the way.

If you want a true FB then it’s Derrick Watt. Don’t know why all the fuss though. We never used Watt when he was here which to me was a big mistake. Tomlin disregards the FB so why fool around with experimenting with a slug of an OL men trying to make him a FB. I said yesterday in another thread that this is nothing more than Tomlin being Tomlin and showing his stubbornness trying to find a spot for this guy. Horrible third round pick!
You’re pretty spot on

Mikey no use FB
Mikey no admit draft mistakes
Mikey definitely stubborn

Just a way to gain publicity for a team that hasn’t been playoff relevant in years and a way to brace the fan base for another year on an inept retread returning

Mikey love position flexibility

The Steelers almost never use a FB. It makes little sense to waste a roster spot on a guy who sees no action. I have no problem with Green, Heyward, or anyone else who can fill that spot a few times a game.

The Steelers almost never use a FB. It makes little sense to waste a roster spot on a guy who sees no action. I have no problem with Green, Heyward, or anyone else who can fill that spot a few times a game.

I look at Green being a depth player, nothing more / nothing less. The FB position is a way over concern of a very limited position of use.

I like the comradely this story brings but also realize if he is a roster spot, he is that for his OL plat 1st and FB play limited.

Salute the nation

You’re pretty spot on

Mikey no use FB
Mikey no admit draft mistakes
Mikey definitely stubborn

Just a way to gain publicity for a team that hasn’t been playoff relevant in years and a way to brace the fan base for another year on an inept retread returning

Mikey love position flexibility
Mikey cut eyelids
Mikey no blink

Mikey need shower
Mikey do stink

Mikey like talkey
Mikey all show

Mikey say stuff
That make steelernation groan

He is already growing in being a fan favorite. The mob seems to like the underdog model of him being the FB. Great prediction and hope it holds true, but my mantra seems to think he is a bit slow (speed) for the job. I guess that’s why they are working him out extensively to evaluate, can’t blame them because if he can handle the FB along with C & G, he may have a roster spot.

Salute the nation

Some fans like "Hulk Smash" football. It's pure and bludgeoning your opponent is bliss.

Here’s my prediction…

Knock people on their arses? KG would miss his blocks even with a running start.

I look at Green being a depth player, nothing more / nothing less. The FB position is a way over concern of a very limited position of use.

I like the comradely this story brings but also realize if he is a roster spot, he is that for his OL plat 1st and FB play limited.

Salute the nation
And his being able to play FB gives him an advantage over other players fighting for a roster spot. But, it definitely should not be the main reason they keep him.

Interesting Numbers.
Derek Watt: 4.75 forty, 33.5" vert, 116" BJ, 4.29 20-yard shuttle. At 6-2 235lbs
Kendrick Green 4.89 forty, 35.5 vert, 119, 4.67 20-yard shuttle. At 6-2 305lbs.

Interesting Numbers.
Derek Watt: 4.75 forty, 33.5" vert, 116" BJ, 4.29 20-yard shuttle. At 6-2 235lbs
Kendrick Green 4.89 forty, 35.5 vert, 119, 4.67 20-yard shuttle. At 6-2 305lbs.
That is my fear, the slower Kendrick not having the “Quick” needed.

Salute the nation

They should kick the tires on Kareem Hunt. Would be about the best depth you can get at RB at this point. Guy can run, catch and has been pretty durable and low mileage on his legs backing up Chubb. Was a stud in KC, Has RB1 talent. Huge upgrade over Mcfarland and a lateral move at worst from Harris.

What he lacks in speed he gains in size and will just beat off those defenders!

Defenders might fall prey to that sort of ————- treatment……………..

Salute the nation

He'll what those defenders? lol

LOL..Beat them off!! What don't you understand about that? LOL!

I guess not everyone remembered years ago when a poster unwittingly used "able to beat off defenders" to describe a running back.
That was a standing joke here for a while here. I kind of resurrected it.

LOL..Beat them off!! What don't you understand about that? LOL!

I guess not everyone remembered years ago when a poster unwittingly used "able to beat off defenders" to describe a running back.
That was a standing joke here for a while here. I kind of resurrected it.

In the "defender's" case, you erected it..........................................................

Thanks for the blast from the past and I fully remembered that abortional time in history..............

Salute the nation

Wexell reports that Conner Heyward, running a jet sweep, pulls up and throws a td pass to Friermuth. He described it as a shot put, not really a pretty throw. Kenny said he would give him a talking to.

Kenny in shotgun, gentry comes across in motion, gets under center and snaps the ball. Robert's ends that play immediately.

In the "defender's" case, you erected it..........................................................

Thanks for the blast from the past and I fully remembered that abortional time in history..............

Salute the nation
Yeah "beating off defenders" didn't have the longevity as does the "Luxury S10" or " "he wasn't used properly" .
Those are still active. LOL

Last edited:

Salute the nation
Definitely a blast

They should kick the tires on Kareem Hunt. Would be about the best depth you can get at RB at this point. Guy can run, catch and has been pretty durable and low mileage on his legs backing up Chubb. Was a stud in KC, Has RB1 talent. Huge upgrade over Mcfarland and a lateral move at worst from Harris.
They don’t need that kind of guy at 3 Rb… 3 Rb is typically a special team player… he could be a returner or coverage guy, but you never see a late 20’s previous starter in that kind of role… all those guys will hold out for a RB 1 or 2 spot… they aren’t playing special teams for league minimum lol

That is my fear, the slower Kendrick not having the “Quick” needed.

Salute the nation
I would say that shows Green has the quick to play FB. A 4.89 forty with a 35.5" vertical shows he has speed and explosiveness.

I would say that shows Green has the quick to play FB. A 4.89 forty with a 35.5" vertical shows he has speed and explosiveness.

The 20 yard shuttle would be more indicative to his on field quick........................... and he was near a 1/2 second slower, thus my comment.

They are giving him a chance and If he can impress the coaches, then he will get the nod. SPEED KILLS

Salute the nation