• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny Pickett vs this Year's Heisman Finalists

Put Purdy in the Steelers' offense and Pickett in San Francisco's. Roethlisberger, Rudolph, Trubisky, and Pickett and have been underwhelming for the Steelers. It is an offensive scheme that limits its playmakers without even considering what the opposition will do.
Rudolph has two starts in almost the last 3 years and Roethlisberger did well. Not great. Of course he was nearly 40 last year.

Your argument: on 2nd down in the 1st qtr KP has the highest QBR in the AFC North during Monday night football.
Me: he has a 74.9 quarterback rating and 4 tds to 8 ints.
You: You’re just cherry picking stats to fit your agenda.
Monday night football? I never threw out that stat or mentioned anything with Monday night play. So you are now making **** up to have something to fall back on. C'mon man. All over the board trying to grasp at straws. 😂

What I did say

Kenny>Rudy 6 days a week and Sunday.

Rudolph has two starts in almost the last 3 years and Roethlisberger did well. Not great. Of course he was nearly 40 last year.
And that doesn't show anything to support your opinions. Far from it.

Monday night football? I never threw out that stat or mentioned anything with Monday night play. So you are now making **** up to have something to fall back on. C'mon man. All over the board trying to grasp at straws. 😂

What I did say

Kenny>Rudy 6 days a week and Sunday.
I was being facetious. But I do love how you argued that comparing Rudolph’s second year stats to Pickett’s first year was ridiculous. But are fine with comparing Pickett’s 5th year starting to freshmen and sophomore QB’s on this thread lol

I was being facetious. But I do love how you argued that comparing Rudolph’s second year stats to Pickett’s first year was ridiculous. But are fine with comparing Pickett’s 5th year starting to freshmen and sophomore QB’s on this thread lol
I love how you hang on Rudy's gonads regardless of what is brought up. That brings plenty of LOLs across the site.

But you do you. 😁

Maybe not today but what about 3 years from now. Purdy has shown more in a half than KP has all year. Doesn’t matter where you start it matters where you finish. Draft status should mean zero to coaches and fans. Put the best player on the field.
You have no idea what Pickett will be three years from now. Kenny has had a rough start to his career. In fairness though, he’s not finished. Remember, it’s not how you start, but how you finish.

I don't care if Rudolph had two starts or 15 starts, he did not do well and no, lol, Roethlisberger did not do well in this offense. It was painful to watch until he ditched it late in the fourth quarter.

I don't know if I've ever seen two years in a row with subpar talent at the position where basically no one is a consensus 1st round talent.

You have no idea what Pickett will be three years from now. Kenny has had a rough start to his career. In fairness though, he’s not finished. Remember, it’s not how you start, but how you finish.
You have no idea where Purdy will be 3 years from now.

You have no idea where Purdy will be 3 years from now.
I do know he is on a better coached- decision making team than the Steelers.

You also have no idea how Pickett will look in 3 years or the majority of NFL players on a roster.

I do know he is on a better coached- decision making team than the Steelers.

You also have no idea how Pickett will look in 3 years or the majority of NFL players on a roster.
How do you know that?? Kyle Shannonhan is 4 games over .500 and hasn’t not only won a Super Bowl hasn’t even been in one.

You’re right. And I haven’t speculated about it one bit, so I’m not sure what your point is.
My point is the first half of the first start of Purdy was better than any game of Picketts.

How do you know that?? Kyle Shannonhan is 4 games over .500 and hasn’t not only won a Super Bowl hasn’t even been in one.
I would take 4 games over opposed to 4 games under. That team is looking good with a kick *** solid D, and winning despite clear deficiencies. That is better than what the Steelers have now.

One will be in the playoffs this year and one won't. I think it is obvious who is doing a better job.

My point is the first half of the first start of Purdy was better than any game of Picketts.
I see what you're saying, but also note that Purdy was pushed into the starting job after injuries to Trey Lance and Jimmy G. Otherwise, he'd still be carrying a clipboard and be obscure.

Kenny, similarly, was thrust into the starting job after Mitch sucked ***. So, while Mitch wasn't injured, his play demanded a change.

I'd be interested in speculating what Kenny could do behind that 49ers offensive line and what Purdy could do behind ours.

Pretty sure Kenny would win that.

I see what you're saying, but also note that Purdy was pushed into the starting job after injuries to Trey Lance and Jimmy G. Otherwise, he'd still be carrying a clipboard and be obscure.

Kenny, similarly, was thrust into the starting job after Mitch sucked ***. So, while Mitch wasn't injured, his play demanded a change.

I'd be interested in speculating what Kenny could do behind that 49ers offensive line and what Purdy could do behind ours.

Pretty sure Kenny would win that.
It would be interesting to see. But what I saw from Purdy was accurate throws getting the ball out on time while finding the open man. Those three things equate to success in the NFL.

It would be interesting to see. But what I saw from Purdy was accurate throws getting the ball out on time while finding the open man. Those three things equate to success in the NFL.
and I saw an OL that was eons better than ours

There are teams every year doing more with less than the Steelers. Nobody on this board would take Purdy over Pickett. But the fact that Purdy is performing speaks to one of many glaring deficiencies in the Steelers organization.
I couldn't agree more...it sure seems like our ability to develop players is severely lacking. I don't believe that our scouting department and/or Kevin Colbert forgot how to evaluate talent overnight...but at the same time, a lot of those players that have talent may not be at the NFL level when they are drafted. It is up to the coaching staff to get the most out of those players and develop them and find ways to utilize them. It seems if we draft a great player or if we sign a great player via FA, then we have a great player, but anything less just seems to remain at the same level.

Shanahan coached the 49ers to an NFC Championship and Super Bowl appearance in 2019, where they blew a 20-10 fourth quarter lead over the Chiefs to lose 31-20.

Shanahan coached the 49ers to an NFC Championship and Super Bowl appearance in 2019, where they blew a 20-10 fourth quarter lead over the Chiefs to lose 31-20.
I was incorrect. I forgot about Super Bowl LIV. It is the only Super Bowl I have missed in 40 years. I was on a plane for Atlanta that one.

Meh in Purdy’s first appearance he didn’t look good, in his second he looked ok. Last game he looked good… the 49rs averaged over 30 non qb runs in his two longer appearances… they sheltered and limited him… exactly what you do with a rookie… we had picket throw 62 times in his first start… for the first several we averaged under 20 non qb runs … next man up mentality… don’t change the gameplan to fit the players you have … just demand the rookie perform like tge HOF vet you just forced off the team

There are teams every year doing more with less than the Steelers. Nobody on this board would take Purdy over Pickett. But the fact that Purdy is performing speaks to one of many glaring deficiencies in the Steelers organization.
nailed-it.gif

I saw some stats the other day showing that Pickett’s rookie stats aren’t a lot different than Ben’s rookie stats. Difference is Ben had a great running game, line, and OC.

I saw some stats the other day showing that Pickett’s rookie stats aren’t a lot different than Ben’s rookie stats. Difference is Ben had a great running game, line, and OC.
The one big difference for me is the TD passes. Ben had 17
While the OC......line and all that have made differences,Kenny has had multiple opportunities to score inside the 20. And has missed the receivers several times,as well as making the wrong read.
This isn’t to say he won’t improve ,but It’s probably my biggest disappointment with him that I have seen.

Not being that big of a college game watcher,last year I had a feeling they were going to draft Pickett,so I watched at least 5 games to see what we might get. What impressed me most was his almost Montana like coolness,nothing seemed to ruffle him. His escape ability As well as his fierce competitiveness. So far this season,as many on here point out,he does get the happy feet,panic a bit. Let’s hope as he has now surely adjusted to the speed of the game,this improves.