• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny Pickett vs this Year's Heisman Finalists

The thing that concerns me is that it’s never been easier to pass in the NFL, and all of our QB’s struggle. Either they aren’t that good, or our scheme is bad. It’s easier to change the OC and see if the players perform in a new scheme.

If there is failure, in my mind it’s an indictment of the HC, scouts and GM because you either can’t evaluate coaches, talent or both.

And none of this is new. It’s been going on for years. It’s a team and system steeped in mediocrity, that no one seems to know how to overcome. Every year there is a new scapegoat. Last year it was Ben. Who will it be this year?

The thing that concerns me is that it’s never been easier to pass in the NFL, and all of our QB’s struggle. Either they aren’t that good, or our scheme is bad. It’s easier to change the OC and see if the players perform in a new scheme.

If there is failure, in my mind it’s an indictment of the HC, scouts and GM because you either can’t evaluate coaches, talent or both.

And none of this is new. It’s been going on for years. It’s a team and system steeped in mediocrity, that no one seems to know how to overcome. Every year there is a new scapegoat. Last year it was Ben. Who will it be this year?
If Ben Roethlisberger (even an aging Ben) can't pass in your scheme, your scheme is total F'n garbage.

Actually we are in the midst of a defensive adjustment across the nfl that has really cut down some of the passing game advantages the past decade… its just stupid that we are trying to ride a short pass offense that was en vogue in 2017 now that defenses have adjusted.. a day late and a dollar short if you will

Maybe not today but what about 3 years from now. Purdy has shown more in a half than KP has all year. Doesn’t matter where you start it matters where you finish.

Agree 100%, Ford.

So can I ask why you are offering conclusions based on where Brock Purdy starts vs. where Kenny Pickett starts? Neither has completed one freaking season.

While we point fingers up and down the roster, I know who it will NOT be

Agree 100%, Ford.

So can I ask why you are offering conclusions based on where Brock Purdy starts vs. where Kenny Pickett starts? Neither has completed one freaking season.
I didn’t. I just stated Purdy has already shown more than Pickett has. Which is a fact. Hopefully Pickett will end up better in 2 or 3 years.

I didn’t. I just stated Purdy has already shown more than Pickett has. Which is a fact.

Okay.

And so did Mike White in his 2nd game of 2021. Then he threw 4 picks in a 45-17 rout against Buffalo.

And he looked great again his 1st game of 2022. Since then, 2 games, 0 TD, 2 picks, combined rating of 65.

So perhaps we not make snap judgments on a position as difficult to judge as QB after just 9 games, particularly with an OC who is arguably the worst coach in the NFL.

Okay.

And so did Mike White in his 2nd game of 2021. Then he threw 4 picks in a 45-17 rout against Buffalo.

And he looked great again his 1st game of 2022. Since then, 2 games, 0 TD, 2 picks, combined rating of 65.

So perhaps we not make snap judgments on a position as difficult to judge as QB after just 9 games, particularly with an OC who is arguably the worst coach in the NFL.
I TOTALLY agree. Only giving someone 9 or even lets say 10 games and writing them off is asinine.

😊

ANYONE except Coach Tomlin.

Salute the nation