• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kirk Cousins

To be honest that would really **** the team over. Nothing good can come from that. 1. Mason plays like garbage. Team sucks we have to watch. This is the best case scenario. 2. Rudolph does well and we win. Now Rudolph going into the offseason is an unrestricted free agent and we probably going to have to outbid the league to sign him.

Lose lose scenario for us. I guess unless we don’t resign him and take the 2025 comp pick. Then that’s a win.
Both seem like good scenarios actually, if by any miracle he does well you might get a 5th round comp

Both seem like good scenarios actually, if by any miracle he does well you might get a 5th round comp
Imagine the outrage. Imagine how the children on this board who hate him would react. Then if we let him go and he actually ends up being a decent QB and Pickett doesn’t progress. Man.

To be honest that would really **** the team over. Nothing good can come from that. 1. Mason plays like garbage. Team sucks we have to watch. This is the best case scenario. 2. Rudolph does well and we win. Now Rudolph going into the offseason is an unrestricted free agent and we probably going to have to outbid the league to sign him.

Lose lose scenario for us. I guess unless we don’t resign him and take the 2025 comp pick. Then that’s a win.
FLIP

Salute the nation

Imagine the outrage. Imagine how the children on this board who hate him would react. Then if we let him go and he actually ends up being a decent QB and Pickett doesn’t progress. Man.

A-N-D he’s back.

Salute the nation

Oh, wait I forgot if you don’t say it’s a forgone conclusion that Rudolph is the worst quarterback in the history of the league you are somehow infatuated with Rudolph. Of course if you don’t say Kenny is going to be the best quarterback of all time and win 8 Super Bowls then you’re a hater and a moron.

No one hates him and I just want the best for the team from now on as nothing can change the past. Still, it all begins with new coaches, either with or without Tomlin I don't care but bring true coordinators that know their x & o's and whoever the head coach is that he let them do their thing.

No one hates him and I just want the best for the team from now on as nothing can change the past. Still, it all begins with new coaches, either with or without Tomlin I don't care but bring true coordinators that know their x & o's and whoever the head coach is that he let them do their thing.
I would disagree that people on this board don’t hate him. Or people in the fan base in general. Same with the people who have unbridled love for Pickett. Not everyone. But enough. The team moved on and we are on the pickett train. Whether that leads to a Super Bowl or goes off the tracks.

I wouldn’t have gone this route. That’s all I have said. I would have rather have road out last year with Mitch and Mason and a later round pick like Howell. I’ve said that from the start. The more this 💩 show keeps going the more I look to have been right. Still hope I’m wrong on Kenny but we’ll see.

😅😂😭🤣

You have a better chance at being a GM yeah that long of odds.

**** you think you have plenty to report about Kenny's missed opportunities, put Mason in there.

Grand delusions. It gave me a great laugh for the day!

Children on this board. Oh look another diss of SN posters. There is no hatred for Mason or unbridled love for Pickett but there is an obsessed poster that loves to try to belittle posters in hope to elevate his ****** opinions.

This guy daily shows the depth of his crappy insight.

I do want to say, even though I don’t believe Kenny is the answer, the guy really has no chance with the OC he has. I feel for the kid.

I just read an article that Cousins structured his contract to ensure that he will become an unrestricted free agent come 2024 and wants to test the waters. If Pickett is not showing signs of improvement, do we pull a New York Jets and bring in a vet who has at least shown the ability to put up top tier numbers? Not sure if Kirk is all about the money and perhaps the desire to win a super bowl could sway him to take a little less. Our defense, offensive line, and running backs are better than what he has. They have Jefferson but besides that we are deeper at the WR position.
**** Kirk Cousins....We ride with Pickett!!!!!

you'd be creaming your jeans for days, wouldn't you?

A real qb has to have the permission and ability to change the Play at the LOS. Mahomes, Burrow, can they change a play? Tomlin smothers the offense because he is scared.
People who "don't live in their fears" do not talk about psycho-babble like this because they live life and accept risk with its rewards and losses.

It's only those folks that require self-affirmation that even think about structuring their minds to avoid what scares them.

So we know Tomlin is acutely afraid of many things. The situation this season shows that Tomlin needs better personal psychological grounding, because he is no where near the confidence level -- in himself -- that he needs to be to actually lead the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Reactions: xjx
you'd be creaming your jeans for days, wouldn't you?
Nah. I would just point out he only had 384 attempts with us and never had a fair shot.

🙄🤡

Nah. I would just point out he only had 384 attempts with us and never had a fair shot.
Right, because we all know every qb deserves a BARE mininum 500-1000 dropbacks before they can be fairly assessed 🙄

How's come its week 5 and the board feels like it's the off-season?

How's come its week 5 and the board feels like it's the off-season?
Its ok.. we are well on our way to a 10-7 season and first round playoff loss… this is just the “woe is us” part of the season… you know … its always either start ****** and finish great or start fast and collapse… but the important part is whatever our biggest weaknesses are will be super exposed in the playoffs…

Right, because we all know every qb deserves a BARE mininum 500-1000 dropbacks before they can be fairly assessed 🙄
I would say to make a fair assessment 1500 attempts. What I mean if I were to say there's no chance at this QB becoming successful in the NFL I want to see 1500 NFL passes. That is when I will set my opinion in stone. Doesn't mean I couldn't be wrong just that is where I would feel comfortable saying there's nothing here lets move on. Now it isn't a hard number. It's not like at 1499 I am still on the fence. The more snaps the more I see and the more I can feel comfortable with my conclusion. I have less of a body of work to deduce what type of QB Rudolph could be than I do with Pickett. So, if I compare the two, I don't feel as confident making a determination on Rudolph.

The FO felt real comfy on making a determination on Rudy. They determined he is red nosed third stringer capable.

Pretty sure one individual poster doesn't get to determine how many reps a QB should have to be fairly evaluated.

Just a downright silly assessment.

I would say to make a fair assessment 1500 attempts. What I mean if I were to say there's no chance at this QB becoming successful in the NFL I want to see 1500 NFL passes. That is when I will set my opinion in stone. Doesn't mean I couldn't be wrong just that is where I would feel comfortable saying there's nothing here lets move on. Now it isn't a hard number. It's not like at 1499 I am still on the fence. The more snaps the more I see and the more I can feel comfortable with my conclusion. I have less of a body of work to deduce what type of QB Rudolph could be than I do with Pickett. So, if I compare the two, I don't feel as confident making a determination on Rudolph.
Interesting.At first I thought you meant 1500 NFL snap counts. Then I reread and see that you say 1500 NFL pass attempts. For a “fair assessment....opinion in stone”

Great Scott Ford!! You would change the whole way all the NFL teams have assessed QB talent all these years!!

I am assuming in your way of thinking training camp,practices .......there’s no way that counts in actual NFL passes. 🤪. Means nothing. All these years. All those evaluations. Who would have thought it?

Actual NFL passes in game time. I suggest you go look up all the QB’s drafted in the first 4 rounds in the last 10 years. And see how many had 1500 NFL passing attempts. I started too and realized there were so many other QB’s not named Mason Rudolph that have been screwed by this absolutely ludicrous system that won’t give a QB drafted 1500 “NFL passing attempts “ Opinion in Stone” assessment of yours.

Player evaluation during practice? During preseason? Who needs it?
Mason has 384 attempts. 1116 to go.

If Mason would have signed with a different team in free agency challenging for a starting job as you told us he would,(in the first week of FA,i might add)he would be at least another 100 attempts closer to your goal.

Interesting.At first I thought you meant 1500 NFL snap counts. Then I reread and see that you say 1500 NFL pass attempts. For a “fair assessment....opinion in stone”

Great Scott Ford!! You would change the whole way all the NFL teams have assessed QB talent all these years!!

I am assuming in your way of thinking training camp,practices .......there’s no way that counts in actual NFL passes. 🤪. Means nothing. All these years. All those evaluations. Who would have thought it?
Well, am I privy to training camp, practices, film study, and all the in house coaching and assessments an NFL coach and front office has? The answer is no. So I have to assess on what I see on game day. And to be honest that means a HELLUVA lot more than practice. If anyone has actually played the sport knows there guys that look awesome in practice but then not so much on game day. Speed, intensity, the unknown all comes into factor on game day at a different level.
Actual NFL passes in game time. I suggest you go look up all the QB’s drafted in the first 4 rounds in the last 10 years. And see how many had 1500 NFL passing attempts. I started too and realized there were so many other QB’s not named Mason Rudolph that have been screwed by this absolutely ludicrous system that won’t give a QB drafted 1500 “NFL passing attempts “ Opinion in Stone” assessment of yours.
I suggest you look at all the starting QB's in the NFL and see how many are first round picks. Draft position equals opportunity. Also, where did I say Rudolph "got screwed?" I want to see that. I did say Rudolph never received a fair shot.
Player evaluation during practice? During preseason? Who needs it?
Mason has 384 attempts. 1116 to go.

If Mason would have signed with a different team in free agency challenging for a starting job as you told us he would,(in the first week of FA,i might add)he would be at least another 100 attempts closer to your goal.
Yes, his second year when he was younger than Pickett and had better stats than Pickett. He had 8 games started in 2019 with 10 games played. We have already determined this. Also, there's a total of 384 pass attempts worth of film which is roughly half a season of film. And Rudolph hasn't ever been a free agent so we don't know what his free agent value will be. I don't think him giving the Steelers a hometown discount helped his cause for 2023 and he would have been better off going into last year as a free agent. And I think if the Steelers were a respectable organization they would have just been honest and gave him an outright release after drafting Pickett. I think they gave him a false sense of there being an open competition which there obviously wasn't. I think when he refuses to answer about the competition and corrects himself when he separates his love for his teammates for his love of the organization in speaks volumes about what we have become. I don't think we will pull any players to this organization with false pretenses anytime soon because we are not transparent anymore. This started with the handling of James Harrison and has now become overtly obvious.

I said whaaaaaaat?

Free agency and draft pick is not a barometer of talent. Kurt Warner, Brock Purdy, Geno Smith and our own Joshua Dobbs are all testaments of that.

"And I think if the Steelers were a respectable organization they would have just been honest and gave him an outright release after drafting Pickett"

🤣 just crazy

this guy believes some wacky *** crap.

His agenda knows no limits