• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kirk Cousins

Well, am I privy to training camp, practices, film study, and all the in house coaching and assessments an NFL coach and front office has? The answer is no. So I have to assess on what I see on game day. And to be honest that means a HELLUVA lot more than practice. If anyone has actually played the sport knows there guys that look awesome in practice but then not so much on game day. Speed, intensity, the unknown all comes into factor on game day at a different level.

I suggest you look at all the starting QB's in the NFL and see how many are first round picks. Draft position equals opportunity. Also, where did I say Rudolph "got screwed?" I want to see that. I did say Rudolph never received a fair shot.

Yes, his second year when he was younger than Pickett and had better stats than Pickett. He had 8 games started in 2019 with 10 games played. We have already determined this. Also, there's a total of 384 pass attempts worth of film which is roughly half a season of film. And Rudolph hasn't ever been a free agent so we don't know what his free agent value will be. I don't think him giving the Steelers a hometown discount helped his cause for 2023 and he would have been better off going into last year as a free agent. And I think if the Steelers were a respectable organization they would have just been honest and gave him an outright release after drafting Pickett. I think they gave him a false sense of there being an open competition which there obviously wasn't. I think when he refuses to answer about the competition and corrects himself when he separates his love for his teammates for his love of the organization in speaks volumes about what we have become. I don't think we will pull any players to this organization with false pretenses anytime soon because we are not transparent anymore. This started with the handling of James Harrison and has now become overtly obvious.

I said whaaaaaaat?

Free agency and draft pick is not a barometer of talent. Kurt Warner, Brock Purdy, Geno Smith and our own Joshua Dobbs are all testaments of that.
You’ve never implied once in this forum that Mason Rudolph hasn’t been in my words “screwed” which we all know means given opportunity,in the way I put it.
You’ve never implied that once in the last 4 years? I mean c’mon man.
Seriously.

Your mention that I look up first round draft choices vs opportunity for later picks. Where oh where did I say anything to the contrary? You’d have to be a fool to not think first rounders don’t get more of a chance to prove themselves. Putting words in my mouth? I mean c’mon man.
Seriously.

From your URL and highlighted words down
.... I really have no idea what you are talking about. Or what it had to do with what I posted.

“ and Rudolph has never been a free agent”
Oh really?

C’mon man.
Seriously.

“ giving the Steelers a hometown discount in 2023”.

He gave them a discount? To be a third string backup? When no one else was signing him?
C’mon man.
Seriously.

Mason Rudolf is the Monkey on this team’s back. Everybody KNOWS we should be playing him and yet nothing. For that reason alone, both Coach Tomlin and OC O’Canada should be fired on the spot.

I just can’t believe this kind of BS actually happens.

Salute the nation

You’ve never implied once in this forum that Mason Rudolph hasn’t been in my words “screwed” which we all know means given opportunity,in the way I put it.
You’ve never implied that once in the last 4 years? I mean c’mon man.
Seriously.

Your mention that I look up first round draft choices vs opportunity for later picks. Where oh where did I say anything to the contrary? You’d have to be a fool to not think first rounders don’t get more of a chance to prove themselves. Putting words in my mouth? I mean c’mon man.
Seriously.

From your URL and highlighted words down
.... I really have no idea what you are talking about. Or what it had to do with what I posted.

“ and Rudolph has never been a free agent”
Oh really?

C’mon man.
Seriously.

“ giving the Steelers a hometown discount in 2023”.

He gave them a discount? To be a third string backup? When no one else was signing him?
C’mon man.
Seriously.
Seriously you have a learning disorder. I never said Mason got screwed. I have only said he never received a fair shot. Free agency is not a barometer of skill otherwise guys like Dobbs, Geno Smith, Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell, Trent Green, Jake Delhomme, etc would never have left there original teams.

Mason Rudolf is the Monkey on this team’s back. Everybody KNOWS we should be playing him and yet nothing. For that reason alone, both Coach Tomlin and OC O’Canada should be fired on the spot.

I just can’t believe this kind of BS actually happens.

Salute the nation
Nothing good happens if Rudolph plays. Even if he plays well and we start winning what do we do next year? We are riding the Pickett train whether that ends in a Super Bowl or we go off the tracks.

Seriously you have a learning disorder. I never said Mason got screwed. I have only said he never received a fair shot. Free agency is not a barometer of skill otherwise guys like Dobbs, Geno Smith, Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell, Trent Green, Jake Delhomme, etc would never have left there original teams.
This is this guys motto diss the poster he is debating with because they are either stupid, have a learning disability, etc.

Subsequently he gets mad when I call him patch and cries like a b!tch about it.

You can say it 100 times it doesn't make it true. Mason got a fair shake, regardless of whatever you pull out of your arse.

Nothing good happens if Rudolph plays. Even if he plays well and we start winning what do we do next year? We are riding the Pickett train whether that ends in a Super Bowl or we go off the tracks.

Sorry Ford, my post was complete SARCASM.

Rudy won’t be a starter unless injury dictates that.

Salute the nation

Salute the nation
Nor should he be. In preseason he earned his third string status.

Salute the nation
I know. I though am being serious. Nothing good happens if Rudolph ends up playing.

You must really think Rudy blows as a W would be a good happening.

And you have a reading disorder. I clearly stated that I said he got screwed. Maybe go back and look.

Kirk Cousins is now 1-4 throwing to the best receiver in the NFL. All the losses have been by one score.

62% 284 yards 2/0 without Jefferson for the second half. He should have thrown up the hail mary at the end but besides that played well. The Vikings line is by far worse then our and you take Jefferson out and their receivers are average at best.

62% 284 yards 2/0 without Jefferson for the second half. He should have thrown up the hail mary at the end but besides that played well. The Vikings line is by far worse then our and you take Jefferson out and their receivers are average at best.
Cousins is a good QB, but once again is showing why he isn't in the elite category because he doesn't elevate a team to wins. And yes, I'm absolutely spoiled watching Ben play well and find ways to win way more often than not.

I have a ton of respect for Kirk Cousins - after watching the Netflix documentary 'Quarterback' you can put me down as a fan of his. Comes across - to me - as just a great guy, selfless player and great family man/Dad.

That being said, I honestly believe you could bring in Tom Brady himself in his prime and it wouldn't matter if you continue with this same coaching staff.

Folks, the coaching staff is the problem. We will never get an honest assessment of our players capabilities until we upgrade our entire coaching staff.

I have a ton of respect for Kirk Cousins - after watching the Netflix documentary 'Quarterback' you can put me down as a fan of his. Comes across - to me - as just a great guy, selfless player and great family man/Dad.

That being said, I honestly believe you could bring in Tom Brady himself in his prime and it wouldn't matter if you continue with this same coaching staff.

Folks, the coaching staff is the problem. We will never get an honest assessment of our players capabilities until we upgrade our entire coaching staff.
True, as their conservative live in their fear approach is ok for .500 seasons, but it won't win you anything shiny outside of a participation trophy.

The game
The game I watched .....Cousin at times got to his 3rd or 4th read. Perhaps his 5th. His OL seemed holding up pretty nicely.