• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kirstjen Nielsen resigns

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think that Trump was ever all that enthused about her and since the rise of Stephen Miller, her future was predictable.

Nielsen was viewed as resistant to some of the harshest immigration measures supported by the president and his aides, particularly senior adviser Stephen Miller, both around the border and on other matters like protected status for some refugees. A senior administration official told Fox News Sunday that National Security Adviser John Bolton long felt that Nielsen was not the right person for the job and opposed her policy of using United Nations organizations to try to stem the flow of illegal migrants.

Trump forced her out. He wants someone who is tougher on illegal immigration.

Thought this would be the big story around here this morning. Can't blame her. Trump is a difficult person to work for I think. Seems he is kinda all over the place sometimes. It would be hard trying to do what the President wants, knowing the law allows none of it and that isn't going to change. Not soon anyway.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nielsen-resigns-dhs-secretary-after-white-house-meeting-with-trump

The problem is Trump says one thing and his cabinet tries to follow, but then Trump changes his mind and doesn't tell anyone till after the fact. Makes everyone look like idiots

Trump forced her out. He wants someone who is tougher on illegal immigration.

The law allows you to be only so tough. He can want all he likes, but until the laws are changed, no one is going to be able to deliver what he wants.

The law allows you to be only so tough. He can want all he likes, but until the laws are changed, no one is going to be able to deliver what he wants.

We have the laws. Obama chose not to enforce them and opened our border. Now the problem is stopping the flood of illegals.

Like Indy said, the laws are there. Why do you think they are called illegals? Simply enforcing current immigration laws would fix everything. Trump should host a news conference where he reminds everyone what our current laws are and why we have them before offering some new laws. This would also be a good time to remind everyone why the laws have been ignored. This is what you get when the populace depends on the media for facts and truth.

Like Indy said, the laws are there. Why do you think they are called illegals? Simply enforcing current immigration laws would fix everything. Trump should host a news conference where he reminds everyone what our current laws are and why we have them before offering some new laws. This would also be a good time to remind everyone why the laws have been ignored. This is what you get when the populace depends on the media for facts and truth.

This is a great idea, but i don't think Trump knows the laws honestly... He should get someone who does to recite them...

This is a great idea, but i don't think Trump knows the laws honestly... He should get someone who does to recite them...

Show us on the doll where Trump hurt you.

iu

She was the Jeff Sessions of DHS. He needs someone that understands the laws and how to use them to their advantage. She wasn't doing anything a broom couldn't do.

I love the "Trump doesn't know the laws" assumptions. Too bad he's not as informed as obummer. Media sheep.

Knowing the laws and enforcing them sounds great, until a few thousand ******** grab some stray kids and claim asylum. Then, the kid is held for 20 days and released to the interior of the country with his “parents.” Also, catch and release is still the law of the land. That needs to change. I blame this mess on congressional Republicans. They had two years to fix this garbage but were too busy never Trumping and being useless to accomplish anything worthwhile.

She was good, but things have changed, and I think both of them realized that she was not going to be able to carry out a more aggressive policy. She supported Trump and has never said anything bad, but even Trump didn’t realize that he was going to have to be more aggressive to carry out a common sense policy (which has consistently been blocked by the Dems and the courts).

I think Trump is declaring war on the open borders globalists, Dems in Congress didn’t like her because in their opinion she was too hard on the poor immigrants.They thought she was bad? Wait until her high-heels are replaced by steel-toed boots!

"We’re going in a tougher direction, we want to go in a tougher direction."

meanwhile, Bernie backs Trump!

hahahahah, that's gonna leave a mark

BERNIE SANDERS SAYS U.S. CAN'T HAVE 'OPEN BORDERS'

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Sunday shot back at those who suggest he supports open borders, saying high levels of global poverty would make an open borders policy complicated.

When asked at an Oskaloosa, Iowa, town hall why he supported open borders, the 2020 White House candidate was quick to clarify his stance.

“I’m afraid you may be getting your information wrong," Sanders replied, according to The Washington Post. "I think what we need is comprehensive immigration reform.”

“Oh my god, there’s a lot of poverty in this world, and you’re going to have people from all over the world. And I don’t think that’s something that we can do at this point. Can’t do it,” the Vermont lawmaker continued.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...borders-theres-a-lot-of-poverty-in-this-world

Knowing the laws and enforcing them sounds great, until a few thousand ******** grab some stray kids and claim asylum. Then, the kid is held for 20 days and released to the interior of the country with his “parents.” Also, catch and release is still the law of the land. That needs to change. I blame this mess on congressional Republicans. They had two years to fix this garbage but were too busy never Trumping and being useless to accomplish anything worthwhile.

Congress needs to just stop the partisan bickering and actually do something about catch and release & visa overstays, but I don't know if they need additional/adjusted laws to actually effectively secure the border, do they? Maybe just much more communication & cooperation between local, state & federal government, more facilities, agents & judges allocated to the real problem areas & really focus on the best use of technology. I heard technology was Nielsen's forte, and she was strapped with probably one of the toughest jobs inside the executive branch of government & has always handled everything with class as far I could see.

I don't see a particularly happy ending to this one.

Congress needs to just stop the partisan bickering and actually do something about catch and release & visa overstays, but I don't know if they need additional/adjusted laws to actually effectively secure the border, do they? Maybe just much more communication & cooperation between local, state & federal government, more facilities, agents & judges allocated to the real problem areas & really focus on the best use of technology. I heard technology was Nielsen's forte, and she was strapped with probably one of the toughest jobs inside the executive branch of government & has always handled everything with class as far I could see.

I don't see a particularly happy ending to this one.

Are you paying attention to the part where if Trump does something, anything, the Dems will oppose? Vice versa, because they have become so far apart, I think the bridge is too long. If Trump re-elects, and the Reps regain the house, things will change. Other than that, clown car politics.

Are you paying attention to the part where if Trump does something, anything, the Dems will oppose? Vice versa, because they have become so far apart, I think the bridge is too long. If Trump re-elects, and the Reps regain the house, things will change. Other than that, clown car politics.

Yeah, I'm paying a little attention. Probably not as much as I should. So the Republican-controlled Congress in 20-whatever (that he already had for 2 years) are going to magically change things? How's that going to happen?

I'm really not trying to be a dick, I'm just honestly sick of this partisan political bullshit and just want to see a solution to this very serious problem.

Yeah, I'm paying a little attention. Probably not as much as I should. So the Republican-controlled Congress in 20-whatever (that he already had for 2 years) are going to magically change things? How's that going to happen?

I'm really not trying to be a dick, I'm just honestly sick of this partisan political bullshit and just want to see a solution to this very serious problem.

If the House goes red in 2020, then it will mostly be MAGA types elected. You also have had many never Trump Reps flip to his side, like Lindsey Graham, who see that his message resonates. I just think that Trump's policies are beginning to appeal to most center left/right Americans. The Dems, with their open border, late term abortions, reparations policies are going to backfire. At least that is what I see moving forward. Otherwise, we have lost the country.

If the House goes red in 2020, then it will mostly be MAGA types elected. You also have had many never Trump Reps flip to his side, like Lindsey Graham, who see that his message resonates. I just think that Trump's policies are beginning to appeal to most center left/right Americans. The Dems, with their open border, late term abortions, reparations policies are going to backfire. At least that is what I see moving forward. Otherwise, we have lost the country.

There were 40 house reps. that "retired" and didn't seek re-election last year. Most of them were never Trumpers. The only ones that are going to get elected in 2020 are Trump people IMHO.

I'm just honestly sick of this partisan political bullshit and just want to see a solution to this very serious problem.

I think a big piece of the electorate sick of this 'partisan political bullshit'. Ones on the dims side of the isle are flocking right. Ones on the R side are flocking toward the Donald. I think that with the exception of the left and their dim followers, most of America are sick of politics in general. POLITICS - not their vested interest in the well being of the Republic going forward.

Among the reasons that the Donald 'resonates' is because he isn't left or right, per se. Politically he took the center, pushing the dims left. He owns the center, making him more attractive to more voters. And he tends to operate from resolving issues rather than talking about issues.

Trump is NOT a Republican. He ran as a Republican. He's a patriot with enemies in both parties for that reason. That is among the reasons that his loyalists can't be shaken - they recognize who he is and what he is doing. He literally put everything - lifestyle, wealth, family on the line for this Republic. He's all in. The rest are but hollow rhetoric, emphasis on 'hollow'. Trump carries that mantle fearlessly.

The reasons the polls so consistently wrong are several - they sample in metro areas which are blue. They oversample dims. And the registered R base is much lower than the electorate that actually vote R. I haven't been registered R for decades. Yet I have voted in 12 Presidential elections and every midterm - all R. I suspect that there are millions more that don't necessarily vote R for the candidate, but vote against the dims. To date I haven't been compelled to vote for the R except for two exceptions - Dutch and the Donald. And BTW, there isn't a thing a dim could say or do that would get my vote.

Our immigration system is ****** and there is a core group of congressman (mostly democrats) that like it that way so there is no reason for them to negotiate on reform.

Again, the only way the immigration issue gets resolved is if the courts quit legislating from the bench. There is no reason for congress to act if Trump can't rescind DACA or the executive branch can't execute current immigration law because of child separation and "asylum" loopholes. The democrats are sold the current status quo is making Trump and the Republicans look cruel. And Trump is confident the chaos at the border is solidifying his base to vote for him again. There is no reconciliation on this in site UNTIL the Supreme Court rules on DACA in favor of the administration and Trump puts a 3-month time limit on DACA ended. Then and only then will the democrats come to the table to clarify and re-write some of the most broken parts of our laws in exchange for DACA clemency and path to citizenship for the 1.7 million people Obama promised.

Nothing is going to happen before then.

I actually think the Democrats know the system is broken as well but won't do anything until they get a Democrat in the White House (which will happen in their mind in 2021).

Again, the only way the immigration issue gets resolved is if the courts quit legislating from the bench. There is no reason for congress to act if Trump can't rescind DACA or the executive branch can't execute current immigration law because of child separation and "asylum" loopholes. The democrats are sold the current status quo is making Trump and the Republicans look cruel.

U.S. Constitution - Article 4 Section 4

Article 4 - The States
Section 4 - Republican Government

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

Green light. Trump can take ANY action necessary to secure the border and the neighboring states. He can take any amount of money from the defense budget to do anything he elects to do WITHOUT asking anyone's 'permission', or answering to anyone after the fact. Trump and his people know all this. They're giving all involved, including 'the Mexican countries' all the rope they need to hang themselves. This ugly process is exposing all the traitors and bad actors for what they are. They're absolutely drunk on their hubris and self importance. dims can caterwaul. pose, preen, and further humiliate themselves all they want. When the time is right and enough of the population has been sufficiently frustrated by this @#$% show, they will act, and act decisively.

Several years ago the R majority twice offered the dims some form of amnesty in exchange for the wall. They refused. They're on record having refused amnesty. Twice. Trump has $8.6B lying around in his sofa to build something. In fact, the fence is being erected. That's a placeholder. This will happen in the second term. They all know it.

If the House goes red in 2020, then it will mostly be MAGA types elected. You also have had many never Trump Reps flip to his side, like Lindsey Graham, who see that his message resonates. I just think that Trump's policies are beginning to appeal to most center left/right Americans. The Dems, with their open border, late term abortions, reparations policies are going to backfire.

Last edited: