• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kudos to the Meat Grinder known as the Presidential Election

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been one who criticizes the demanding, destructive process known as the Presidential election process, but I am re-thinking my position. Here's why.

The process forces the candidates to face their flaws, and either improve or face the consequences. For Trump, it is his narcissism, his tendency to get into twitter battles over the irrelevant, his hesitancy to follow advice (unless the advice confirms what he thinks), his boorish behavior, and his propensity for outlandish statements. He has been charred this election cycle for such behavior, and from a number of factors, I think he has learned from his mistakes and will be less likely to engage in such errors if he becomes President. He is not going to get into personal battles over some comment he made 15 years ago, for example.

For Clinton, her flaws have been a ceaseless self-interest, an unending desire for money, use of government to profit, a paranoia about her political opponents, and a clear tendency to skirt the law if she thinks it benefits her. I have to believe she has been brutalized enough about her mistakes to learn the lesson, and will not play fast-and-loose with access to the office of Presidency for a fee, and will not engage in an endless war with her political opponents.

In either case, the brutal campaign has made both candidates likely better Presidents.

I doubt either would be a good President...hillary would be an out right disaster

all the speeches I hear her give still focus on how bad Trump is, while the last ones I've seen from Trump have largely ignored her and dealt with what needs to be done for this country....

Gary Johnson doesn't give a **** any more.

Stronger together

All Aboard: Ted Cruz Officially Joins the Trump Train

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has officially joined the Donald Trump campaign and has already hit the trail with Gov. Mike Pence in Iowa and Michigan.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/justin...ruz-officially-joins-the-trump-train-n2241246

What a ******* douchebag...

I hate that guy more than I hate Michael Vick.

The MINUTE the race looks one iota positive for Trump and MAYBE Trump has a chance to win, he comes running like a whiny ***** to get on the Trump Train.

**** him. I would have voted for Hillary Clinton over him and I would in 2020 too.