• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Labor Shortage is USA's Biggest Economic problem

Technology is replacing many unskilled jobs. Lots of farm jobs are now dome by machines. Fast food workers are close to being replaced by ordering kiosks.

So why do we need a flood of unskilled labor to fill jobs that are becoming obsolete? A skeptic might say libs just want to import large numbers of people who will be unemployed and dependent on government.

Making sure the 1% and corporations actually pay taxes instead of housing money offshore, would be an incredible step to reduce the deficit. We're paying Apple's taxes, because they are paying ZERO. THAT is the problem.

Well that, and the fact that our country can't print its own currency...
Of the last several presidential regimes, which ones encouraged, through tax policy, American companies to keep income offshore?
Which one has policies to re-patriate those earnings?
Is there more work to be done in this area?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

https://www.valuewalk.com/2018/04/the-us-labor-shortage-that-will-only-get-worse/

I predicted it two years ago and it is starting to set in. Boomers are retiring at a rapid rate, which leaves the jobs open that they retire from and
large amounts or retirements also cause a need for medical workers to supply the retirement lifestyle.

So unskilled labor flowing across our southern boarder is the answer? Are they suddenly going to become physicians, nurses, pharmacists, phlebotomists?

So unskilled labor flowing across our southern boarder is the answer? Are they suddenly going to become physicians, nurses, pharmacists, phlebotomists?

Maybe I can hire a chemical engineer who snuck in from El Salvador. I’ll put some feelers out.

Get it right Elfie...they're rapists.

giphy.gif

Not overnight. First we have to give them preferred admission to colleges ahead of more qualified students, then give them special financial aid, then have their grades adjusted up because it would be racist not to.