• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Less than two weeks———————-

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Down the home stretch boys & girls & however you identify.

Training camp coming up.

One of the main battles I can see will be where Dan Moore ends up. I hope he is kept for depth, but also on the bench.

Broderick Jones needs to prove himself worthy of a LT start. This has been assumed by many, but he needs to prove it
and not be a lazy LT start.

WR has a battle position happening as well, who what where & when, will the “step up” receiver be?

I’m looking forward to action out of camp, may the best team emerge, along with OC that is strong.!

Anything in particular YOU are looking forward to seeing and sick and tired of waiting for?

I keep busy on my little place of paradise, always something happening, Eases the time waiting.

Salute the nation

gracious, I dunno if there is any one thing because there is so much in this camp to watch. How the o-line comes together is the most important item to resolve in camp - we can't be shuffling it for the first half the season. I am interested in seeing how both Wilson and Fields perform and how CB shakes out. How Cam H. does after the offseason to recoup from last year's injuries is another - erob and hulc as well. WR2 of course. All things to watch, but if I was really gonna pick one thing that excites me the most (aside from just having football back) is seeing how P. Wilson grows into the NFL. The kid has a chance to be dynamite. I won't name him the next great LB in Steelers history, but I think he has a great chance to make some real noise. For the first time in a while, I am excited to see what our ILB's bring to the table. Shame I can't make camp this year, because I would plant myself as close to the LB drills as I could with Oline a close second.

Heh...I don't know. Health is the main thing, as was stated above. But I fell into it last year how good they looked in preseason. I know better, it's just preseason, but they got me. And then pfft.

I am a pretty positive guy, but I'll wait to pass any judgement until the real games start.

I am hoping the OL really comes together. I'd love to see them smash some people again.

I identify as he and him, Mr., you there, and hey a$$hole. Any of the mentioned works.😁

I think the team is still short a WR and a CB. Not that it is impossible to shore those positions up with what they have. I just think it is to a degree improbable…

QB
-Battle or no battle, this will be a fun aspect to watch. Wilson was a legit great QB for most of his career, what does he have left? Fields has the "wow" factor, but can he finally put it all together?

WRs
-This team is loaded with No. 4-5 type receivers. Will anyone step up and lock down the 2/3 role?

OL
-Will Frazier have any real competition?
-How will the tackle situation play out? There's been talk Moore can't play the right side. If so, is it a battle between Jones/Moore at left? Does the loser start at right or do they do two battles? In terms of building the OL, that is a lot of moving pieces if there are two battles involving three players.

ILBs
-I wish Holcombe was healthy because this unit would be absolutely stacked. Queen/Roberts should be a good starting due. I am looking forward to seeing how they integrate Wilson, if at all, into the mix early on.

I identify as he and him, Mr., you there, and hey a$$hole. Any of the mentioned works.😁

I think the team is still short a WR and a CB. Not that it is impossible to shore those positions up with what they have. I just think it is to a degree improbable…

I wasn’t asking how you identified, I was just addressing you as identified. I too, am identified as hey you…… AsZhole..!!!

Definitely WR & CB are battles. My biggest watch is the OL, because without them, we are a little lost.

For those of you who don’t remember, Moore was better at LT than Chuks, he was also better at right tackle than Chuks, Moore got LT because Chuks would have been an even bigger hole at LT Than he was at RT.

Salute the nation

I think the only real OL position battle is @ RT. Frazier starts @ C. Jones is the starter @ LT

I believe that the #2 WR position is going to be handled by the #1 TE

I wouldn’t be opposed to the rookie #4 QB, or even Fields being played in a limited “Slash” role

I want to see what Fields can do. Would love a true open and fair competition with the qb group.

I think the only real OL position battle is @ RT. Frazier starts @ C. Jones is the starter @ LT

I wouldn’t be opposed to the rookie #4 QB, or even Fields being played in a limited “Slash” role
Not sure they will start two rookies on the Oline. That will be an interesting training camp watch. I agree that Broderick will have no competition on the L.

I’d get Fields on the field one way or another

If he can’t beat Russ give him something to focus on and work towards each week
-a goal line/short yardage package
-try him in a 2 back set in a Deebo style role with a pass option if the ball is funneled through him

At any rate if he’s not our best QB he’ll definitely be one of our 5 most explosive ball handlers and needs some touches worked in every week

Training camp coming up.

One of the main battles I can see will be where Dan Moore ends up. I hope he is kept for depth, but also on the bench.

Broderick Jones needs to prove himself worthy of a LT start. This has been assumed by many, but he needs to prove it

WR has a battle position happening as well, who what where & when, will the “step up” receiver be?

I’m looking forward to action out of camp, may the best team emerge, along with OC that is strong.!

Anything in particular YOU are looking forward to seeing and sick and tired of waiting for?

I keep busy on my little place of paradise, always something happening, Eases the time waiting.

Salute the nation
I’m waiting on you to go to Costco and get their delicious turkey bacon!!!!

The sooner they all start the sooner they get better.

They need the three (2-rooks, & Jones) at the starting respective positions from day one. Non e of this cross dressing positions, give them full training camp / pre-season, to help them be more ready.

Some will say, how are they going to know if they are the best without a competition………. My answer to that is all the mini-drills, 7 shots, Friday nigh scrimmage, all kinds of ways but it will be clear near the beginning and that’s critical in getting them comfortable in said position.

If memory holds, Dan Moore was playing RT switching to left, then back to right (mostly right) all the way up to even the last pre-season game he played full game at RT. Come time to name starters, they named him starting LT, then wondered why it took longer to get comfortable there.

Position flexibility is one thing, but all players should be full bonafide EXPERTS at their respective positions first.

Salute the nation

I don’t have access to a Costco, unless I’m visiting my daughter / grandson / son-in-law, in Tucson AZ.

I do have a Sam’s Club membership, so in your honor, I’ll be shopping the BACON section next trip…….

Berm———Thanks for all you do here, great post(s) and ability to laugh While doing so.!

Salute the nation

turkey-caption-bacon-8772327936

Andy weidel put the OL together in Philly. Did a good job. I expect the same here. If OL fails it's tomlins fault!

Yea, which #4 or 5 wr will start playing like a #2? I predict...none.

I would like P. Wilson to get lots of opportunities.

Training camp coming up.

Salute the nation
Can’t get here soon enough Drink. Need a break from the regular world news cycle.

Really want to see both Wilson rookies, as they look like impact 1st year players beside Fautanu. Also looking at Muth being used like a #2. Arthur Smith’s TE in ATL were #2 and 3 in catches in his offense. Muth has the ability if he stays healthy.

Can’t get here soon enough Drink. Need a break from the regular world news cycle.

Really want to see both Wilson rookies, as they look like impact 1st year players beside Fautanu. Also looking at Muth being used like a #2. Arthur Smith’s TE in ATL were #2 and 3 in catches in his offense. Muth has the ability if he stays healthy.

I’m with yaz Ike, sooner the better…..

I’m excited about the Wilson’s too, but the trench workers are my biggest hope for success.

As many years as the trenches have been ignored, it’s a shining light to see quality progress taken. Players drafted for the actual position intended to be used at.

We all have our eyes on the OL, but lets not forget Benton / Leal / Loudermilk all are reaching maturity in the system.

It’s an exciting time of the season, all teams are 0-0 currently with all dreams possible.!!!!

Salute the nation