• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lets get ready to moooooooooooock

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
you know the rules by now

15. Kenyon Green, IOL/OT - Texas A&M - 6'4", 325
47. Carson Strong, QB - Nevada - 6'4", 215
79. Coby Bryant, CB - Cincinnati - 6'1", 198

Mocked:
15. Jordan Davis, DL - Georgia - 6'6", 340
47. Josh Jobe, CB - Alabama - 6'1", 189
82. Alec Lindstrom, OL - Boston College - 6'4", 290

Cooched:
Trade all my draft picks to #1, then select:
15. Aiden Hutcherson
47. Derick Stingerestly
82. Matt Corralle

As much of a beast that Davis is, I can't see taking him in the first. I think it was from your recommendation, I watched him pretty close in the Alabama game. He only plays 2 or 3 downs and then looks to come off for a handful of downs. He's off the field more than he is on. That just won't work in the NFL. If he were there in the 2nd, I might take him but not with 1.15. You need someone who is going to start and play 3 downs. It will take Davis at least a couple of years until he might be capable of playing anything close to that. Even big guys like him need to have some stamina. I do like the thought of having a guy like him though but he needs to be in much better shape than he is. I just don't know if you can use the 15th pick on basically a project for 2 or 3 years.

As much of a beast that Davis is, I can't see taking him in the first. I think it was from your recommendation, I watched him pretty close in the Alabama game. He only plays 2 or 3 downs and then looks to come off for a handful of downs. He's off the field more than he is on. That just won't work in the NFL. If he were there in the 2nd, I might take him but not with 1.15. You need someone who is going to start and play 3 downs. It will take Davis at least a couple of years until he might be capable of playing anything close to that. Even big guys like him need to have some stamina. I do like the thought of having a guy like him though but he needs to be in much better shape than he is. I just don't know if you can use the 15th pick on basically a project for 2 or 3 years.
good point. though i'd believe that he could get into NFL game shape. of course he'll have that rookie season where he gets slammed and figures it out. but its not like the guy is a fat slob with lazy work ethic. He's proven to be damn good at setting and reaching goals, per his bio.

as well, who would his main comp be - Montravious Adams. With Heyward getting long in the tooth, we really need to look at our DL.

no way I waste a pick on QB this year especially a second rounder. my first three picks are oline, DB and LB. for the next three picks see my first three picks. I try to get Ben to stick for one more year if not I roll with rudy and take my lumps hope for the best. 2023 I sell the farm for bryce young. and I don't care if we have to give up two years worth of first and seconds to get this kid. he is must see TV.

1.15-Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M
-Best available OL prospect. Would add much-needed size, power, and pedigree. I'd also strongly consider Ahmad Gardner or Kaiir Elam, but I did this mock under the assumption the Steelers sign a cornerback.

2.47-Brandon Smith, LB, Penn State
After an underwhelming season from Bush and Schobert not filling the need, I go to LB U. to get a linebacker. Penn State LBs ball out in the NFL. I would consider Carson Strong, I just need to learn more about his NFL potential.

3.79-Travis Jones, IDL, UConn
We need a space eater in the middle of the defense. At 6'5" and over 330 lbs, he fits the bill. The Senior Bowl will be a good barometer for his skill level.

I don't know anything much about the class. I usually watch here listen to the talking heads and choose a horse on the first choice. I've been right a lot lately. If they feel a qb is a good first round bet I'm good with it. ( A solid starter that can win with a team around him. Franchise gets thrown around a lot. ) That said QB in any round other than one is a wasted pick. They already have that guy.

I get Greens attraction it is just the Steelers will be drafting higher than the norm and I think you can find a damn good G in 2 if so desired. Linderbaum would be a serious consideration if there. Not 100 percent sold on our conversion project. So switching my value course let me ponder.. Ojabo and Williams both are pretty damn attractive and lower than they belong. Steelers could use a burner and a damn good pass rushing LBer is a hard pass up. Williams to me is just an electric player. He would get my round 1 nod.

Last edited:
OL and DT are very strong candidates for Rd. 1 but...

If it were me, I'm adding a #1 WR who can take the top of the coverage and is a younger version of Julio Jones in:

1. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama; if he's gone Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia is my backup pick.
2. Definitely not wasting a pick on a QB in Rd. 2. Bye, bye Chuks - Sean Rhyan, OT, UCLA
3. Sticking w/ the OL here. John Michael Schmitz, IOL, Minnesota

If it were me, I'm adding a #1 WR who can take the top of the coverage and is a younger version of Julio Jones in:

1. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama; if he's gone Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia is my backup pick.
2. Definitely not wasting a pick on a QB in Rd. 2. Bye, bye Chuks - Sean Rhyan, OT, UCLA
Had a feeling you would like Williams. This is one of the most explosive WRs in the draft I fully expect him off the board by the Steelers pick.

Kyler Gordon CB out of Washington gets my second round nod. This kids ceiling is high. Just a very athletic kid who is just scratching the surface of his potential.

Had a feeling you would like Williams. This is one of the most explosive WRs in the draft I fully expect him off the board by the Steelers pick.

Can't argue with either of these.

Salute the nation

Travis Jones NT out of UConn gets my 3rd round nod. He has the size, production and want to. A under the radar pick somewhat but he actually just isn't a big ugly for the run, he has some pass rush potential too.

OL
CB
DL
After that... whatever gives you depth. Best Available Player (not athlete. **** the athletes. Get me the best player at any position of need for the remaining picks.)

I'm with Warrior in that I absolutely do NOT waste any money or high round picks on a QB. Ride with Mason and that guy the Redskins dumped and focus on getting yourself either a franchise QB or at least a very good QB when the talent is there in the future.

EDIT

And honestly, if there were 2 stud O-Linemen in the 1st three rounds that could significantly upgrade the talent at line, I may forego the DL need and just start getting the team back to having a competent offensive line. Even a mediocre QB like Mason could get to .500 with a really good line.

And let's be honest. Does Tomlin actually have any real shot at doing much more than .500 regardless of how the draft plays out? Honestly?

I trade every draft pick we have for 4 years to GB and get Rogers. he is only 38

I trade every draft pick we have for 4 years to GB and get Rogers. he is only 38
I'm gonna take a really big pass on that. Watch what happens to the Packers and they have a far better roster than the Steelers.

I'm gonna take a really big pass on that. Watch what happens to the Packers and they have a far better roster than the Steelers.
But he is only 38.4 years worth of draft picks is worth it.

Tomlin Could have Brady in his prime and wouldn't win a SB. And I don't think Roger's will win another one either. I'm not giving up at least 3brally good players for that.

Tomlin Could have Brady in his prime and wouldn't win a SB. And I don't think Roger's will win another one either. I'm not giving up at least 3brally good players for that.
I look it as the best chance to win despite the obvious handcuffs. I also would love to watch elite QB play VS suck. I do shift towards you with what draft picks it would cost. It would have to be reasonable. Unless he has an opt out and takes it. Then it is just a money thing.

I look it as the best chance to win despite the obvious handcuffs. I also would love to watch elite QB play VS suck. I do shift towards you with what draft picks it would cost. It would have to be reasonable. Unless he has an opt out and takes it. Then it is just a money thing.
I'm very done with mortgaging the future betting on Tomlin. To me the better hope would be to lay down the foundation of a good team with strong oline and dline players suck for a couple of years till Tomlin is gone and then someone else has something to work with.

This team has SO many holes, that it's going to be incredibly hard to mock until after FA is compelted.
At least we have some $$$ to actually bring in decent guys. I sure hope we don't stock the pantry with
10 low level guys instead of 3 great ones to fill needs.

Right now, I'm looking squarely at Lindenbaum to fix the OC position. Move Green to RG and see if he can make it there.
CB will be very high on the list as well.

This team has SO many holes, that it's going to be incredibly hard to mock until after FA is compelted.
At least we have some $$$ to actually bring in decent guys. I sure hope we don't stock the pantry with
10 low level guys instead of 3 great ones to fill needs.

Right now, I'm looking squarely at Lindenbaum to fix the OC position. Move Green to RG and see if he can make it there.
CB will be very high on the list as well.
Yeah Linden or a free agent C would be ideal.
I'm very done with mortgaging the future betting on Tomlin. To me the better hope would be to lay down the foundation of a good team with strong oline and dline players suck for a couple of years till Tomlin is gone and then someone else has something to work with.
Thing is this organization doesn't rid itself of HC's easily. You could very well be waiting a long long long time for Tomlin to exit. Like a revamped lines then revamp them again time line frame. Unfortunately that is where we are at.

Yeah Linden or a free agent C would be ideal.

Thing is this organization doesn't rid itself of HC's easily. You could very well be waiting a long long long time for Tomlin to exit. Like a revamped lines then revamp them again time line frame. Unfortunately that is where we are at.
Well quite clearly they are not ridding themselves of Tomlin easily. My hope is he wouldn't survive the rebuild which I cannot possibly see how anyone could not understand is necessary. My fear is it will be another window dress revamp as opposed to taking it down to the studs where it needs to go. Yes I do like to be entertained on Sundays with a competitive team, but would be more than willing to wait two more full seasons for something real built with young talented players who could be here for 7 years as opposed to rehashed **** to win 9 or 10 games. If I truly believed Pickett was my guy (and they should have the inside scoop on that) I pull that trigger..other than that I take big uglies on the oline or interior Dline. I sign my key own players and I spice it up with good quality FAs. If you had a Cadillac offensive line with Najee behind it the loss of Ben would have far less impact.