• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let’s really appreciate the Stupidity of Gunner’s Kickoff gaff…

I wanted him gone after he muffed the punt vs the pats****** last year. And yet,he's still here.

Let me restate my original stance for cutting him last year with some updated stats

Gunner is in his fifth year now. He has 74 career punt returns, 40 career Kickoff returns, 15 receptions and 14 rushing attempts. That is 143 touches in his career… in those 143 touches, he has scored 2 tds… but he has now fumbled 8 times…
Lets put that into perspective… people bitched that JuJu fumbled too much… he is in his 7th season and also has 8 fumbles…but he has 423 touches over those 7 years…

Gunner fumbles once per 17 touches…. It’s absurd
I wonder if our great head coach has this information.

It was quite possibly the dumbest play I have ever seen live. A high school rookie knows better than to do that.
I've seen worse. Go to the 3:00 minute mark

@mightyguru, I was in Daytona Beach at this time but I want to say I watched it at my apartment and not the Oyster Pub. Do you remember this game?

I’m guessing he thought the ball was going to land inbounds and then it was too late and he had too much momentum when he fielded it.
And then triple toe tapped before going out-of-bounds. Go figure.

@mightyguru, I was in Daytona Beach at this time but I want to say I watched it at my apartment and not the Oyster Pub. Do you remember this game?

yeah I remember that Barry Barry Barry

Reactions: JMM
then he could have stood with one foot out of bounds and caught the ball

I have seen that exact thing from other players and,……. It works !!!

Where is Bubbles bubbles, bubbles everywhere……………………

EXCEPT

Obviously in the ST’s coaching room. Bubbles has to take some heat for this too. The special teams have had gaffs of coaching degree in the past and this one also belongs, at least a portion, to the ST coach.

Bubbles and gunner skipidy do dA, skippity Yeah, out the door what beautiful day.

Salute the nation

Unfortunately. I watched in horror at the Pub.

I remember this game well, especially this play.

Thanks JMM for the video and memory.

Salute the nation

Reactions: JMM
Don't dress him promote Jacob Copeland and consider miller back and between Austin and i would try in practice Warren on returns along with Copland and Fitzpatrick a udfa they signed.
Gunner brings nothing, if need another receiver in 4 5 wide sets Heyward, Washington Warren/harris offer more

The fact that didn’t cost us points I am still astonished. He should go buy JPJ dinner for saving his bum ***. If he’s on the team next week I will be pissed.

Very very rarely am i not super supportive of a Steelers player… and Gunner is one of the few I really have not been… I didn’t understand his signing in the first place… I didn’t like them trying to make him a wr, and I really didn’t like him getting so many chances after repeatedly failing to perform and making so many splash bonehead plays.,..

That fumble was caused by a side hit from his own man, Heyward. Save your vitriol for the Coaches.
How does that really excuse it? … he has horrible ball control… yeah he took an odd hit.. those come from all over on special teams returns… you don’t see other guys fumbling this much…

I can't believe he's still on the roster and getting on the field.

That was the 28th time he touched the ball for us… thats his 4th fumble, all in critical situations… plus that boneheaded play toe tapping the kickoff return and a bad route that led to a pick.. i mean he is basically fumbling at a 15% rate and making bad plays when he isn’t fumbling