• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let’s really appreciate the Stupidity of Gunner’s Kickoff gaff…

How does that really excuse it? … he has horrible ball control… yeah he took an odd hit.. those come from all over on special teams returns… you don’t see other guys fumbling this much…
The football is bigger than Gunner. The guy cannot hold onto a ball that’s bigger than him

The football is bigger than Gunner. The guy cannot hold onto a ball that’s bigger than him
He hasn't shown dependable. Doesn't even matter if that fumble wasn't his fault. He has suspect hands and for that reason alone he shouldn't be on STs.

What I'm hearing from back here in the cheap seats is that Gunner sucks.

release him in the bye, and trade for a WR maybe a decent vet like Sterling Shepard, I doubt the Texans would give up Woods who for a young QB has been very key, I see the same way Shepard could help with on 3rd and 6 simple over the middle hooks and comebacks, seeing we cant Rely on Austin to always be available.

Has he been cut yet? I wouldn't wait a minute longer. Give someone else a shot during the bye week and with DJ probably coming back.

I was surprised he was returning kicks again. I know Austin went out briefly but came right back in the game. Maybe they were protecting him from returning kicks but allowing him to still play WR for some reason. He is our best punt returner by a mile.

How does that really excuse it? … he has horrible ball control… yeah he took an odd hit.. those come from all over on special teams returns… you don’t see other guys fumbling this much…

You dont see other guys getting hit by his own guy from his blind view either..

I get the hate for Gunner but I give him a break in this game. Watching replay of game Heyword basically blind sides the Gunner on the fumble. I think Pat P should be gone as well if Gunner is the bad guy.

We picked up Denzel Mims recently… he was a guy a lot of people wanted targeted for a trade last year… but he got traded to Detroit instead…

The early reports were really good in camp for them but right before the preseason he got injured then when he came back he got a longer term injury so they decided to cut bait because it saved them a draft pick if he didn’t make the roster…

If he works out he could be really good…

You dont see other guys getting hit by his own guy from his blind view either..

But is there really a difference between being blindsided by an opponent or a teammate? Blindsided is blindsided either way.

Awareness and proper ball security always neutralizes a blindside hit, no matter where or who it comes from.

Last edited:
We picked up Denzel Mims recently… he was a guy a lot of people wanted targeted for a trade last year… but he got traded to Detroit instead…

The early reports were really good in camp for them but right before the preseason he got injured then when he came back he got a longer term injury so they decided to cut bait because it saved them a draft pick if he didn’t make the roster…

If he works out he could be really good…
He's still recovering from an injury so who knows when he might finally practice with the team and learn any of the playbook. Even for returning kicks, he needs to be 100%. Hopefully, he is close and that's why they picked him up but they've done this already this year only to cut the player a week or two later.