• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

LeVeon Bell doesn't want to play for JETS.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...y-for-them/ar-BBIAlwH?li=BBnba9I&ocid=U452DHP

Le’Veon Bell trolls Jets, clearly does not want to play for them

Rumors surrounding Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell are heating up, and it’s possible that he’ll be playing for another team in 2018.

Bell played in 2017 on the franchise tag, which is why it’s possible that the team could look to spend its money elsewhere, resulting in him hitting the free-agent market.

If that does happen, Bell apparently hopes the Jets don’t come calling. Check out what he had to say about the subject when asked by a fan on Twitter.

Erich Sternkopf
@ErichSternkopf
@L_Bell26 I speak on behalf of the New York Jets, well give you $60 million in cash if you come play for us

2:07 PM - Feb 1, 2018 · Tuscaloosa, AL
39 39 Replies 16 16 Retweets 127 127 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Le'Veon Bell

@L_Bell26
🙄 that ain’t enough to come run with the Jets... https://twitter.com/erichsternkopf/status/959141288430981123

2:36 PM - Feb 1, 2018

71mill, 45 GAURANTEED 3yr on a five year deal.

Salute the nation

If we pay him what he wants, it will have to be a 5 year deal in the $75-80 million range, if that is even enough for him.

sign him... trade him.

I'd love to keep Bell, but I don't want the team to be cap strapped to do it. He is going to be an expensive weapon.

I'd love to keep Bell, but I don't want the team to be cap strapped to do it. He is going to be an expensive weapon.

I rather have an explosive weapon. 4.0 yards per carry with our OL, QB and skill players to open things up is very bad. He's Yards per catch is pretty low to.

Look at the two teams in the Super Bowl. Do they do not have star backs?

More often than not the winning team in the super bowl has a 3rd down guy and a standard runner.

Blount ( who we had and ran it at 4.4 yards per carry and 6.3 yards per catch ) and Jay Ajayi ( 5.5 yards per rush, 9.1 yards per catch ) can do the same job Bell did, but for 10+ million less! These are the RB's for Philly.

For 10M in extra cap space, you can pick up a quality free agent player.

Or you can look at New England.

Deion Lewis ran it at 5.0 yards per carry, and 6.7 per catch and Burkhead ( their power back ) ran it at 4.1 per carry and 8.5 per catch.

So why pay Bell, who has the benefit of our line, Ben and skill players around him to open things up when he only averages 4.0 per carry and 7.7 yards per catch 12-15+ million?
It makes little sense, and Bell has had injury issues or off the field issues. The guy takes shots at the Steelers via Social media.

Please trade him to Cleveland. He already said he will not play for the Jets, which raises an eyebrow if the Steelers are shopping him.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm not sure how much he wants to play for the Steelers, either.

Yearly winning team with a chance at greatness.
One of the best O-lines.

not every team gives you that.

Yearly winning team with a chance at greatness.
One of the best O-lines.

not every team gives you that.

Let him go home, take the money and average 3.6 yards a carry on a team that has lost its last 31 of 32 games. Ohhh, that would be a hoot.

That is what the new Steeler player is. Goodbye don't let the door hit you in the ***.

Let him go home, take the money and average 3.6 yards a carry on a team that has lost its last 31 of 32 games. Ohhh, that would be a hoot.

Thing is Coach he isn't going anywhere. You can hang your hat on that. A contract is up and coming...

Please trade him to Cleveland. He already said he will not play for the Jets, which raises an eyebrow if the Steelers are shopping him.

In your vernacular.....ít is reported (by every media source, social media and talking heads) that both the FO and Bell have stated they are working on a LT deal. So whose eyebrow is being raised about Bell being shopped? Where does this come from? Nevermind the fact he can''t be shopped unless he's under contract. Do you need that bit painted on your forehead?

Give it a rest, we know you want him gone.....you've intimated it enough in countless threads.

Would love to keep Bell but not at the expense of breaking the teams back with his cap hit. OK with a top flight QB eating salary but that's the only position I would be willing to source over $13M.

In your vernacular.....ít is reported (by every media source, social media and talking heads) that both the FO and Bell have stated they are working on a LT deal. So whose eyebrow is being raised about Bell being shopped? Where does this come from? Nevermind the fact he can''t be shopped unless he's under contract. Do you need that bit painted on your forehead?

Give it a rest, we know you want him gone.....you've intimated it enough in countless threads.

Last i saw, him and the FO have not had any contract talks. According to Adam Schefter.

Where are you pulling the 3.6 ypc average from, your ***? Five out of six years, he's averaged more than 4.0 ypc, and three of those years were better than 4.7 ypc. Your Bell take is pretty weak, man. Not only is it weak, it's based off of hardly anything other than the fact that he's got a big mouth, and you don't care for it. Bell will never end up in Cleveland, at least not through us. The reason Bell opened his mouth that he wouldn't play for the Jets for "that much," I think had to do more with the fact that he just doesn't wanna play for a garbage team, instead of it not being enough money. An "all the money in the world" isn't good enough, kinda thing. Anyways, keep pimping your Bell-to-Cleveland scenario; maybe it'll work on Madden.

Le'Veon Bell: Contract talks 'about the guarantees'

Bell now willing to accept franchise tag

Le'Veon Bell said his priority in contract negotiations with the Steelers is guaranteed money.

"Yeah, a lot of it is about the guarantees," he said. "That's what a long-term deal really is, you know? You want that security."

Bell has also changed his tune on being franchise-tagged, saying he has no plans to hold out if the Steelers tag him again in 2018.

When asked if he'd accept a deal worth $50 million guaranteed, Bell said, "Absolutely." The deadline to assign the franchise tag is March 6 at 4 PM ET.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

-------------------

Crisis averted