• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Liberals In Oregon Tax Liberals Who Ride Bikes

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Strange but true department.

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017...america&utm_campaign=ods&utm_content=Politics

Oregon Liberals Seethe As... Oregon Liberals Slap Tax on 'Environmentally Friendly' Bicycles

BY MIKE MILLER
It doesn't get any better.

According to Business Insider, Oregon is the third most liberal state in the nation.

But as Oregon cyclists see it, the Beaver State might as well be number one, given that it just became the first state in the nation to slap a tax on bicycles.

BikePortland editor Jonathan Maus is incredulous about the bike tax, for obvious reasons, as reported by The Washington Times:

“[It's] an unprecedented step in the wrong direction.

We are taxing the healthiest, most inexpensive, most environmentally friendly, most efficient and most economically sustainable form of transportation ever devised by the human species.”

As The Washington Times reported, Democratic Gov. Kate Brown is expected to sign a $5.3 billion transportation bill, which includes a $15 tax on every bike sold in the state costing more than $200 with a wheel diameter of at least 26 inches.

Yeah, I got nothin' on the wheel diameter thing.

Anyway, Romain Bonilla, writing for The Street Trust — a Portland, Oregon, organization dedicated to “open minds and roads in bicycling” — tried to play both sides against the middle:

Let’s be frank: this bike tax is very disappointing. It’s also well worth the investments in bike safety and accessibility.

There are more opportunities ahead for us to stand up for our shared priorities and mitigate the negative impact of the bike tax.

While the 2017 Oregon legislature imposed new — or increased — taxes, fines, or fees on marriage, divorce and the purchase of automobiles, it also extended health care benefits to undocumented immigrant children, according to the Statesman Journal.

Oh, I almost forgot: the governor also signed a bill providing free abortions to all, which raises the somewhat humorous question to Oregonians who are upset with the bike tax yet strong supporters of abortion: Got hypocrisy?

Liberalism: it's the best. Except for liberal cyclists in Oregon, that is.

There's a reason for that kind of thinking Jonboy. Once indoctrinated, all else becomes secondary.

Let me illustrate...... I first heard this before I can remember when I heard it.

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.'
The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop.

The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Congressman came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I can not accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Congressman was very happy and left the shop.

The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there
were a dozen Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.

As Ronald Reagan said:
"BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!"

I love it. This has got to piss the liberals off. How dare they do this to me. LOL

Am I the only one that thinks it's about time? They use the road, generally riding side by side, holding up traffic, and generally being a road hazard, without paying a cent in road taxes.

Great idea. Only thing better would be to license them if they want to use public roads.

The BMV should give a credit, say $50, for each jogger or biker that you clip and maim who "got in your way." Don't **** with my commute.

Its funny how there is always another 1% for those addicted to OPM to tax.