• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling making racist remarks

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...ly-los-angeles-clippers-owner-donald-sterling

An audio recording purportedly of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling making racist remarks to his girlfriend is being investigated by the NBA.

In the recording, the man believed to be Sterling questions his girlfriend, V. Stiviano, about her association with minorities. TMZ reports that Stiviano, who is black and Mexican, posted a picture of her with Magic Johnson on Instagram, a photo that has since been removed.

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you're associating with black people. Do you have to?" the man believed to be Sterling says. He continues, "You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games."

NBA spokesman Mike Bass issued the following statement: "We are in the process of conducting a full investigation into the audio recording obtained by TMZ. The remarks heard on the recording are disturbing and offensive, but at this time we have no further information."

The Clippers have opened their own investigation, team president Andy Roeser said in a statement.

"We have heard the tape on TMZ. We do not know if it is legitimate or it has been altered," he said. "We do know that the woman on the tape -- who we believe released it to TMZ -- is the defendant in a lawsuit brought by the Sterling family alleging that she embezzled more than $1.8 million, who told Mr. Sterling that she would 'get even.'

"Mr. Sterling is emphatic that what is reflected on that recording is not consistent with, nor does it reflect his views, beliefs or feelings. It is the antithesis of who he is, what he believes and how he has lived his life. He feels terrible that such sentiments are being attributed to him and apologizes to anyone who might have been hurt by them.

"He is also upset and apologizes for sentiments attributed to him about Earvin Johnson. He has long considered Magic a friend and has only the utmost respect and admiration for him -- both in terms of who he is and what he has achieved. We are investigating this matter."

Johnson wrote in a series of tweets that he would not attend another Clippers game while Sterling owned the team.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
If stern was still there his *** be gone. Wonder what new guy will do

Vader

Reaction score
"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you're associating with black people. Do you have to?" the man believed to be Sterling says. He continues, "You can sleep with [black people].

That seems like a weird thing to say to your GF. But LA is kind of weird so what do I know?

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
That seems like a weird thing to say to your GF. But LA is kind of weird so what do I know?

Lol. True. "I don't care if a BBC busts all kids of nuts on you, but don't you dare take a picture with one"

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Well yeah, because it's a good idea to go racial when you own an NBA team.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
This guy is an old man and his girl is young. Sound like they have an arrangement where she can bang other dudes because he's not up to the job, so long as she keeps it discrete.

It also sounds to me like he doesn't want her bringing her booty calls to games, not because they are black but because it publicly disrespects him.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
This guy is an old man and his girl is young. Sound like they have an arrangement where she can bang other dudes because he's not up to the job, so long as she keeps it discrete.

It also sounds to me like he doesn't want her bringing her booty calls to games, not because they are black but because it publicly disrespects him.

Thats kind of what I got out of it. If you don't give a **** that she's riding a black dude, and she herself is Black-Mexican.. I just don't see the racist side of this, just the be respectful side of it..

Stoney

Reaction score

It sounds to me like he had a problem with all that AND with black people.

So he's a crotchety old man who likes young woman but thinks its still the 60's, and she is a mixed-race prostitute who ***** HIV-positive black men for pleasure and occasionally sucks on old wrinkled balls for money. Seems like a match made in heaven.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score

So he's a crotchety old man who likes young woman but thinks its still the 60's, and she is a mixed-race prostitute who ***** HIV-positive black men for pleasure and occasionally sucks on old wrinkled balls for money. Seems like a match made in heaven.

perfect summary

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I want to see a pic of this black-Mexican chick. I've never heard of such a union. They're always in rival gangs.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

perfect summary

Where's that karma button when you need it?

Stoney

Reaction score
I want to see a pic of this black-Mexican chick. I've never heard of such a union. They're always in rival gangs.
They're called 'Blaxicans', saw it on 'Scrubs'.

Vader

Reaction score
I know nobody would know this by the liberal media but Donald Sterling is a democrat. He was even scheduled to receive a lifetime achievement award from the NAACP this year.

I

Idioteque

Thats kind of what I got out of it. If you don't give a **** that she's riding a black dude, and she herself is Black-Mexican.. I just don't see the racist side of this, just the be respectful side of it..

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you're associating with black people."

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Of course, you'll have the good taste not to mention that I spoke to you.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
It also sounds to me like he doesn't want her bringing her booty calls to games, not because they are black but because it publicly disrespects him
A man in my position cannot afford to look ridiculous!

Last edited:

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
How can you have any of these views and be an owner of a major sports franchise that employs and relies on black men? That's like owning a Dunkin Donuts and not want fat people in your establishment.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
so the issue is not that he's dating a girl who is biracial, nor that he allows her to sleep around with whomever she wants, nor that he puts money in her pocket to do this, but that he doesn't want the same guys who **** his biracial girlfriend to be welcomed in his place of business.

seems to me Mr. Sterling does not fully grasp the idea of being cuckoled.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Freedom of speech and of association. What's the big ******* problem? Anyone think the black guys that play for him can't wait to get out of practice so they can go hang with some white folk? The guy will probably be treated like a pariah socially....and may even deserve it.....but if there are any official sanctions against him from the league or any other organizations that would be just as wrong, imo.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
I'm hoping it comes out that she did a mix tape of a conversation adding words here and there to make him sound racist... because he has been accused of being racist before... I'd love to hear the backtracking from the press...oh wait... they wouldn't backtrack, they would just ignore the facts like with the Olympic park bombing, Big Ben, and others.

btw, I think this has more to do with him not wanting to know who she is messing around with and not posting those guys on the net... How many white racists have a biracial girlfriend?