• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling making racist remarks

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
so the issue is not that he's dating a girl who is biracial, nor that he allows her to sleep around with whomever she wants, nor that he puts money in her pocket to do this, but that he doesn't want the same guys who **** his biracial girlfriend to be welcomed in his place of business.

seems to me Mr. Sterling does not fully grasp the idea of being cuckoled.
Danger, danger, when you taste brown sugar,
Louie fell in love overnight.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Freedom of speech and of association. What's the big ******* problem? Anyone think the black guys that play for him can't wait to get out of practice so they can go hang with some white folk? The guy will probably be treated like a pariah socially....and may even deserve it.....but if there are any official sanctions against him from the league or any other organizations that would be just as wrong, imo.

My guess is there are certain things you agree to as an NBA owner, having to do with not making the brand look bad to its consumers. "Don't bring Magic Johnson to my games because he's black" doesn't reflect very well on the league.

BTW if I was Magic Johnson, rather than boycott I'd round up a group of the blackest people I know and buy courtside season tickets for myself and all of them.

ark steel

Reaction score
I'm hoping it comes out that she did a mix tape of a conversation adding words here and there to make him sound racist... because he has been accused of being racist before... I'd love to hear the backtracking from the press...oh wait... they wouldn't backtrack, they would just ignore the facts like with the Olympic park bombing, Big Ben, and others.

btw, I think this has more to do with him not wanting to know who she is messing around with and not posting those guys on the net... How many white racists have a biracial girlfriend?

According to Rush, this guys racists tendencies have been well known and ignored for years. If that is true, there should be plenty to back it up.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
did acted like he didn't even know she was half black. He seems like he lives in a bubble and if that bubble leaks, the Good Ol' Gang wouldn't accept him in their "billionaire cool club". He may have been baited and set-up, but stripes on the tiger don't lie.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
According to Rush, this guys racists tendencies have been well known and ignored for years. If that is true, there should be plenty to back it up.

This woman who turned the tapes over is being sued for $1.8 million and goes by at least four other names... She knows that he has had a few racist allegations and does this after threatening him to "get even"... He settled two lawsuits without admitting guilt and won the lawsuit brought against him by Elgin Baylor after he fired him. I'm not saying it wasn't him or it wasn't his fault, but it would be comparable to a girl filing a rape charge against someone who had been accused falsely of rape before... I'm just saying that I would love for this to turn out to be a doctored tape and to see which one of these people, including the POTUS, actually comes out and apologizes to Sterling.

btw, Elgin Baylor saying he was fired for his race after 22 years of being the VP of basketball operations is laughable... During his tenure, the Clippers managed only two winning seasons and amassed a win-loss record of 607 and 1153. They also won only one playoff series during this time. He kept his job for 22 YEARS!!!

blitzburghv5

Registered
Reaction score
Thats kind of what I got out of it. If you don't give a **** that she's riding a black dude, and she herself is Black-Mexican.. I just don't see the racist side of this, just the be respectful side of it..

Apparently youve failed to recall history and understand how slave owners back in the day could be prejudiced and hateful against people of color, yet impregnate a few of those same people of color (slaves).

Lmob0621

Reaction score
Apparently youve failed to recall history and understand how slave owners back in the day could be prejudiced and hateful against people of color, yet impregnate a few of those same people of color (slaves).

Good point... Were they buying these slaves $1.8 million worth of gifts and houses?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
the real crime in this is how a man with Sterling's funds is incapable of buying better looking trim than that.

i'm a broke ******, but I get better *** than that.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
My guess is there are certain things you agree to as an NBA owner, having to do with not making the brand look bad to its consumers. "Don't bring Magic Johnson to my games because he's black" doesn't reflect very well on the league.

No doubt you're correct..... I'm just sick and ******* tired of dumbasses of every color. And then hussein goes all in again. Just stfu already.....this **** is beneath your office. We get it...you're "black.

the real crime in this is how a man with Sterling's funds is incapable of buying better looking trim than that.

Thought that too....

blitzburghv5

Registered
Reaction score
This dick smudge Sterling always seems to drag down that franchise....finally had a title contender after all those years and now hes risking losing the franchise or possibly having his main star players bail along with a title winning head coach. Hes a ****** piece of brilliant work.

Force him out as owner, sell the team, move em to Seattle to start anew. Win-Win situation................

Stoney

Reaction score
How would a black owner be treated if the roles were reversed? I say treat him that way.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
No doubt you're correct..... I'm just sick and ******* tired of dumbasses of every color. And then hussein goes all in again. Just stfu already.....this **** is beneath your office. We get it...you're "black.

Oh, I totally agree. It's completely transparent. He loves nothing more than helping to stir up the anger of black people toward whites. And a rich white guy? Even better. There's really nothing he finds beneath the dignity of his office. Nothing.

That said I just got done listening to the long version of the recording. The guy is a complete *******. Deserves whatever he gets.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
What a **** stain. Talk about stepping in it with both feet. Fortunately, I think stuff like what this guy said is going to die with his generation. Will it stamp out racism? Nah, you will never get rid of that until people start seeing each other as people rather than a skin color. But I think that by the time I am 60, this sort of thing will be mostly gone from society. If you think about it, it is mostly crotchety old fools saying this type of ****. I think for the most part, young people don't give a **** if you are black, white, gay or whatever.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
From all reports, this guy is one big douchebag. Good riddance.
As if I needed another reason to ignore the NBA.

Stoney

Reaction score
I think for the most part, young people don't give a **** if you are black, white, gay or whatever.
I wish you were right. But with roving groups of young blacks attacking whites all over the country, and some whites trying to reciprocate the stupidity, I think racism is still pretty prevalent in America today.

Hell, there is even racism WITHIN races: Dark-skinned blacks vs light-skinned blacks; Columbians vs Puerto Ricans vs Dominicans; Koreans vs Japanese vs Chinese....

I don't know that there will ever be an end to this ridiculousness.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
well, Kareem is calling out both sides.

http://toprightnews.com/?p=2777

by Scott Aberdeen | Top Right Sports

The NBA players, media, and grievance mongers such as Al Sharpton are up in arms over vile L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling’s alleged racist remarks. But NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar today said a pox on both your houses – calling out the hypocrisy behind the whole affair and presenting by far the most rounded – and surprisingly libertarian — view thus far.

Abdul-Jabbar, in an op-ed piece in TIME attacked the collective outrage emanating from America’s media over Sterling’s aremarks to his girlfriend, calling the publication of a private conversation “sleazy” and wondering why earlier, more public manifestations of racism failed to shock those such as Al Sharpton, and the NAACP.

Abdul-Jabbar explains that we’re witnessing a veritable “finger-wagging Olympics . . . all over the latest in a long line of rich white celebrities to come out of the racist closet.”

“Yes, I’m angry, too,” Abdul-Jabbar admits, “but not just about the sins of Donald Sterling. I’ve got a list.”

That list includes Sterling’s girlfriend, V. Stiviano, whose voice is heard on the racially-loaded tape and who likely set the Clippers’ owner up.
Kareem said:
“Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out,” he mocked. “She was like a sexy nanny playing ‘pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.’ She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.”

And speaking of the news media? “They caught big game on a slow news day,” Abdul-Jabbar explained, “so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping.”
The former NBA all-star, who played for the Milwaukee Bucks and L.A. Lakers from 1969 to 1989, has no sympathy for Sterling. But he is upset that everyone is acting so surprised, noting that the NBA owner has said offensive comments in the past and has been sued over both housing and employment discrimination.

The NAACP “did nothing” after Sterling was forced to pay a staggering $3 million fine for denying housing to Blacks, saying they “smell, and attract vermin,” Abdul-Jabbar noted. They were even going to present Sterling with an NAACP award on May 15th, with the Rev. Al Sharpton on hand. “Suddenly he says he doesn’t want his girlfriend posing with Magic Johnson on Instagram and we bring out the torches and rope. Shouldn’t we have all called for his resignation back then?”

Abdul-Jabbar, perhaps channeling his closet libertarianism, also blasted the fact that Sterling’s private conversation — however racist — was suddenly broadcast nationwide.
Kareem said:
“Didn’t we just call to task the NSA for intruding into American citizen’s privacy in such an un-American way?” he asked, comparing the secret tape-recording to Mitt Romney’s embarrassing 47 percent remark, recorded without the then-candidate’s knowledge.

“The making and release of this tape is so sleazy that just listening to it makes me feel like an accomplice to the crime,” Abdul-Jabbar fumed. “We didn’t steal the cake but we’re all gorging ourselves on it.”

“So, if we’re all going to be outraged,” the former NBA star wrapped up, “let’s be outraged that we weren’t more outraged when his racism was first evident. Let’s be outraged that private conversations between people in an intimate relationship are recorded and publicly played. Let’s be outraged that whoever did the betraying will probably get a book deal, a sitcom, trade recipes with Hoda and Kathie Lee, and soon appear on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ and ‘Dancing with the Stars.’”
Brilliant.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
well, Kareem is calling out both sides

He makes a lot of great points.

When I listened to the tape it was clear she was goading him into saying stuff she could use against him later. But she didn't put the words in his mouth.

As far as the previous stuff, I never heard about any of that til now. Where was the media? But then I barely knew the NBA existed until my son started following it a couple of years ago.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
As far as the previous stuff, I never heard about any of that til now. Where was the media? But then I barely knew the NBA existed until my son started following it a couple of years ago.

Pittsburgh does not have an NBA team, therefore the NBA does not matter to me.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
KAJ just rose many levels in my eyes........didn't realize he was that that erudite.

you racist ****. how can you use that word ... erudite ... on this board. THIS board?!?

Lmob0621

Reaction score
Mark Jackson is calling for the fans to protest by not showing up...

“If it was me, I wouldn't come to the game. I believe as fans, the loudest statement they could make as far as fans is to not show up to the game,” Jackson said. “As an African-American man that's a fan of the game of basketball and knows its history and knows what's right and what's wrong, I would not come to the game tomorrow, whether I was a Clipper fan or a Warrior fan.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...st-audio-leak-article-1.1771928#ixzz30IWxesZx

Do you realize how stupid it is to ask the fans to boycott the game? They already PAID for the tickets... I think the fans should go to the game, cheer as loud and as hard as they can for their team and players. Now, I think they should boycott buying off of retailers and concessions for the game as long as the retailers and concessions are not independent contractors who only rent the space off of the Clippers and the Clippers do not share in the profits. What I would do is not buy season tickets for next season... that is when I would boycott if the league and the Clippers do not do anything about the Sterling mess.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Mark Jackson is calling for the fans to protest by not showing up...

“If it was me, I wouldn't come to the game. I believe as fans, the loudest statement they could make as far as fans is to not show up to the game,” Jackson said. “As an African-American man that's a fan of the game of basketball and knows its history and knows what's right and what's wrong, I would not come to the game tomorrow, whether I was a Clipper fan or a Warrior fan.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...st-audio-leak-article-1.1771928#ixzz30IWxesZx

Do you realize how stupid it is to ask the fans to boycott the game? They already PAID for the tickets... I think the fans should go to the game, cheer as loud and as hard as they can for their team and players. Now, I think they should boycott buying off of retailers and concessions for the game as long as the retailers and concessions are not independent contractors who only rent the space off of the Clippers and the Clippers do not share in the profits. What I would do is not buy season tickets for next season... that is when I would boycott if the league and the Clippers do not do anything about the Sterling mess.

My son has been to one NBA game with my husband...it was a special treat for his birthday. It was friggin expensive. Would I have taken that away from him and eaten the cost for some kind of protest? Nope.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't give a **** about him, or his gold-digging ***** girlfriend or his stupid ******* team. I'm kind of amazed that the whole country is focused on this as the number one story.