• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mass Shootings in Maine

The first reports were that there were more than one shooter, and they were of middle eastern decent.

I'm curious to hear what his issue is and why 22 innocent people had to die for it. Providing they ever catch him. Knowing who he is is a great start though. Hope he doesn't shoot anyone else.

"The bulletin also states that CARD recently reported mental health issues, including "hearing voices and threats to shoot up the National Guard Base in Saco, ME."
According to the document, Card was committed to a mental health facility for two weeks over the summer before he was released.

IF he was hearing voices, why was he let out of the mental health facility?

"The bulletin also states that CARD recently reported mental health issues, including "hearing voices and threats to shoot up the National Guard Base in Saco, ME."
According to the document, Card was committed to a mental health facility for two weeks over the summer before he was released.

Covid?

2 weeks in a facility, that ought to fix it.

This country does many good things but they drop the ball on caring for their own. Including looking after mentally challenged people.

Probably a good amount of mentally handicapped people roaming the streets and in jail/prison. Instead of being in institutions that protect them from themselves and others.

And people will still blame the gun rather than the person. That said, this guy shouldn't have had a gun of any kind.

img_3819-jpeg.545001

I'm curious to hear what his issue is and why 22 innocent people had to die for it. Providing they ever catch him. Knowing who he is is a great start though. Hope he doesn't shoot anyone else.
The issue is restrictive gun laws were struck down in federal court so the powers that be needed another incident to point to. They got to disarm the American Citizens before they can impose Agenda 21 and “15 minute cities” in the USA.

During an interview with Active Shooter Prevention Project founder Chris Grollnek that took place during CNN’s coverage of the shooting in Lewiston, Maine on Wednesday, host Laura Coates noted that one spot that the shooter targeted was a bowling alley with children in it and that the shooter was “not going to a gun range. This is not going to a place where perhaps he would believe he could encounter people who could respond.” And that he picked “soft targets.”

Coates said, “And I’m looking — of course, in the photo that we’re seeing, he’s at a bowling alley. We’ve heard from eyewitnesses, they saw children running out of this bowling alley. It could have potentially had many children inside. This is not going to a gun range. This is not going to a place where perhaps he would believe he could encounter people who could respond. These are essentially soft targets. What do you make of that?”

Grollnek responded that the shooter either knew the location or had some connection to it and that while he can agree with and understand calls for gun control and improvements around mental health, the overwhelming majority of firearms aren’t used in mass killings and he thinks there are some technological solutions.

This country does many good things but they drop the ball on caring for their own. Including looking after mentally challenged people.

Probably a good amount of mentally handicapped people roaming the streets and in jail/prison. Instead of being in institutions that protect them from themselves and others.
I believe they are hoping these mentally ill people do this so they try to take our guns.

That all ended in the late 80's and early 90's when all of those long-term facilities were closed without anything to replace them.

That all ended in the late 80's and early 90's when all of those long-term facilities were closed without anything to replace them.
Yep they just let them out. I read about that was truly saddening.

Beat me to it. At the time we were told that warehousing mentally ill people in large institutions was bad.
Also he appears to be white so it will be in the news for a while.

I believe they are hoping these mentally ill people do this so they try to take our guns.
The left has created all of the mentally ill people and rather than get them help. They praise them as normal, special, and equitable. The left is buying votes on the blood of innocent Americans all so they can push their radical agendas.

Beat me to it. At the time we were told that warehousing mentally ill people in large institutions was bad.
Also he appears to be white so it will be in the news for a while.
Early in my career I worked at Polk State Center for the mentally retar......err, intellectually disabled. It was a 1,500-bed facility in NW PA near Franklin. I can assure you the majority that called it home would have a very difficult, if not impossible time making it on their own without supervised assistance. PA also had facilities for the mentally insan......err psychiatrically challenged but closed them as well.

Why are we surprised at any of this? Seriously, look at what our nation is doing to young males:
  • Isolating them
  • Demeaning them
  • Vilifying them
  • Pushing drugs on them
  • Promoting video games and fakescapes rather than human interaction
  • Repeating the vilification
  • Promoting aberrant behavior (cross-dressing, LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ)
  • Destroying any positive views of males
And we're shocked that young men are becoming hostile? I am frankly amazed at how restrained young men are. Other than the rioters and looters, I mean.

Tell you I visited the page which talks about the people who lost their life.

Very upsetting.

When you start to zoom in on a life and see it was taken away.

Man...