• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Massive Steelers Reunion With Le'Veon Bell? In Best Shape Of His Life He Absolutely Would Welcome A Return To Pittsburgh Only

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers Killer B’s era that saw Antonio Brown, Le’Veon Bell, and Ben Roethlisberger occupy the skill positions for the black and gold lasted from 2013-2017. The trio produced All-Pro selections, Pro Bowls, three division titles, and four playoff appearances in five seasons. They were the talk of the NFL and the darlings of every sports talk show in need of material.

READ MORE

So basically Bell is crying about someone in Pittsburgh back in 18 doing him dirty…
My recollection is drastically different…

In 2016 Bell was very public about wanting a 15 million dollar a year contract for an extension . He absolutely was adamant that he was going to reset the RB market… (in 2016 15 million represented about 10% of the salary cap number.. a huge amount for a running back.. in 2017 it was slightly under 9%… still absurd…)

In 2017 The Steelers instead franchised him. Paying him over 12 million dollars… this contract even seven seasons later is still a top 15 rb aav deal…
In 2018 he upped his demands, asking for over 17 million dollars per season. Once more moving the needle to over 10% of the cap… the Steelers franchised him again, offering over 14 million dollars for that season he also declined a five year deal that would have given him 14 million per year. That was roughly 8% of the 2018 cap… a totally legitimate monster contract for a rb…
In nfl history, exactly 6 contracts with an AAV of 14 million or more have been signed, two by adrian peterson… only three of those contracts ever topped 15 million per, but by the time they existed the cap was much higher…

This season, for instance, the top paid rb in aav is taking up 7.25% of the cap…

He tries to tie things to guaranteed money, but the Steelers would have designed a 70 million dollar deal back then with a double digit signing bonus as well as a second year salary built to convert into a second signing bonus so he would have been ensured more money than he was letting on

His buffoonery was an ego trip, plain and simple… his fault for being a fool

Mixed feelings. I would be ok with him doing a sign and retire. He made some poor choices and could’ve played himself into a hall of fame career had he not been over greedy.

Screw him. Dude f'd himself big time. He probably would have wrapped up a HOF career if he would have stayed in Pittsburgh. Now, he's just another nobody.

So basically Bell is crying about someone in Pittsburgh back in 18 doing him dirty…
My recollection is drastically different…

In 2016 Bell was very public about wanting a 15 million dollar a year contract for an extension . He absolutely was adamant that he was going to reset the RB market… (in 2016 15 million represented about 10% of the salary cap number.. a huge amount for a running back.. in 2017 it was slightly under 9%… still absurd…)

In 2017 The Steelers instead franchised him. Paying him over 12 million dollars… this contract even seven seasons later is still a top 15 rb aav deal…
In 2018 he upped his demands, asking for over 17 million dollars per season. Once more moving the needle to over 10% of the cap… the Steelers franchised him again, offering over 14 million dollars for that season he also declined a five year deal that would have given him 14 million per year. That was roughly 8% of the 2018 cap… a totally legitimate monster contract for a rb…
In nfl history, exactly 6 contracts with an AAV of 14 million or more have been signed, two by adrian peterson… only three of those contracts ever topped 15 million per, but by the time they existed the cap was much higher…

This season, for instance, the top paid rb in aav is taking up 7.25% of the cap…

He tries to tie things to guaranteed money, but the Steelers would have designed a 70 million dollar deal back then with a double digit signing bonus as well as a second year salary built to convert into a second signing bonus so he would have been ensured more money than he was letting on

His buffoonery was an ego trip, plain and simple… his fault for being a fool
I read something where he admitted to smoking up before games. I am sure there is others still puffing the magic dragon. But still don't care for players ignoring rules set in place.

But yeah the guys wheels are probably sputtering along at half pace. No thanks.

Vet minimum & we can use him as as well as a receiver out the backfield...Gets 1-5 plays a game...

As I recall he wasn't a bad blocking back

I just think the dudes style and his age makes him a terrible risk … its just better to give that third rb spot to some young guy who might develop into something rather than a guy who didn’t really have great speed and likely has lost a step

Hey, Fyi… I tried to comment on the main page article and it wouldn’t log me in… I think it’s defective lol

Also whats up with the long uber descriptive headline? Are you paying these writers by the word now? Lol

The word “defective” can be mis-construed in many ways…………………..

I’d hate to see the length of headline for that topic……

Salute the nation

He said he’d only do it to be the featured back, so taking the vet minimum to be Najee’s & Warren’s backup isn’t a reality. But it would be interesting to see what he could do. I was a bit surprised to read he was 31…for some reason, as I was reading the article, I was thinking he was 33 or 34.. But, 31 with relatively light wear and tear (can’t speak to the boxing) he might surprise, and the fact that he boxes shows a competitive spirit.

Hard for me to hold a grudge when someone screws themself so bad…plus, at 55yo, it’s easy to look past indiscretions that someone did in their 20s. I’m sure he had a lot of voices in his ear back then.

First of all....... no thanks. His great years also coincided with our Oline in peak form. Top 3 in the league. especially for his style of running. Sure would have been interesting to see him play the last 2 years here. I think naught. Let’s move forward not backwards.

I can’t wait for AB to play for his team get 200 yards and start the coming back to Steelers rumours

First of all....... no thanks. His great years also coincided with our Oline in peak form. Top 3 in the league. especially for his style of running. Sure would have been interesting to see him play the last 2 years here. I think naught. Let’s move forward not backwards.

I can’t wait for AB to play for his team get 200 yards and start the coming back to Steelers rumours
Ben is going to be the 4th string qb too

you-don-t-have-to-go-home-but-you-can-t-stay-here-1.png

Hopefully the message the Steelers left on the door ...

Absolutely NOT. We wore him out, Our HC ran him till the wheels fell off.

Someone said lightly used….. **** at the end of a season he had 2 1/2 games worth of touches, more than the next closest player and Bell missed a game that season.

I don’t care how he left or all that bull-****, but 31 is ancient history for a RB, bring in a young guy who has better team wise potential.

I don’t think our one and only “Coach” would bring him back unless there was a potential trade for a couple first rounders…….

Salute the nation

No thanks, he already quit on us once.

No thanks, he already quit on us once.

Yeah,but he was a generational talent...haha. The crap he pulled after he got tagged was just foolish on his part. He gambled and lost. He should have stayed in Pittsburgh.

Yeah,but he was a generational talent...haha. The crap he pulled after he got tagged was just foolish on his part. He gambled and lost. He should have stayed in Pittsburgh.
He hasn't done jack squat on any other team he's been with.