• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers*center*Maurkice Pouncey*has officially retired. Pouncey retires after 11 seasons with the Steelers. In his 11 season with the Steelers, he was a 9x Pro Bowler and 3x All-Pro. The Steelers will now have to look towards free agency or the draft for his eventual replacement. It’s my honor that my brothers from another asked […]

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Thank you Pouncey. Appreciate your greatness being in the Black & Gold. Best wishes for the future.

thanks for giving it all up for the Steelers and fans. I will never forget the high five you gave me at camp while driving past on the golf cart. I was in my Steelers gold jeep. my dad was with me... made our day.

Peace and good luck on your next dream.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

What cap relief does this provide?

I guess the lingering question is if Big Biker ( that one's for topseed ) rides off into the sunset with him the way Pouncey wanted to?
I think we're supposed to find out this week.

As for Maurkice........he had a few good years at C for the Steelers.
He was no Dawson or Webster, but he was a bit better than Hartwig, who was well above average.
Thank you for your time here, and good luck with your life's work.

Last edited:
I guess the lingering question is if Big Biker ( that one's for topseed ) keeps his "promise" to ride off into the sunset with him?
I think we're supposed to find out this week.

As for Maurkice........he had a few good years at C for the Steelers.
He was no Dawson or Webster, but he was a bit better than Hartwig, who was well above average.
Thank you for your time here, and good luck with your life's work.
mp said he would retire if Ben did. never saw anywhere citing Ben would retire if mp did.

Ben and the Steelers were supposed to sit down this week. This week is just about over. Hopefully, we will hear something one way or the other. He is retiring or they are working on restructuring his cap hit.

Maurkice thanks for all the great sacrifices you've made in your STEELERS career. You are a great player along the way and I hope your "life's" work is just as fruitful. Thank You

Salute the nation

mp said he would retire if Ben did. never saw anywhere citing Ben would retire if mp did.

Right you are, Hoot.
My bad.
I could have worded that better.

Ben and the Steelers were supposed to sit down this week. This week is just about over. Hopefully, we will hear something one way or the other. He is retiring or they are working on restructuring his cap hit.
I am sure they met. proly won't hear anything immediately though. even if they agreed to terms, it may take a few days to get contract written, signed and ratified by nfl. doubt they announce it till it done.

There were many games where it looked like Pouncey was the RB he was so far down field plowing people over.

I wish him well and it would not surprise me if he stayed with the Steelers in some capacity.

Ben will be back. I'm guessing Finney will be our starting Center in 2021.

Was visiting family at Christmas in 2012, took my son and brother to the final game of the season at home against Cleveland. Both teams were out of the playoffs, probably 35,000 in attendance. Two things I remember from that game, Burress' late game clincher touchdown, his last in a Steeler uniform. The other was Pouncey, it was a lack luster game, Browns' Super Bowl of course. Browns defense was chippy and trying to intimidate the Steelers offense, Pouncey was having none of it. He was in his third year and understood this rivalry, he must have been involved in every post play confrontation, pushing, shoving, smach talking, got the rest of the team to stop going through the motions of finishing out the season. Loved it.
Also was the guy who came to Rudolph's aid 8 years later against Garrett and the same old Browns. A true Steeler.

Carry on MP!!!

I am sure they met. proly won't hear anything immediately though. even if they agreed to terms, it may take a few days to get contract written, signed and ratified by nfl. doubt they announce it till it done.

True. I had read that with COVID, many of the meetings are never known about as they usually aren''t done face to face anymore or, if they are, it's easier to hide it as there are no people out snooping around.

I'm not being disrespectful. I think Pouncey was a very good player. I also have always believed if he hadn't injured his foot before the SB against the Packers, the Steelers may have won. That said, I have a hard time remembering a more over rated Steelers player. He was a very mobile center early in his career, but he continued to get recognition long after I viewed him as just good. Never mind the debacle against the Browns, his snaps were *** the last couple years for an NFL starting centre. Just my opinion. But thanks for the contribution overall Maurkice

He saved our Center tradition.... which had fallen on insanely bad times before he arrived

Jeff Hartings held on to the starting C position for about 6 straight years, going to the Pro Bowl a couple of those years, before his knees ended his career. I'd say he's one of the 5 best C in Steelers history (Webster, Dawson, Pouncey, Mansfield, Hartings).

One of a long list of excellent players at the position stretching back to Mike Webster. The first domino to fall?