• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Maybe Ben is part of the problem

I don't know what yinz have been watchin' all year but if you aren't convinced that this locker room is out of control and run by a bunch of immature spoiled kids then ya just aren't payin' attention. It has been evident from day one from the silly celebrations over nothing, the temper tantrums when they don't get their way and the endless " look at me " demonstrations in everything from hair to shoes....anything to draw attention.

Discipline....Discipline...you call this discipline ?

That kneeling thing still sticks in my craw and I'm finding out slowly but surely who the ******** on this team were that wanted to disrespect their Country. AB may be the most talented receiver in football but he's still a disrespectful showoff piece of **** in my books..

th

Troy and Heath also had similar comments upon retiring about the locker room.
Ben tried the retirement angle last season, and that's all that was. That obviously didn't work, so maybe this will.

This... Ben was pissed about losing last year and again this year. It leads me to believe that his frustration around disciplines has been building and he is trying to raise awareness regarding his concerns. However, I do hope they involved direct internal conversations before sending signals to the media.

Come on man, is this really so hard to believe? I'm not saying I take everything on face value, I'm not 100% sold either, but when there is this much smoke, usually there is fire. When so many folks around you start to say the same thing about you, cries of "fake news" get harder and harder to believe

Welp, three of the minority owners have issued statements saying that they support any move Art Rooney makes, and that they're behind his faith in Tomlin.

https://nesn.com/2018/01/nfl-rumors-ben-roethlisberger-massively-frustrated-with-mike-tomlin/

First the minority owners want him out, but if Ben is on their side the chance for finding a new head coach is closer to reality.

You failed to mention that on his radio show, just the other night, Ben stated that he didnt want to see "major changes," and that he felt that they had a special group, both "players and coaches." His issue was with the man who is now gone.

I don't know what yinz have been watchin' all year but if you aren't convinced that this locker room is out of control and run by a bunch of immature spoiled kids then ya just aren't payin' attention. It has been evident from day one from the silly celebrations over nothing, the temper tantrums when they don't get their way and the endless " look at me " demonstrations in everything from hair to shoes....anything to draw attention.

Discipline....Discipline...you call this discipline ?

That kneeling thing still sticks in my craw and I'm finding out slowly but surely who the ******** on this team were that wanted to disrespect their Country. AB may be the most talented receiver in football but he's still a disrespectful showoff piece of **** in my books..

th

Agree. But from a diva Wr stance. He isn’t that bad.

Come on man, is this really so hard to believe? I'm not saying I take everything on face value, I'm not 100% sold either, but when there is this much smoke, usually there is fire. When so many folks around you start to say the same thing about you, cries of "fake news" get harder and harder to believe

No, I do think there is frustration. There always is frustration after a season ending loss. You better believe the owner is disappointed, coaches disappointed and the players themselves have acid taste in their mouths. That's part of winning and losing. We fans have no other outlet to express our frustrations other than what we do here. What I am talking about is click bait journalism and radio/TV sensationalism to increase listeners/viewership. It is no different than this board. Everyone has an opinion and a "idea" or "theory" about one thing or another. Cowherd does this all the time. Did it when he was on the west coast which is why ESPN radio, picked him up.....and let go. Now on Fox. Finds an irritating issue amongst the genuine fanbase and gets folks on either side stirred up with fabrications. All the while with no actual facts or proof to the matter. Gheez, everyone forgets how several months ago he basically blasted Philly fans as practically lunatics for running folks out of town. Specifically, Andy Reid. Yet here we are...Phllly in the final 4 with a backup QB head coach and a back up QB now starting.

Florio......don't get me started, I'm sure most on this board has seen crap from his site. He has "insiders" from his previous player agent connections. The majority what he picks up is based on he said/she said in third person....

Fact is, there is always smoke.....always. But it doesn't mean what folks think it does. Almost all the talking heads had Munch going to AZ. Then he didn't. Yet then said well he's a candidate for OC, he wasn't ......sometimes you have to use some common sense instead of being a sheep to the air waves.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Brown maybe a showboat look at me guy, but he brings it week in and week out and in practice. If he didn't get hurt he had a real shot at MVP. When people talk about Brown alot of sentences start with "The only receiver to......." I do not worry about Brown. I think Bell is a punk, but he also usually shows up in games. I have no problem with the celebrations either, but did think there needs to be some structure regarding social media crap.
As for defense Mitchell is a huge problem. He has not done much except run his mouth and get penalties. He celebrates after guys gain 15 yards. I feel like he is rubbing off on guys like Burns. Heyward and Tuitt seem like solid guys, Bince thinks way too highly of himself and who knows about our other LBs. The steelers need a stricter culture, but don't see it happening with the group of coaches we have now.

nah going to stick with ****** coaching and decisions

You and I both know that this is exactly the problem. For way to long everyone wanted his win/loss record to speak of his GREAT coaching ability. It is a great record but NOT the whole truth. The core players, mostly Rothlesberger, has bailed cool shades out countless times. Winning despite some MAJOR coaching flubs. 6th grade friend of mine called out defensive alignments that were a hell of a lot better than what was put on the field. I'm not advocating a 6th grade coach but just making a point to how obvious the "D" was being missed handled. As a head coach, you recognize and do something...................

The core of the problem is / has been / and will remain as long as Coach Cool Shades is at the helm..,,.......

Thank You

Salute the nation

I will say this. If Ben didnt have play veto that is beyond ridiculous. He has more offensive experience than the whole offensive coaching staff combined minus Munchak who was a lineman. Who should make this decision. Todd didnt play peewee Haley or Mike Dback in College Tomlin.

MT arrogantly mismanages multiple seasons. HOF QB nearing end of career. I'd be frustrated too.

It's going to be up to the older players to put these young guys in place. DeCastro, Foster, Al, Cam, and Ben need to run that locker room.

It's going to be up to the older players to put these young guys in place. DeCastro, Foster, Al, Cam, and Ben need to run that locker room.

Players can only do so much if the head coach is not on the same page. Hard for a player to ride guys for areas if the head coach constantly makes excuses for the same behavior. The attitude and rules need to be set in place by the head coach and trust that the veteran leadership can help to enforce it and lead by example.

Bullshit. The coach runs the team and sets the tone and the rules. After that, the players run the locker room within that framework. At least that's how it should roll.

So, again, we are completely absolving the head coach of his responsibilities and instead putting that on players. Got ya.

So, again, we are completely absolving the head coach of his responsibilities and instead putting that on players. Got ya.

No the tradition is that we absolve the players of everything and put all the blame on schemes and coaching.....even when players fumble, miss tackles and throw interceptions. Always has been, always will be.

No the tradition is that we absolve the players of everything and put all the blame on schemes and coaching.....even when players fumble, miss tackles and throw interceptions. Always has been, always will be.

It's a 2 way street and not as simple as some want to believe it to be:

If a player has a history of putting the ball on the turf and that never changes is it the players fault or the coaching staff for not teaching the player how to protect the rock?
If a team consistently has poor tackling, bad angles to the ball, or bad form is that on the players or the staff for not finding a way to improve these items?
If your offense consistently puts your QB in third and long situations does the coach bear some blame when the QB gets picked off trying to squeeze the ball in to get a first down?

It's never as simple as saying it is one or the other. But when a trend continues, eventually you have to look at the coaches and whether they are putting players in a position to fail, are they doing what is necessary to make improvements or is it the same status quo?

We blame coaching because our players lack technique and execution, that is on the coaches. Why we continue to bring back past players is beyond me, We lack in certain positions go after the best coaches to teach that position.

Ben is the bad guy no matter what he does. If he tells the truth, then he's a racist, if he keeps his mouth shut, then it's his fault for not changing the play. I think the overall problem is Tomlin(the buck stops with the HC)

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Steeler Nation mobile app