• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mayfield would be good in my opinion

You must still be on a hallucinogen if you think Dobbs would be worth a gamble. He isn't doing us any good even in the short term. Love the story behind the player but he is done as an NFL QB. Flacco could help only as a back up. KP8 is getting every ****-ing chance HC Tomlin can give him, even at the expense of the team suffering for it.

Salute the nation
I said the criteria we'd be looking for is cheap and a backup for a fake competition with Kenny. Does he not fit that bill?
At least one of the two would be able to see the field, maybe he could tell KP what is happening out there and help him a bit
Tannehill or Flacco probably comes in and steals Kenny's lunch if an actual fair competition happened-which we know won't

I said the criteria we'd be looking for is cheap and a backup for a fake competition with Kenny. Does he not fit that bill?
At least one of the two would be able to see the field, maybe he could tell KP what is happening out there and help him a bit
Tannehill or Flacco probably comes in and steals Kenny's lunch if an actual fair competition happened-which we know won't

I hear yaz Fiji Mariner, just who ever they do end up signing will definitely get to play during the season.

1) Kenny will be sucking eggs through a super small straw and need replaced, due to not taking that step up.

2) Kenny will be rehabbing that in game injury he is prone to.

Then Tomlin will be forced to play the “HOT” hand……… sound familiar ? Get to 8-8-1 & no PO win.

Obviously I’m hoping for different outcome, but then again that’s the definition of insanity as well.

Salute the nation

Mehh, last offseason I figured his late season Rams play was an outlier, but he really did settle down. He quit trying to be a superstar and just played good football.. I honestly thought hed never quit forcing footballs downfield...

He would be a good get, but he is going to be way out of our price range

He may be. My assumption is that MR is resigned. Probably should have said that.

I don’t thin k they can re-sign him until FA-cy starts. Maybe I’m wrong here but That’s what I thought as they have to wait for league season start.

Salute the n ation

Also Id be slightly afraid he would revert to " got to prove it" Baker every game vs the Browns...

Tomlin would keep that in checK, the disciplinarian that he is.

Salute the nation

Just read forecast for Mayfield is three for 75. This league is broken.
Qb Salaries stay pretty consistent... most positions do actually.. they eat up a certain percentage of the cap... the cap grows by a minimum of 20 mil per season until 2027.. and while it cant be less, it can be more based on revenues.. 2026 the cap is going to be like 280 million dollars... and tge stars eat most of that

i thought we had a rule about the factory of sadness stink permeating the Steeler locker room?

We weren't always the Stainless Steelers.

We had ex Browns Joe Haden and currently have Larry Ogunjobi.

Last edited:
Qb Salaries stay pretty consistent... most positions do actually.. they eat up a certain percentage of the cap... the cap grows by a minimum of 20 mil per season until 2027.. and while it cant be less, it can be more based on revenues.. 2026 the cap is going to be like 280 million dollars... and tge stars eat most of that
Part I don't get is that no one can predict future. Mayfield was a bad year from being done. Now he is gonna get 25 a year? No.one can say he will be better then Rudolph I would say there is a better chance. But maybe 5 million dollar better chance. Like Mason 5 and Mayfield 10. Not 25.

Part I don't get is that no one can predict future. Mayfield was a bad year from being done. Now he is gonna get 25 a year? No.one can say he will be better then Rudolph I would say there is a better chance. But maybe 5 million dollar better chance. Like Mason 5 and Mayfield 10. Not 25.
Meh, with so many years starting, Mayfield is look on as a low end established starter. Chart says 10-12% of the cap. A superstar is way closer to 20%

No different than when Niel Odonnell signed that 4.8 million doller per year deal with New york back when the cap was 40 million bucks... QBs, even meh ones, eat up money

Meh, with so many years starting, Mayfield is look on as a low end established starter. Chart says 10-12% of the cap. A superstar is way closer to 20%

No different than when Niel Odonnell signed that 4.8 million doller per year deal with New york back when the cap was 40 million bucks... QBs, even meh ones, eat up money
Was it really 4.8 M ? My brain remembers him making BANK. But then again I was making 29k a year back then.

F NO to The Midget.
Most batted down passes at line of scrimmage EVERY year since he's been in the league.
Not a good teammate. Consistently threw his teammates under the bus in Cleveland ( even if they truly deserved it, not a good look ).
He's tough and got some moxie to him, but I don't think he's an answer, either long term or short.

Let's face it, Tomlin loves consistency and familiarity. He despises change and looks at it as if it's chaos and brings about unnecessary risk. Ryan Tannehill is just what Tomlin desires, a good veteran QB who can step in and understand terminology and the system from day one. It's an easy sell to KP and Mason, "He's here until you guys are up to speed"

Let's face it, Tomlin loves consistency and familiarity. He despises change and looks at it as if it's chaos and brings about unnecessary risk. Ryan Tannehill is just what Tomlin desires, a good veteran QB who can step in and understand terminology and the system from day one. It's an easy sell to KP and Mason, "He's here until you guys are up to speed"
Ryan would be the pickup if that is what the new OC desires. I think his wants will be heavily considered. He already knows he knows how to run his desired scheme and won't cost a lot in comparison to some other options.

I actually will be a little surprised if Ryan isn't who they bring in.

Mayfield played very well this year as a QB1. He isn't going anywhere who doesn't offer him that kind of money even if it's on the low end of the scale. He earned himself a payday this year. My guess is he'll be offered $30 million give or take.

I think Mayfield, Wilson, Tannehill are all better than Pickett.

I don’t thin k they can re-sign him until FA-cy starts. Maybe I’m wrong here but That’s what I thought as they have to wait for league season start.

Salute the n ation
A team can sign/extend any player they have under contract and do not have to wait for FA to start. MR is still under contract until the league year runs out so PIT can do a deal with him anytime. Other teams can not talk to a player until FA Tampering period begins.

A team can sign/extend any player they have under contract and do not have to wait for FA to start. MR is still under contract until the league year runs out so PIT can do a deal with him anytime. Other teams can not talk to a player until FA Tampering period begins.
Unless they back up the truck and annoint him starter he wouod be village idiot not to wait and see if he has a market.

Unless they back up the truck and annoint him starter he wouod be village idiot not to wait and see if he has a market.
I agree. But that is player choice. The OP I responded to was about there being no rule about when a new contract could be signed. Obviously, both parties would have to agree to the terms of the deal to have one signed.