• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mayfield would be good in my opinion

I do think the Steelers best option for him to see field. I wonder if they could work a contract that gives him real good guarenteed money this year (10 plus) with huge escalator if he wins job and becomes 2025, but team out if he cannot.

You must still be on a hallucinogen if you think Dobbs would be worth a gamble. He isn't doing us any good even in the short term. Love the story behind the player but he is done as an NFL QB. Flacco could help only as a back up. KP8 is getting every ****-ing chance HC Tomlin can give him, even at the expense of the team suffering for it.

Salute the nation

Agreed on Dobbs. Also, ignoring what I may want, I agree and still believe the Steelers will give Pickett every chance to be the starter next year.

I don’t cheer against Steeler players and I hope the new OC and other offensive coaches brings Pickett to life. I am skeptical that he will and more concerned about how long it will take for the Steelers to pull the plug next year if nothing changes.

Agreed on Dobbs. Also, ignoring what I may want, I agree and still believe the Steelers will give Pickett every chance to be the starter next year.

I don’t cheer against Steeler players and I hope the new OC and other offensive coaches brings Pickett to life. I am skeptical that he will and more concerned about how long it will take for the Steelers to pull the plug next year if nothing changes.
Tomlin used a 1st round pick on Pickett the first draft after Ben retired, this is Tomlin's first chance at life without Ben, and Pickett is his guy, Tomlin is stubborn as hell, so Pickett will be given every chance to be the starter next season, even if it's not what's best for the team.

Tomlin used a 1st round pick on Pickett the first draft after Ben retired, this is Tomlin's first chance at life without Ben, and Pickett is his guy, Tomlin is stubborn as hell, so Pickett will be given every chance to be the starter next season, even if it's not what's best for the team.
thought it was Colbert who ran that draft.

I still think Tannehill will be in black and gold
This is my thought as well. He is connected to Smith he can help Kenny adapt to the new offense and in the mean time if he wins the QB battle you have a shot to make noise in the playoffs. You let Kenny back him up and if need be you part ways with Kenny whenever his contract is up because him not being able to beat out Tanny in a year or two tells you exactly what you have...a bust. The search then continues for the next franchise guy.

This makes too much sense so, not likely to happen.

I totally hear yaz.

Once a player becomes a STEELERS player, I’m all for them doing the best possible. I have no ”ill” agenda of any kind.

This season Kenny needs to step up and show vast improvement or it may be time to move on. That goes for other players as well.

I was all for Dan Moore his rookie year, great story……. But it’s time to move on as he has had plenty of time to shine, but has failed.

Our coaching, in many ways, have failed our players as well. Obviously our OC that was fired, but our DC (Tomlin) has failed as well. TJ / Minka / CAM have all been let down by the defensive scheme and their careers haven’t yielded a championship because of it.

I will always root for who is on the team, but can criticize a little along the way.

Salute the nation

It always was Tombert
thought it was Colbert who ran that draft.
Colbert was retiring, Tomlin was staying, they weren't going to allow the guy on the way out the door to pick the QB instead of the head coach that is going to be hand-cuffed to him, no way in hell that wasn't Tomlin's pick.

Colbert was retiring, Tomlin was staying, they weren't going to allow the guy on the way out the door to pick the QB instead of the head coach that is going to be hand-cuffed to him, no way in hell that wasn't Tomlin's pick.

ALSO, why the hell did Colbert stay on even though Kahn was named new GM ???

Talk about handcuffing, Kahn was jailed !!!!

Salute the nation

ALSO, why the hell did Colbert stay on even though Kahn was named new GM ???

Talk about handcuffing, Kahn was jailed !!!!

Salute the nation
I don't think it mattered, Tomlin has final say in the draft, his ego wouldn't have it any other way, if he thought he should start taking control of the defense away from LeBeau, does anyone honestly think he wouldn't do the same with the draft?

I don't think it mattered, Tomlin has final say in the draft, his ego wouldn't have it any other way, if he thought he should start taking control of the defense away from LeBeau, does anyone honestly think he wouldn't do the same with the draft?
I can respect a man that does it his way..

A couple of playoff wins mixed in during the last 7 years...would help "Tomlins Way" though..

And every coach in the NFL is responsible for their decisions except Tomlin. Jesus. Shanahan is taking heat for his SB coin toss taking the ball decision.

Which is exactly why Dobbs fits as the tiny 1’ hurdle KP may be able to actually jump over

And he’d be cheap as hell which fits deuce

Win, win bwahahaha
9-8 here we come
Get another participation trophy ready for the case!!!

And every coach in the NFL is responsible for their decisions except Tomlin. Jesus. Shanahan is taking heat for his SB coin toss taking the ball decision.
It was an extremely dumb decision, if we’re being honest, by every analytic angle

And he’s allegedly smart

What can we realistically expect from our deer in headlights?

It was an extremely dumb decision, if we’re being honest, by every analytic angle

And he’s allegedly smart

What can we realistically expect from our deer in headlights?
So when I say this my belief is they should have kicked off and taken ball second. My buddy who is a huge 49ers fan and very experienced football mind said Shanahan looked at his defense and knew they were gassed after drive that tied game and went with his gut. The same body part Shades makes virtually every decision with.

So when I say this my belief is they should have kicked off and taken ball second. My buddy who is a huge 49ers fan and very experienced football mind said Shanahan looked at his defense and knew they were gassed after drive that tied game and went with his gut. The same body part Shades makes virtually every decision with.
Yeah I get that
It’s the only argument for that

Every analytic says see what the other team does first then you know what you need and if the need is a TD you’re in 4 down territory the whole drive and ya know it.

I figure a smart coach spends a timeout of two If necessary to recharge in that first drive that comes after the long commercial break and coin flip etc

Off field time without doing that was already over a standard three and out or drive with only one first down conversion due to the reset.

But neither here nor there tho…

As they have a coach that sucks in the big game which is better than our HC that can’t win a playoff game

Mahomes sure as hell was stoked when they said receive, as was Reid… the guys that win big games on the reg

Yeah I get that
It’s the only argument for that

Every analytic says see what the other team does first then you know what you need and if the need is a TD you’re in 4 down territory the whole drive and ya know it.

I figure a smart coach spends a timeout of two If necessary to recharge in that first drive that comes after the long commercial break and coin flip etc

Off field time without doing that was already over a standard three and out or drive with only one first down conversion due to the reset.

But neither here nor there tho…

As they have a coach that sucks in the big game which is better than our HC that can’t win a playoff game

Mahomes sure as hell was stoked when they said receive, as was Reid… the guys that win big games on the reg
I tended to think the same about the Time outs. The way the thing was set up they probably didn't have a ton of bearing. He us gonna gave to live with it. They played real well in half of every game in the playoffs and pretty much stunk the joint in the other half.

Meh....We will see next year if the issue was Pickett or the system. very well could be Pickett. I think they told him not to make a mistake. Let the D and team win the game. Or maybe I am hoping that was Tomlin's game plan. Either way we need to sign someone...and probably draft a QB also.

Meh....We will see next year if the issue was Pickett or the system. very well could be Pickett. I think they told him not to make a mistake. Let the D and team win the game. Or maybe I am hoping that was Tomlin's game plan. Either way we need to sign someone...and probably draft a QB also.
I'm ok with bringing in someone. But unless someone falls that you think you just can't pass up.....no draft pick. 5th round guys don't usually pan out. Better figure out if KP can do it. If he cannot draft 1st round in 2025

SBWHCMVLT has gotten every excuse in the book. His whole career is one big long excuse, given fully and unconditionally.

I can’t remeber how many times many blamed BEN for Tomlin’s short-comings. How many years did we hear about Shazier‘s injury and how that was an excuse for the weak middle of the “D”….hear we are, still a weak middle of “D”………

Salute the nation

SBWHCMVLT has gotten every excuse in the book. His whole career is one big long excuse, given fully and unconditionally.

I can’t remeber how many times many blamed BEN for Tomlin’s short-comings. How many years did we hear about Shazier‘s injury and how that was an excuse for the weak middle of the “D”….hear we are, still a weak middle of “D”………

Salute the nation
That soft creamy middle is all Big Snack's fault DIC

If he had Tomlin's guts he'd still be in there anchoring things for the greatest coach ever, obviously

Can't expect Shades to just replace him on the fly like this, after all its only been about a decade