• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Meet your new OC and play caller.........................................

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Your NEW offensive coordinator ...

Matt-Canada.jpg

CATT MANADA!!

The pressure is on Kenny. Not saying that the change will do him good because they have the same OL, but if he continues to stink it up and miss open WRs, then it will come down on him.
That is the nature of the game, pressure induced. You either excel or sit.

We shall see how it transpires.

The pressure is on Kenny. Not saying that the change will do him good because they have the same OL, but if he continues to stink it up and miss open WRs, then it will come down on him.

I hear what you are saying thesteelcity, but also realize that there will be growing pain with the new OC & Play Caller. I am pretty sure the play caller will do a much better call as to play / timing / set up etc....

Kenny should improve if only just for that. I also think Coach Tomlin has been whispered to by his boss as to opening up this offense some, that too, will help KP8.

KP8 has to help himself as well.

Salute the nation

My question is Faulkner is the OC, but they said Sullivan would be calling most plays. What does the OC do then exactly? I guess game planning, but I think that would go w/ play calling. You are not going to be able to create a new offense at this point unless they kinda make up stuff on the fly like tell a WR to run a slant instead of an out on a play. Faulkner could say he wants 50% of the passes in the middle of the field and tell sullivan to reflect that I guess. I am not sure if they are going to be able to change blocking at this point or not.

First Art Rooney wants to run the ball more and now he is telling his head coach to open it up?
Not sold on that....
I think Rooney being the fiscal responsible guy that he is....understands that a huge investment is about to go to waste if they didn't get the young man someone that is more competent to assist his progression....

This is a start...and they will hire someone from outside the organization in the off season....unless of course the Steelers offense goes from pop gun to top gun in the upcoming weeks.

My question is Faulkner is the OC, but they said Sullivan would be calling most plays. What does the OC do then exactly? I guess game planning, but I think that would go w/ play calling. You are not going to be able to create a new offense at this point unless they kinda make up stuff on the fly like tell a WR to run a slant instead of an out on a play. Faulkner could say he wants 50% of the passes in the middle of the field and tell sullivan to reflect that I guess. I am not sure if they are going to be able to change blocking at this point or not.
I'm going by what DK was saying this morning.

He said it's highly likely that only Canada (OC), Sullivan (QB Coach) and Tomlin (HC) were completely familiar with all the language in the playbook. Thus Sullivan is calling the plays in game. I would imagine Faulkner will have a huge say in exactly what play is called in what situation.

This tells me they're the most comfortable with Faulkner's philosophy.

I'm excited the Steelers have this bright mind ready to take over the offense....

This is an odd setup with a game planner and play caller. It would never happen, but I would've loved to see them bring in Dorsey as an offensive consultant and basically be a co-offensive coordinator and use the rest of the season as a tryout.

That will come on 2nd and 10. Have to change it up....

a little.😁

Mike Tomlin: "Okay, Art R ... I fired Canada so we have to change things up."
New Guy: "Pickens on a slant first and ..."
Mike Tomlin: "No, no, no. CHANGE things up."
New Guy: "Under center, Harris in backfield, play action ..."
Mike Tomlin: "No, I said CHANGE THINGS!"
New Guy: "First down, play action, pass over the middle ..."
Mike Tomlin: "CHANGE THINGS!"
New Guy: "Jet sweep?"
Mike Tomlin: "Now you're talking!"

First Art Rooney wants to run the ball more and now he is telling his head coach to open it up?
Not sold on that....
I think Rooney being the fiscal responsible guy that he is....understands that a huge investment is about to go to waste if they didn't get the young man someone that is more competent to assist his progression....

This is a start...and they will hire someone from outside the organization in the off season....unless of course the Steelers offense goes from pop gun to top gun in the upcoming weeks.
"...Pop gun to top gun..."

😂🤣😂

I hear what you are saying thesteelcity, but also realize that there will be growing pain with the new OC & Play Caller. I am pretty sure the play caller will do a much better call as to play / timing / set up etc....

Kenny should improve if only just for that. I also think Coach Tomlin has been whispered to by his boss as to opening up this offense some, that too, will help KP8.

KP8 has to help himself as well.

Salute the nation
I want to see him get comfortable and control the offense. He looks like a deer in headlights most of the time, when he's not getting sacked or throwing over a WR head. I want to see him to be in control. Whatever he does in the 4th, I want to see it in the first half and throughout the whole game. They got rid of the cancer that everyone wanted gone. If KP still plays like *** then what? That's all I'm saying. How long of a leash will he get?

I want to see him get comfortable and control the offense. He looks like a deer in headlights most of the time, when he's not getting sacked or throwing over a WR head. I want to see him to be in control. Whatever he does in the 4th, I want to see it in the first half and throughout the whole game. They got rid of the cancer that everyone wanted gone. If KP still plays like *** then what? That's all I'm saying. How long of a leash will he get?

Long enough a leash to let him and his QB / play caller coach get comfortable. Possibly 3 games but open it up right away as I'm thinking Sullivan is going to get things rolling better than what they have been.

Salute the nation

Unless the philosophy of the HC changes, NOTHING CHANGES.

The smart move by Tomlin would be for him to take a hands off position. Then if it works, everyone believes it was Canada. If it doesn’t work, then he can say, “see, it was not my philosophy that was the problem”. He wins either way, and gets that 10 year extension.

I think Tomlin has to give into the pressure. The media, fanbase, players, and possibly Rooney will be all over Tomlin if they trot the same crap out there. If the offense looks the same he wont have the easy scapegoat anymore. "Fire Canada" was literally a national trend. Tomlin doesnt want to be in that boat. They dont need to come out chucking it deep down the field 100x. Just look at the pre-season tapes and see what was clicking.