• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Meet your new OC and play caller.........................................

My question is Faulkner is the OC, but they said Sullivan would be calling most plays. What does the OC do then exactly? I guess game planning, but I think that would go w/ play calling. You are not going to be able to create a new offense at this point unless they kinda make up stuff on the fly like tell a WR to run a slant instead of an out on a play. Faulkner could say he wants 50% of the passes in the middle of the field and tell sullivan to reflect that I guess. I am not sure if they are going to be able to change blocking at this point or not.
The new guy won’t be able to say he wants squat as far as the middle of the field

Tomlin has told them the middle of the field is lava and to be avoided at all costs

The standard is the standard, blah blah blah

• Haha
Reactions: MTC
The new guy won’t be able to say he wants squat as far as the middle of the field

Tomlin has told them the middle of the field is lava and to be avoided at all costs

The standard is the standard, blah blah blah

I’m riding high and fast on the GREAT White Horse…………… seeing the spectacular molecular view of the future. In my Spirit World, O’Canada was fired and all the moving parts stopped to rejoice……………………….

Then this flashed up high on the blue sky….. nearly everything, including me, dropped out of the Spirit World and had to face reality…………….

Fiji Mariner, you may be right, but couldn’t you have waited at least 24 hrs so some of us could celebrate properly ?

Fiji Mariner, I use to like you (still do), BUT damn brother !!!!

Salute the nation

My question is Faulkner is the OC, but they said Sullivan would be calling most plays. What does the OC do then exactly? I guess game planning, but I think that would go w/ play calling. You are not going to be able to create a new offense at this point unless they kinda make up stuff on the fly like tell a WR to run a slant instead of an out on a play. Faulkner could say he wants 50% of the passes in the middle of the field and tell sullivan to reflect that I guess. I am not sure if they are going to be able to change blocking at this point or not.
Faulkner being the rb coach will scheme the offense around the run and hopefully play action off the run utilizing the middle of the field. Obviously they have to live within the framework established but the can change reads and progressions, alter routes and utilize more 21 and 12 personnel hopefully.

I think this could improve the line play by just calling better plays at appropriate times.

That would be my special wish for the holidays also Lebanon.
Hammer meets nail right there .

Last edited:
Your NEW offensive coordinator ...

Matt-Canada.jpg

CATT MANADA!!
Also goes under the alias
Mateo Mexico
Mattona Tokyo

Or

…….

Pop

Canada was distraction. Not much gonna change. Can't same playbook. Maybe more attention to detail.

You watch. ALOT a **** is gonna change.

it's gonna look like FIREPOWER compared to the last 2 years. Guns are gonna be blazing. i feel it.
KP gonna open up the offense with a few of the plays they do got that are really good at giving the advantage to the WRs.
Just anything different is gonna open up a big can of whoop-*** for Pickens & Muth.

Look out. It's gonna get exciting. I'm actually gonna watch the game this week now.

it's gonna look like FIREPOWER compared to the last 2 years. Guns are gonna be blazing. i feel it.
KP gonna open up the offense with a few of the plays they do got that are really good at giving the advantage to the WRs.
Just anything different is gonna open up a big can of whoop-*** for Pickens & Muth.

Look out. It's gonna get exciting. I'm actually gonna watch the game this week now.

it can ONLY... only get better folks. Only.

I would assume that the OC formulates the gameplan during the week based on the opponents strengths/weaknesses. Sullivan will be choosing the plays based on down/distance?

I would assume that the OC formulates the gameplan during the week based on the opponents strengths/weaknesses. Sullivan will be choosing the plays based on down/distance?
That sounds about right.👍

it can ONLY... only get better folks. Only.

So just to round out the humiliation of the Canada Noah's Ark offense - JT just dunks on the O. Some of it is KP mistakes but overall, it's just too difficult to overcome these high school plays.

Is this a pre season post? Jk