• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Michelle Obama says she'll fight to the 'bitter end' in school lunch battle

Spike

Reaction score
michelle-obama-shovel-ready.jpg

Michelle Obama is determined to fight efforts by the GOP to soften her anti-obesity campaign. Republicans want flexibility on nutritional regulations in school districts that are losing money The GOP says Mrs Obama's program is driving children away from school lunches

She says the is unwilling to compromise and will 'fight until the bitter end'..'The last thing that we can afford to do right now is play politics with our kids' health,' she said

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ell-fight-bitter-end-school-lunch-battle.html

-------------------------------

hahahaha

Kids, parents tweet their white-hot hate for Michelle Obama’s school lunch regs

AFP-Getty-Images-Jewel-Samad-Twitter-Megan-Howell.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/08/k...t-hate-for-michelle-obamas-school-lunch-regs/

----------------------

More than 1 MILLION students stopped buying school lunches due to Michelle Obama’s standards

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...hool-lunch-due-michelle-obamas-stan/?page=all

How is this stupid **** affecting any national policies? She wasn't elected to anything.

The menu at the school her daughters go to is slightly different than the rest of America's schools. Of course these changes are only for the knuckle draggers, not the ruling elite.

Just found out my kids' high school opted out. Sorry Michelle.

The nutrition guidelines don't mean much when they don't/can't serve quality food. That is what needs improved.

My boy wants to go back to regular potato french fries, not those gay *** sweet potato fries. Pretty sure Mooch has created a new wave of anti-Dem voters. Carry on Moochele.

I don't think anyone with an *** that wide has any business telling anyone else what to eat. Regardless, if she was serious she could start by telling her husband to sign some executive orders banning HFCS, corn subsidies, and food additives that make you want to eat more.

Is this like when the Reagan admin said pickle relish is a vegetable? "White-hot hate" indeed.

The nutrition guidelines don't mean much when they don't/can't serve quality food. That is what needs improved.

Hey now! A crappy pre-made plain soyburger and a half of a kiwi is livin' high on the hog! Shoot, kids are prolly nodding off in their afternoon classes from being so stuffed!!

The menu at the school her daughters go to is slightly different than the rest of America's schools. Of course these changes are only for the knuckle draggers, not the ruling elite.

well, The Queen Mother's kids can't be expected to eat like peasant children

Here is what Michelle Obama’s children enjoy for lunch at the Sidwell Friends school attended by her daughters Sasha and Malia. In this particular case the school was paying a tribute to Pearl Harbor Day and the kids feasted on Asian Mushroom Soup, Oriental Noodle Salad, Teriyaki Marinated Chicken Strips, Garlic

sidwell-friends-lunch.jpg

"Meanwhile....Let them eat gruel"

BkTujrNCcAAf8Yy.jpg

BkDn3KwCQAAM2u-.jpg

BiitwccCYAA1Gyx.jpg

the plan would seem to be to get kids to bring their own lunches, thereby making it so schools do not have to provide a lunch.
which would mean there would have to be a committee formed to determine why.
and more money pumped into this.
obviously.

well, The Queen Mother's kids can't be expected to eat like peasant children

Here is what Michelle Obama’s children enjoy for lunch at the Sidwell Friends school attended by her daughters Sasha and Malia. In this particular case the school was paying a tribute to Pearl Harbor Day and the kids feasted on Asian Mushroom Soup, Oriental Noodle Salad, Teriyaki Marinated Chicken Strips, Garlic

sidwell-friends-lunch.jpg

"Meanwhile....Let them eat gruel"

BkTujrNCcAAf8Yy.jpg

BkDn3KwCQAAM2u-.jpg

BiitwccCYAA1Gyx.jpg

Wait, what? They "celebrate" Pearl Harbor Day by serving the food of the ***** that attacked it?

Is this like when the Reagan admin said pickle relish is a vegetable? "White-hot hate" indeed.

I think it was that ketchup is a vegetable. Although, it seems sort of the opposite of now, if you think it through. If you get to. Punt ketchup as a vegetable, it would make it easier to meet whatever requirements the schools have to meet. Silly way to do it, but a possible explanation. The easier method would have been to make the requirements less stringent.

I remember the occurrence, but not the rationale.

Having worked in a school I can testify that the gubmint food in the free lunch program is nasty. It looks and tastes like plastic.

I think it was that ketchup is a vegetable. Although, it seems sort of the opposite of now, if you think it through. If you get to. Punt ketchup as a vegetable, it would make it easier to meet whatever requirements the schools have to meet. Silly way to do it, but a possible explanation. The easier method would have been to make the requirements less stringent.

I remember the occurrence, but not the rationale.

Wait a minute! You can't trick me. Tomatoes are a fruit (ask Supe), a main part of my food triangle. Or are you trying to suggest that adding sugar to a fruit makes it a vegetable?

Wait a minute! You can't trick me. Tomatoes are a fruit (ask Supe), a main part of my food triangle. Or are you trying to suggest that adding sugar to a fruit makes it a vegetable?

I consider bloody Mary to be part of either you vegetable or fruit diet.