• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Migrant crisis in Europe

Of course you are. But don't stop for even a moment to consider what the country would look like if that was in place when our Polish, Italian, German, Hungarian, British, Irish forefathers showed up on America's shores.

At a place called Ellis Island, where they were documented as legal refugees.

Generally, those immigrants who were approved spent from two to five hours at Ellis Island. Arrivals were asked 29 questions including name, occupation, and the amount of money carried. It was important to the American government that the new arrivals could support themselves and have money to get started. The average the government wanted the immigrants to have was between 18 and 25 dollars. Those with visible health problems or diseases were sent home or held in the island's hospital facilities for long periods of time. More than three thousand would-be immigrants died on Ellis Island while being held in the hospital facilities. Some unskilled workers were rejected because they were considered "likely to become a public charge."

My ancestors dint sneak under no fence and pop out no anchor baby to subvert the system. The 14th amendment was never written to protect illegals who produce children after sneaking into this country. It is high time we start protecting our sovereignty and those who say it's too expensive are conveniently forgetting the billions we are now spending to support, house, medicate and incarcerate these interlopers.

Every dime we spend getting illegals out and keeping them out will be money saved in the long run. There's a right way and a wrong way to enter this country and the Libtards can't seem to tell the difference.

Of course you are. But don't stop for even a moment to consider what the country would look like if that was in place when our Polish, Italian, German, Hungarian, British, Irish forefathers showed up on America's shores.

They came in legally and were inspected, detected, neglected, and seelected at Ellis Island before it was determined if we'd let them in and some of them got sent back. Could you imagine if we did that now? Libs would be screaming bloody murder. Again, there is a difference between legal immigrants and illegal immigrants that you Liberals conveniently ignore.

They came in legally and were inspected, detected, neglected, and seelected at Ellis Island before it was determined if we'd let them in and some of them got sent back. Could you imagine if we did that now? Libs would be screaming bloody murder. Again, there is a difference between legal immigrants and illegal immigrants that you Liberals conveniently ignore.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ron Burgundy again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ron Burgundy again.

From 1930 to 1965 we allowed very little legal immigration into this country and the economy grew quite nicely after the war.

See, the anchor babies might be citizens, but their parents are not. Send the parents home. "Oh, but Ark, you are breaking up the family, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!"

Would the parents leave their baby behind to live in foster care? If so, they are breaking up their family, not me. The kid does not become society's problem, because the kid already WAS society's problem along with the parents. Deport the parents, now we have one problem instead of three.

Hell, I'd be all for Mexico setting up a state just across the border for these folks, even if the US pitches in a few dollars (very small percentage of the cost). They could move there, be near the border, set up a society that shows what decent hard working people they are and begin the process of legally immigrating to the US. Problem. Solved. You are welcome.

ark steel said:
2. Increase minimum wage to make some of these jobs "only illegal immigrants will do" be done by legal immigrants and citizens
It ain't hard to find a **** ton of people against this, because it is a dumb "solution" to a problem made already worse by government interference in the market economy, or lack of interference with regards to border control.

Letting in more illegals increases the supply of labor and thus putting a downward pressure on wages. Why is del in favor of lower wages?

Problem here is that (as Trump says) we are not getting the best and brightest. We are getting mostly 1) third world laborers and 2) Muslim soon-to-be terrorists, neither of which want to integrate into American society.

Last edited:
No, I'm talking about uprooting and deporting huge numbers of people who are not American citizens. They are a drain on the economy, not a help, we don't have enough jobs for them, and we don't need them. I don't see why we have to let Mexico and Central America export their unemployment to us. It's not our problem.

....and their crime, diseases, etc.

C'mon Tibs.....speak to the answers to this. Foot in mouth?

See, the anchor babies might be citizens, but their parents are not. Send the parents home. "Oh, but Ark, you are breaking up the family, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!"

Would the parents leave their baby behind to live in foster care? If so, they are breaking up their family, not me. The kid does not become society's problem, because the kid already WAS society's problem along with the parents. Deport the parents, now we have one problem instead of three.

Hell, I'd be all for Mexico setting up a state just across the border for these folks, even if the US pitches in a few dollars (very small percentage of the cost). They could move there, be near the border, set up a society that shows what decent hard working people they are and begin the process of legally immigrating to the US. Problem. Solved. You are welcome.

Suggested the same in another thread. "Fine.....your baby's a citizen......you're not. Leave or take it but GTFO."

People ask how the left leaning folks cannot differentiate between illegal and legal immigration. Until you break it down to the core and look at how they see the poor immigrants...they represent power as potential votes. They are more than likely going to do the most damage in states that have slack voter ID laws..Oh yeah the leftists want to do away with that in states that have recently bolstered their laws.

Fortunately with respect to illegal aliens they cannot pull the wool over a majority of the US Citizen's eyes but the "Republican" representation is still not doing their part to permanently fix this situation for fear of getting a black eye from the media. Not sure why they cater to them anyway because the media will drag them through the mud if they are for it or against it.. They just have to hope their constituents are smart enough to see through it. I think that is why I like Trump (at least at this point). He knows he is not going to win any friends in the media or on the left so he doesn't give a **** what they think. Now if he wins the election and changes his stripes after taking the oath, I say impeach him.

The new arrivals are growing restless and making demands. Sort of a foreshadowing of things to come (or continue) when they are finally given asylum status.

Weird, they're using Libya as the stepping stone to Europe because it's a mess since Khadaffi's gone....more excellent foresight of the obama foreign policy.

Move on nothing to see here, BO is on this climate problem we got.

........................soccerkid.jpg

Why not offer the able bodied men army training for 6-8 weeks, and send them back with weapons to take their country back, supported by the USA NAVY, AirForce, and supplies. I'm thinking thousands would sign up to get their homes back.

Those who go get extra relief for their families in the form of money from the USA.

A win-win I think. Gotta fight ISIS.

Why not offer the able bodied men army training for 6-8 weeks, and send them back with weapons to take their country back, supported by the USA NAVY, AirForce, and supplies. I'm thinking thousands would sign up to get their homes back.

Those who go get extra relief for their families in the form of money from the USA.

A win-win I think. Gotta fight ISIS.

Absolutely not. The thing about giving Muslims training and arms is they always use it against you eventually. Send them food, medicine, and clothing from PRIVATE charities but for the love of God don't arm them. Let Europe deal with ISIS they are closer and it will be Europe's problem long before it is ours.

Absolutely not. The thing about giving Muslims training and arms is they always use it against you eventually. Send them food, medicine, and clothing from PRIVATE charities but for the love of God don't arm them. Let Europe deal with ISIS they are closer and it will be Europe's problem long before it is ours.

Even that doesn't work now, they're throwing the food and water they're given back on the railroad tracks. Not halal I suppose. Fine, **** you, starve then.

Even that doesn't work now, they're throwing the food and water they're given back on the railroad tracks. Not halal I suppose. Fine, **** you, starve then.
Truth is, they are permitted to eat non-halal if it is all there is, or their lives are threatened. So if that's the reason, let the ******* starve.

I hope Europe can keep it somewhat together long enough for us to get out next Saturday. We go to Rome for 3 days starting on Sunday then onto Sorrento for 3 days. We then fly out of Naples on the 26th, transfer in Frankfurt then onto Dulles.

So far we would not know Europe is being overrun except for the news but being in Northern Italy we are not close to the action.

Personally I think ISIS' immediate goal is to destabilize the EU and create as much chaos as possible with a humanitarian crisis then start blowing stuff up randomly. The weird thing is that the barbarians are once again at the castle walls but nobody seems to be doing anything about it. I'm guessing leadership among Western civilized nations is at an all time low across the globe.

Truth is, they are permitted to eat non-halal if it is all there is, or their lives are threatened. So if that's the reason, let the ******* starve.

so their lives are not threatened... makes you wonder why they're in such a goddamn hurry to leave their ******* utopia.

I guess being American I cannot understand leaving your home and not fighting for your property. That whole reason we are armed thing. Why Gov't will never take our guns without a fight and they know it.

I hope Europe can keep it somewhat together long enough for us to get out next Saturday. We go to Rome for 3 days starting on Sunday then onto Sorrento for 3 days. We then fly out of Naples on the 26th, transfer in Frankfurt then onto Dulles.

So far we would not know Europe is being overrun except for the news but being in Northern Italy we are not close to the action.

Personally I think ISIS' immediate goal is to destabilize the EU and create as much chaos as possible with a humanitarian crisis then start blowing stuff up randomly. The weird thing is that the barbarians are once again at the castle walls but nobody seems to be doing anything about it. I'm guessing leadership among Western civilized nations is at an all time low across the globe.

I casually follow Italian politics since I'm Italian and spent two weeks there in 2012 and got hip to Beppe Grillo. Truth is the Italians don't play that **** and when the Muzzies invade Europe it's probably the best place to be. They've been taking in refugees for two years (and bitching about it to the EU) but you don't hear about the Muzzies rioting or being stupid in Italy, have you? There's a reason for that.

The Steelers Bar in Rome is called La Botticella, it's off a side street of Piazza Navona. Get a t-shirt, Italian Terrible Towel, and take your picture with Giovanni the owner.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMM
I casually follow Italian politics since I'm Italian and spent two weeks there in 2012 and got hip to Beppe Grillo. Truth is the Italians don't play that **** and when the Muzzies invade Europe it's probably the best place to be. They've been taking in refugees for two years (and bitching about it to the EU) but you don't hear about the Muzzies rioting or being stupid in Italy, have you? There's a reason for that.

The Steelers Bar in Rome is called La Botticella, it's off a side street of Piazza Navona. Get a t-shirt, Italian Terrible Towel, and take your picture with Giovanni the owner.

The timing of the game might work out perfectly and I think our hotel is near there.

Maybe I have seen too many suspense movies but we were touring one of the biggest churches in the town of Como and I'm always on the lookout for pickpockets, etc when I see a guy who definitely looked middle eastern walk into the church snap off a few photos of the church and walk back out, he was primarily focused on the dome that goes up probably 200'. I walked out afterwards and see him and a buddy/accomplice looking at his phone. They then walked out of the square. Probably was nothing but who knows.