• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Migrant crisis in Europe

The timing of the game might work out perfectly and I think our hotel is near there.

Maybe I have seen too many suspense movies but we were touring one of the biggest churches in the town of Como and I'm always on the lookout for pickpockets, etc when I see a guy who definitely looked middle eastern walk into the church snap off a few photos of the church and walk back out, he was primarily focused on the dome that goes up probably 200'. I walked out afterwards and see him and a buddy/accomplice looking at his phone. They then walked out of the square. Probably was nothing but who knows.

Most of the street vendors in Rome (they call them gypsies) are middle eastern men and refugees from Iran or Iraq. We never had any problems with pickpockets but I did use a neck wallet that hangs around your neck and under your shirt for my money, credit cards, and a COPY of my passport. Keep your passport in a safe place in your room and just carry a photocopy on your person. Basically with the street vendors just say "No, grazie" and keep walking. Again, it is curious that you see a lot of Muslim men but almost no Muslim women. Islam is actually not an officially recognized religion in Italy.

If you use public transit in Rome it is considered rude to talk loudly (as we Americans tend to do), Italians don't have space issues when the bus gets crowded so get used to it, and men get up to give their seat to a lady if there are no seats. Exception being elderly men. Your ATM card will work in a Bancomat in Italy if you haven't figured that out yet. The average woman in Rome on a bus or scooter on her way to work is dressed to the nines and stunningly beautiful, that is simply how it's done there, so keep your sunglasses handy assuming the wife is with you.

Every restaurant is good but if you can find one called Rotunda, I don't remember specifically where it is, it was incredible.

The gelato shop next to Trevi Fountain was the beauty salon where Audrey Hepburn got her hair cut in the movie "Roman Holiday".

Last edited:
Reactions: JMM
My opinion of anchor babies is not strip their citizenship. Just send their parents back across the border like the law says. Illegal is illegal.

When the child is old enough or willing to live with legal immigrants, relatives or on his own, he's a citizen and we'll be here for him. But the logic behind allowing illegal immigrants to stay in this country because they had a baby makes no sense.

In this case, throwing the baby out with the bath water might not be a bad metaphor.

Again, the debate of a "wall" by the Republican right is being politicized by the left as some draconian change. All most logical citizens (including many of the candidates) want is to enforce the laws of immigration we have on the books NOW. This is the current INA law:

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/how-united-states-immigration-system-works-fact-sheet

Why can't THIS be enforced? What is the ******* problem? If the law is unenforceable, either fix the law or fix the enforcement. The Republicans seem to think a "Wall" will help enforce this law. The Democrats seem to want to change the law, but they never really come out and say that or if they change the law how they will deal with illegals then.

I think the whole left/right thing is really clouding up the issue. One of the reason this issue is working for RINO Trump is that it's kind of easy issue to take a side on. There's a law, enforce it.

My opinion of anchor babies is not strip their citizenship. Just send their parents back across the border like the law says. Illegal is illegal.

When the child is old enough or willing to live with legal immigrants, relatives or on his own, he's a citizen and we'll be here for him. But the logic behind allowing illegal immigrants to stay in this country because they had a baby makes no sense.

In this case, throwing the baby out with the bath water might not be a bad metaphor.

Again, the debate of a "wall" by the Republican right is being politicized by the left as some draconian change. All most logical citizens (including many of the candidates) want is to enforce the laws of immigration we have on the books NOW. This is the current INA law:

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/how-united-states-immigration-system-works-fact-sheet

Why can't THIS be enforced? What is the ******* problem? If the law is unenforceable, either fix the law or fix the enforcement. The Republicans seem to think a "Wall" will help enforce this law. The Democrats seem to want to change the law, but they never really come out and say that or if they change the law how they will deal with illegals then.

I think the whole left/right thing is really clouding up the issue. One of the reason this issue is working for RINO Trump is that it's kind of easy issue to take a side on. There's a law, enforce it.

I think the "wall" is not just the physical wall, although that should help. It could involve technology, a physical wall, more patrol and, most definitely, more enforcement. The two big issues on enforcement is to actively prosecute those who hire illegals, unless they can show they received forged documents, actually deport those caught illegally crossing, actively deport those who are caught after they have successfully crossed, especially, if they were arrested for other crimes and actively assist local police with handling illegals. Local police arrest someone they think is illegal, they have somewhat local ICE people who will come and verify legal status and begin the deportation process if needed. Local police are, immediately, relieved of further administration and local jails/prisons are not overburdened by illegal immigrants.

Part of the enforcement can be done by removing some overseas bases (like in Germany) and putting those personnel on bases along the border where they can, you know, protect the US...crazy, I know.

Also, actively track those here on visas. The day their visa expires, they are picked up and sent home. No reason anyone on a visa should be in the country for more than a day or so after it expires. If there is some administration snafu holding it up, they can go to their embassy and wait there without leaving or go home while waiting.

STOP, STOP, STOP trying to make the phrase "illegal immigrant" a racist phrase. It is an apt description for a set of people and does not refer to race. They are NOT undocumented citizens, undocumented immigrants, they have committed a crime and are, therefore, illegal.

we built the panama canal.
we can build a texi-cali canal.

filled with sharks, alligators, floating mines and Hitlery's dried old tampons. have some ex-military stand guard (one every 50 feet) with AR-15s with laser sights and night optics. patrol with armed helicopters and speed boats. always have 10-12 pontoons throwing chum into the water.

make the American side smooth with imported marble and extend the marble 100 feet below the surface.

get past all that and you get a citizenship on the spot and a blowjob from katherine webb.

Situation this afternoon at the Hungarian border with Serbia

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=a60a4c95e99e" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=9ef97435fece" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the migrants act like thugs no one in Europe is going to want them. Resorting to violence. Throwing things at police.

That's the last way to make them open their borders and convince their populace you should be able to find asylum.

I listened to the Hungarian foreign minister (or something like that who represents the government's opinion on this) on NPR yesterday. He made some good points. Once these refugees left Syria (and let's say they are in Turkey), are they still under "threat of violence" that defines a refugee in the first place? They haven't been under threat of persecution or violence for almost 1000 miles of their journey so why are they still considered refugees? Why can't they just stay in Turkey? How many countries do they have to hop-skip-and-jump through before they're not a refugee and instead are an immigrant?

It's an embarrassment that countries like Saudi Arabia and the rest of OPEC haven't opened their border to allow the refugees in, but we're condemning Hungary? That makes sense?

Last edited:
Trojan Horse....