• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Military couple has to move wedding because of Obama golf

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
What piece of ****.

Army Couple Relocates Wedding for Obama Golf Game

A couple getting married near President Barack Obama's vacation spot in Hawaii learned the hard way that the big day rarely goes exactly as planned.

The bride and groom — both U.S. Army captains — were scheduled to tie the knot Sunday at Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course, a military course with ocean views near Obama's rented vacation home in Kailua.

But on Saturday, they were told they'd have to move their wedding away from the 16th hole because Obama and his friends planned to golf.

http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-army-couple-relocates/2014/12/29/id/615392/#ixzz3NJSSPk96

I wonder if he took particular pleasure ******* up a military couple's wedding.

Contrast this with the Bush admin - http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...never-left-d-c-until-the-day-after-christmas/

“[H]ere’s the thing: In December, we never left Washington, D.C., until the day after Christmas. Never. Mr. Bush and his wife, Laura, would always depart the White House a few days before the holiday and hunker down at Camp David, the presidential retreat in Maryland,” Curl wrote in a 2013 column that was republished Thursday.

After a few years, curiosity finally got to the former Washington Times reporter and he asked a low-level administration official why.

“I still remember what she said,” Curl wrote. “’So all of us can be with our families on Christmas.’”

“Who was ‘us’? Hundreds and hundreds of people, that’s who. Sure, the reporters who covered the president, but also dozens and dozens on his staff, 100 Secret Service agents, maybe more, and all of those city cops required whenever the president’s on the move in D.C.,” Curl added in his column.

However, things seemingly changed when Obama took office.

“[T]his president would never delay his trip to his island getaway. He’s off every year well before Christmas. Hundreds and hundreds head off with him, leaving family behind,” Curl wrote.

“No Christmas at home,” he added. “Instead, the Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort. Nice, but not exactly home.”

He's a complete douche bag,but that's nothing new.

Reagan did the same thing, i.e., spending Christmas in D.C. so that the secret service and White House staff could spend Christmas with their families.

Although President Reagan could have spent his White House Christmases with family at his beloved ranch in Santa Barbara, Calif., he instead stayed in Washington, D.C. This way, his sacrifice allowed Secret Service agents and other aides to spend Christmas at home with their families.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/ronald-reagans-timeless-christmas-gift/#hhrs3dwtgQUkb68p.99

What a colossal *******. **** him and his stupid golf game.

I will never understand this kind Obama bashing. All Presidents do this kind of ****. When the president travels, businesses have to shut down, flights are delayed, a great many people are inconvenienced. That is true of all presidents, not just this one.

Outrage over this is just silly.

I will never understand this kind Obama bashing. All Presidents do this kind of ****. When the president travels, businesses have to shut down, flights are delayed, a great many people are inconvenienced. That is true of all presidents, not just this one.

Guess you didn't bother reading any of the above links Skippy.

I would wager there was a call from Obama's staff to the club. I will bet that when the club informed the presidential staff of the wedding the club was told to change the wedding. Such things are scheduled months in advance and there is no way the SSPD and Obamas staff didn't call and check and weren't informed.

Something I just noticed....the wedding was at a military base's golf course....is that the ONLY course Obama could play on that day? Surely there are other courses on Hawaii.....

Here's the thing, let's say I believe the story that the MSM gave last night that Mr. Obama knew nothing about it and was sorry it occurred,
He needs to do something for this couple other than saying ooops, my bad.
Lets see if he does the right thing and throws the couple a reception for them on his dime, for example.

I'm not holding my breath, but he does need to make it up to them in some way.

I would wager there was a call from Obama's staff to the club. I will bet that when the club informed the presidential staff of the wedding the club was told to change the wedding. Such things are scheduled months in advance and there is no way the SSPD and Obamas staff didn't call and check and weren't informed.

Actually the club took it upon itself to make other arrangements for the wedding. Upon finding out, Obama personally called the couple to apologize.

Actually the club took it upon itself to make other arrangements for the wedding. Upon finding out, Obama personally called the couple to apologize.

Yeh, I read about this earlier and the couple's wedding planner was warned in advance about this possibility. The wedding was moved to a location overlooking the course owned by an officer. The new site was considered a better view and close enough to be a minimal inconvenience

Still, anyone planning an event at the course when the president may be in town is warned about the potential for last-minute shuffling, said Naile Brennan, manager of K Bay Catering, which was handling logistics for the wedding. Brennan said they had other sites ready to go, and the couple ended up choosing the lush, green lawn near the home of Colonel Eric Schaefer, the commanding officer of the base, which offers an elevated view near the 16th hole.

“It's much prettier and much nicer venue unless you're an avid golfer,” Brennan said. “It's more secluded and there are no golfers yelling, 'Fore!'”

View attachment 977.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ocate-wedding-to-accommodate-obamas-golf-game

I'll reserve my criticism of this POS ******* for things he is responsible for that are a little more important than moving a wedding that knew in advance it may be moved.

View attachment 980 ...........View attachment 979

Last edited:
Something I just noticed....the wedding was at a military base's golf course....is that the ONLY course Obama could play on that day? Surely there are other courses on Hawaii.....

There are ENDLESSS golf courses there. I've played on some of them. It's bullshit he had to play on this one.

I'm surprised we were all able to understand you there, considering your mouth being so full of Obama's nuts and all.

Let me re-quote Steeltime, since you CLEARLY overlooked it before writing this drivel.

Reagan did the same thing, i.e., spending Christmas in D.C. so that the secret service and White House staff could spend Christmas with their families.

Although President Reagan could have spent his White House Christmases with family at his beloved ranch in Santa Barbara, Calif., he instead stayed in Washington, D.C. This way, his sacrifice allowed Secret Service agents and other aides to spend Christmas at home with their families.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/ron...dwtgQUkb68p.99

The difference is Reagan was a Christian. Obama is a Muslim terrorist who doesn't give a **** about Christmas.

The difference is Reagan was a Christian. Obama is a Muslim terrorist who doesn't give a **** about Christmas.

.........View attachment 993.........

President Obama's Secret Service detail told two U.S. Army officers to relocate their wedding ceremony at a golf club in Hawaii to accommodate his golf round. He's not all about golf. Last April when Obama got word that Russia seized the Crimea, he asked the next three groups if he could play through.

President Obama bumped a wedding between two Army officers from the Marine Golf Course in Hawaii because he was playing there. The couple got married just in time. At the rate President Obama's been wielding executive power, by the spring he'd have insisted on the Right of the First Night.

View attachment 1011

Last edited:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-bride-groom-hawaii-wedding-article-1.2059496

From these pictures, it looks like the site they got stuck with, ruined their wedding. Luckily the call from the President to apologize made their day.
Wedding in Hawaii and a call from the President of the United States, not much of a memory there. They were probably too upset to even have
sex that evening.

Never mind that the whole fiasco points to an institutional arrogance in the Obama Regime and a staggering level of Hubris.

A president uses a military base course, because a level of security is present. I'm sure he would like to play some private courses,
but it would cost the taxpayer more in setting up the appropriate security. If he selected a private course to avoid the wedding and
it in turn cost the taxpayer more, you'd be complaining about that.

I'm beginning to think conservatives favorite beverage is: whine. Oops, sorry, wine.

A president uses a military base course, because a level of security is present. I'm sure he would like to play some private courses,
but it would cost the taxpayer more in setting up the appropriate security. If he selected a private course to avoid the wedding and

I'm beginning to think conservatives favorite beverage is: whine. Oops, sorry, wine.

I'm sure he plays far too much golf.

Of course Liberals have no problem with this.

Only an assmunch would make a couple move their wedding so he could get a round of golf in - let alone the fact that these are his soldiers.