• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock this Mock

FordFairLane

Reaction score

#17- Broderick Jones OT Georgia
If Jones is here at 17 we would be lucky. No way he lasts to 31.

#32- Jack Campbell ILB Iowa
I wouldn't be upset with Sanders as he has a huge upside but Campbell is steady Eddie and has a very high floor. Pick you guy I wouldn't be upset with either.

#49- Dawand Jones OT OSU
I wanted to be different but I just can't with such a steal this late. I think we kick Moore to LG and have Dotson as the swing guard, Chuks as the swing tackle(release in 2024) and JC as our backup center and emergency guard. That is a stud line with tons of depth.

#80- Siaka Ika DT Baylor

#120- YaYa Diaby Edge Louisville
Elite physical ability and had a huge 2022 season with 14 TFL and 9 sacks.

#236- Kei'Trel Clarl CB Louisville
Probably just a slot/Nickel CB but gives off that Mike Hilton vibe.

#241(they messed up)- Colby Wooden DL Auburn
3 Technique DL who has 29 TFL and 14 sacks over the last three seasons in the SEC. No chance he is here this late unless he gets injured.

This is a good mock draft , but there is little chance B Jones will be there at pick #17, and little chance Ika lasts to pick #80. I like D Jones a lot, but watch his amount of flags he gets. But the man can run block a ton. Watch his film and senior bowl practice. A RT only prospect. We aren't drafting both tackles in round one and two.

This is a good mock draft , but there is little chance B Jones will be there at pick #17, and little chance Ika lasts to pick #80. I like D Jones a lot, but watch his amount of flags he gets. But the man can run block a ton. Watch his film and senior bowl practice. A RT only prospect. We aren't drafting both tackles in round one and two.
I see you didn't mock the mock but full of opinions.

If the BPA in 1 and 2 is LT and RT they should take them or trade out of the spot

17-Myles Murphy EDGE/Clemson

#32-Darnell Wright OT/Tennessee

#49-Darius Rush CB/South Carolina

#80- Zach Harrison EDGE/Ohio State

#120-Ilber Noah Sewell/Oregon

#236-Keondre Coburn DL/Texas

#241 Michael Jefferson WR/Louisiana

Last edited:
The draft is a crap shoot. I agree there isn't a great chance Broderick falls to #17 but I have seen stranger things happen on draft day. Dawand fits Pat Meyers blocking scheme perfectly. He wants guys to attack and punch then counter punch. Both Broderick and Dawand have heavy hands and should flourish in that blocking system. Ika had a bad combine and I personally think 80 is high for him. I think he could for to us at 120 to be honest.

1.17 Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
-The Steelers have decent cornerbacks and I think if one falls, they'll try to take one of these highly-rated prospects. Banks will fit in nicely with this defense.

2.32 Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
-I wanted to go Darnell Wright here because he seems like the leader in the locker room type offensive lineman, but there are two open spots at ILB and Campbell is going to be a very good player for a long time.

2.49 Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
-Not a bad spot to get Harrison. Not sure if he starts year one, but is a future starter.

3.80 Siaki Ika, DL, Baylor
-A lack of depth on the defensive line, he was the best available at this point. Early down run stuffer.

4.120 Parker Washington, WR, Penn State
-Tough slot receiver to help move the chains. Depth isn't particularly good beyond the top two receivers.

7.236 Brent Laing, IOL, Minnesota-Duluth
-Taking a chance on a small school lineman.

7.241 Colby Wooden, DL, Auburn
-You sold me, Ford.

#17- Broderick Jones OT Georgia
If Jones is here at 17 we would be lucky. No way he lasts to 31.

#32- Jack Campbell ILB Iowa
I wouldn't be upset with Sanders as he has a huge upside but Campbell is steady Eddie and has a very high floor. Pick you guy I wouldn't be upset with either.

#49- Dawand Jones OT OSU
I wanted to be different but I just can't with such a steal this late. I think we kick Moore to LG and have Dotson as the swing guard, Chuks as the swing tackle(release in 2024) and JC as our backup center and emergency guard. That is a stud line with tons of depth.

#80- Siaka Ika DT Baylor

#120- YaYa Diaby Edge Louisville
Elite physical ability and had a huge 2022 season with 14 TFL and 9 sacks.

#236- Kei'Trel Clarl CB Louisville
Probably just a slot/Nickel CB but gives off that Mike Hilton vibe.

#241(they messed up)- Colby Wooden DL Auburn
3 Technique DL who has 29 TFL and 14 sacks over the last three seasons in the SEC. No chance he is here this late unless he gets injured.

I would take this and smile a MILE wide.!!!

Those two OTs would be enough to make this a great draft. Add in Cambell and it’s over the top.

I think Campbell will be gone, but I also think Sanders will be had for our 3rd round pick.

Salute the nation

17-Myles Murphy EDGE/Clemson

#32-Darnell Wright OT/Tennessee

#49-Darius Rush CB/South Carolina

#80- Zach Harrison EDGE/Ohio State

#120-Ilber Noah Sewell/Oregon

#236-Keondre Coburn DL/Texas

#241 Michael Jefferson WR/Louisiana

I’ll have to investigate Myles Murphy, my limited time hasn’t afforded me to stay on top of things.

As you know I really want OL trench, combined with DL trench.

This mock definitely addresses the NEEDS of the team, thank you.

Salute the nation

And that is the point of a mock. You have to pick the players that are available after the picks made by the author. Of course no mock by any 1 person will be accurate this far out with player evaluations, but they'll get tighter in mid April on player stock and have the slotted closer to their true value by then.

1.17 Joey Porter Jr. CB, Penn State
-Originally was going Branch, but Skinner was available in the 4th, so i'm going with a tall physical corner who can also help in the run game.

2.32 Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
-I liked him in my last mock, so I'll grab him here.

2.49 Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
-No brainer. He's slid a bit, but his value is great here.

3.80 Siaki Ika, NT, Baylor
-I see him going 1st 2nd rounds on a lot of mocks, this is too good to pass up.

4.120 JL Skinner, SS, Boise ST
- My second favorite SS in the draft behind Branch, and I can get him in the 4th. It made me redraft Branch in the 1st!

7.236 Aidan O'Connell, QB, Purdue
- Great production in a big conference. I don't think he'll last till the 7th, but would love him as a backup. Similiar size and skillset to KP, and you don't want to change the offense when a new QB comes in, so he's my guy.

7.241 Colby Wooden, DL, Auburn
-Spot on Ford

And that is the point of a mock. You have to pick the players that are available after the picks made by the author. Of course no mock by any 1 person will be accurate this far out with player evaluations, but they'll get tighter in mid April on player stock and have the slotted closer to their true value by then.
You do know he will retain absolutely zero of what you just said right?

You are better off just patting him on his head and sending him on his way.

Here boy move along 👋👋👋

7.236 Aidan O'Connell, QB, Purdue
- Great production in a big conference. I don't think he'll last till the 7th, but would love him as a backup. Similiar size and skillset to KP, and you don't want to change the offense when a new QB comes in, so he's my guy.
Did you watch O'Connell at the combine? Daniel Jeremiah was all over Stroud, who is my top QB this year, but he couldn't hold O'Connell's jock strap during the passing drills. O'Connell was dropping dimes out there. The one drill is a throw to the right and the route looked to be a fade. Like they were pretending that a DB is on the receivers hip and you as the QB need to get enough air under it to get it over the shoulder of the WR and drop it right on the out of bounds line. Probably 35ish yards in the air but the placement is what is important as if you under throw it the DB has a play on the ball. If you over throw it your receiver doesn't have a shot at it. O'Connell hit 2 of his 3 and his miss was just out of the reach of the receiver. And that is ok because the entire point of the throw is to take the DB out of the equation. Stroud under threw 2 of 3 but because no DB is there his guy caught it. Mr. Jeremiah nearly creamed his pants and I am looking at that as 2 potential interceptions. O'Connell would have been 2 of 3 in real life. I would not be upset at all if we snagged him as a developmental backup for 2023 and then let him move to #2 in 2024.

Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern

Darnell Washington
    TE Georgia

Gervon Dexter
    DT Florida

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

Will McDonald IV
    EDGE Iowa State

Jerome Carvin
    OG Tennessee

Camren McDonald
    TE Florida State

I went BPA in my opinion on every round up to pick 234. total guess on the last 2 picks. campbell at 80 wont happen

17. Bryan Bresee, DE, Clemson

32. Julius Brents, CB, Kansas St.

49. Sydney Brown, S, Illinois

80. Ricky Stromberg, C, Oklahoma

120. Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan St.

236. Aidan O'Connell, QB, Purdue

241. Jeremy Banks, LB, Tennessee

With hindsight:
1.17 Joey Porter Jr. CB.
2.32 John Michael Schmitz, meet your new franchise C that can also play G as a plug and play rookie.
2.49 Anton Harrison, future franchise LT
3.80 Siaki Ika, anchor NT
4.120 Noah Sewell, this is a bargain I cant pass up, ILB

* 80. Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas

I initially had Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma at 80 but forgot to change Oklahoma to Arkansas.

* 80. Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas

I initially had Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma at 80 but forgot to change Oklahoma to Arkansas.
you can use the Edit button when this happens (y). I use it all the time

Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern

Darnell Washington
    TE Georgia

Gervon Dexter
    DT Florida

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

Will McDonald IV
    EDGE Iowa State

Jerome Carvin
    OG Tennessee

Camren McDonald
    TE Florida State
I went BPA in my opinion on every round up to pick 234. total guess on the last 2 picks. campbell at 80 wont happen
FYI Skoronski goes #13, Washington goes #28, Jack Cambell goes #43, Dexter goes #48, McDonald goes #42,

17- Cyrus Torrence- immediate starter
32- Darnell Wright immediate starter
49 Keeanu Benton
80 BJ ojulari
120- Jordan Battle.

17. Broderick Jones OT Too good to pass up
32. Julius Brents CB Big, physical, productive, can match up with Chase and Cooper
49. Keanu Benton DL Very productive, excellent size, arm length, makes defensive line better RIGHT NOW
80. Owen Pappoe LB Devin Bush speed but likes to hit, attacks running plays
120. Jayden Reed WR Good size, great hands, decent speed. Perfect Y receiver
236. Keondre Coburn DT Perfect 0 tech DL. Adding Benton as a 5-tech and Coburn at 0 improves DL massively
243. Aiden O'Connell QB Know nothing about him but FFL's argument convincing. I'm in.