• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

More Evidence JFK was Assassinated (by the CIA likely)

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
I never knew there was a 2nd film. Appears there was. Wow. It shows the infamous grassy knoll. Having been to Dealy Plaza, I can tell you if a sniper were sitting on that knoll anywhere, a 12 year old could have made that shot. You can't believe how compact the whole plaza is. Fascinating stuff.

Feds hid JFK film that could prove ‘grassy knoll’ conspiracy: lawsuit​

nix-film-featured.jpg

A 60-year-old home movie could finally reveal whether multiple shooters, and not a lone gunman, assassinated President John F. Kennedy – but the federal government has been hiding it for decades, according to an explosive new lawsuit.

The heirs of Orville Nix, a Dallas maintenance man who recorded the moment of Kennedy’s death with his home-movie camera, have tried for years to get his original film back from the government’s clutches.

“It would be very significant if the original Nix film surfaced today,” said Jefferson Morley, author of “The Ghost” and other books about the CIA.

With recent advances in digital image processing, the original film “would essentially be a new piece of evidence,” Morley explained. “There’s a significant loss in quality between the first and second generation” of an analog film like Nix’s.

Nix’s clip, unlike the better known film shot by Abraham Zapruder, was taken from the center of Dealey Plaza as the presidential limousine drove into an ambush on Elm Street in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963.

NYPICHPDPICT000011675716.jpg

Orville Nix’s film captured Jackie Kennedy’s frantic chase after a piece of her husband’s shattered skull after a bullet struck his head.

It provides the only known unobstructed view of the infamous “grassy knoll” at the time of the fatal shot – the area where, some researchers claim, additional snipers were concealed.

Nix’s original film was last examined in 1978 by photo experts hired by the House Select Committee on Assassinations.

Based in part on that analysis, the panel concluded that Kennedy “was probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy” and that “two gunmen” likely fired at him.

But the technology of the time left the experts in doubt about whether Nix’s movie captured those alleged marksmen — and the complete, original film disappeared without a trace. Only imperfect copies remain, including one that flashed on theater screens in Oliver Stone’s “JFK.”

Forty-five years later, computer-enhanced analysis of the original frames could at last solve the mystery, spurring the Nixes back to court after their 2015 lawsuit was dismissed by a different tribunal that lacked jurisdiction in the matter.

The new suit, a 52-page filing in the US Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C., is loaded with dozens of documents that meticulously trace the winding path taken by the original film since Nix created it

In 1963, the UPI press agency paid Nix $5,000 – about $50,000 today – for a 25-year license. Nix handed over his reel, which UPI promised to return in 1988.

When Nix died in 1972, the rights passed to his wife and son. They were never notified when the House Special Committee on Assassinations subpoenaed the original film from UPI in 1978.

The lawsuit details the government’s startlingly sloppy handling of the priceless piece of American history from that point on, chronicling patchy documentation and lax security.

It also alleges that officials at the National Archives and Records Administration have repeatedly lied to the family, claiming never to have had the “out-of-camera original” film in their possession.

But the filing presents newly uncovered evidence that the HSCA’s photo analysts delivered Nix’s original film directly to NARA in 1978, once their work on it was complete.

The Nixes are seeking $29.7 million in compensatory damages, along with the release of the film.

But time could be running out, a prominent photo expert said.

“The Nix film is at or near the end of its lifespan,” said Kenneth Castleman, a former NASA senior scientist who analyzed photos for the official investigations of the Challenger and Columbia disasters and studied the Nix film in the early 1970s.

“Modern image processing should be done,” Castleman told The Post.

“Working directly from the original, assuming it’s still in good shape, might reveal data that is not visible on the copies,” he added. “There are new techniques to bring up detail in an image that might possibly bring out new information that was not visible previously.”

In 1973, Castleman conducted an extensive analysis of one element seen in Nix’s film, the Dealey Plaza pergola, that some believe shows a marksman with a raised rifle.

NYPICHPDPICT000011675726.jpg

Assassination researchers point to three objects on the grassy knoll, all captured in the Nix film, that could show evidence of Kennedy’s real killers. Photo expert Kenneth Castleman, who analyzed this pattern in the early 1970s, found it to be a set of passing shadows.
NYPICHPDPICT000011675722.jpg

The House Select Committee on Assassinations, which dubbed this portion of the Nix film a “feature of interest,” could not rule out that it showed a hidden person.

That element, dubbed a “controversial aspect” by the HSCA, “was definitely not a person. It was actually just three bright spots that appear in some frames,” Castleman said. He has “no expectation that further analysis of the Nix film will change that result.”

But researchers have pointed to two other locations — one at the edge of a retaining wall, and another behind the picket fence at the top of the grassy knoll — that remain suspicious.

“Digitizing the original film with modern equipment and analyzing the data with modern image processing techniques could possibly bring out interesting new detail,” Castleman said.

The original film could shed important light on other aspects of the assassination as well, Morley said.

“It might tell us more about the impact of the shots on Kennedy’s body, both the first shots and the fatal shot,” he said. “And I think it would.”

The Kennedy assassination remains “an open wound for our country,” said a source familiar with the new lawsuit. “This film could finally prove – or disprove – the official government conclusion.”

"We still need to keep JFK assassination materials classified because revealing them could expose CI ... uhh, FBI assets that are now 60 years old. In other words, there's a 91-year old guy who is still providing valuable CI ... uhh, FBI information."
- The CI ... FBI

I have no doubt that there was a conspiracy behind all of this. The 60s were ******* wild.

That said, what was Kennedy's "original" route that day when he was to pass Dealey Plaza? He was supposed to have gone down Main Street to Stemmons Freeway. That was altered to go down Elm Street to Stemmons Freeway, since there's no access to Stemmons Freeway via Main Street. There was a concrete barrier between Elm and Main - still is per Google Earth.

My questions - why was he shot at Dealey Plaza, allegedly from the Book Depository? Obviously someone could have shot him from there, blended in with the chaos that would have ensued and gotten away. Plus, less likely to have someone see the shooter(s). But, it seems a bit of a risk to take from there. If they were intent on assassinating him - and "they" being a well-funded, well-informed group of people - seems the shooting could have been better done at Martyrs Park or even on the railroad overpass as the car approached or went by.

The shooting itself wouldn't have been terribly difficult to pull off from any of those vantage points. Getting away would have been the key to it all. Having a patsy would be paramount to the entire plan, OBVIOUSLY.

And while that's not an overly difficult shot from the Book Depository, it would have been much easier from the railroad overpass or Martyrs Park given the distance between the motorcade and those vantage points. A group plotting the assassination would want 100% success either way. As such, there would have to be redundancy in place. So maybe there were shooters located elsewhere past Dealey Plaza?

A group plotting the assassination would want 100% success either way. As such, there would have to be redundancy in place. So maybe there were shooters located elsewhere past Dealey Plaza?

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Highly likely there were (my guess).

And while that's not an overly difficult shot from the Book Depository ...

I read that Oswald was right-handed. The cars passed from his left to his right from that window. To get the shot after the motorcade passed by the window (as claimed), he would have had to lean out the window as a right-hander to get the shot. Just think about the set-up and you get what I mean - the car is now 50+ yards past the window to the right. You are right-handed and want to line up a shot from a window parallel to the motorcade route, at a target now 150' or more to your right.

The angle is actually pretty difficult.

I walked around that area. been in the book depository building. been to the grassy knoll. there were so many places to shoot him from. could have been 1 guy could have been a gang. sure would have been easier from other locations than the depository

Does make you wonder who really runs the world.

It for sure ain’t world leaders as advertised. If you know too much they off you or cancel culture you out.

I have long argued that even the grassy knoll shot doesn't work.
A gnoll / fence shooter would have been to Kennedy's right, obviously.
Having been to the knoll the proposed spot by the fence in relation to the actual spot where Kennedy was struck is not a tremendously sharp angle.
That means that if a fence shooter from the proposed spot had shot at Kennedy, it would have hit him more in the right side of the head and traversed through toward the left side. (Toward Jackie.)
Instead, we see what appears to be a trajectory that enters the front right side and (allegedly) exits the rear right to middle.
Now, the skull may have altered the trajectory, the wound placement may have been bull, or there may have been shooters ahead to Kennedy's right and above, but at a more direct rather than lateral angle.
Or, I may just be crazy.

The only way a gnoll shot works is if JFK's head is turned sharply to his right and lowered, which the Z film and Moorman photo doesn't support, imo. In fact I think JFK's head is turned the OPPOSITE way based on the photo.

Indeed, if you look at the Moorman photo and pre-suppose the "badge man", the trajectory really goes right through JFK to Jackie.

Now, the skull may have altered the trajectory, the wound placement may have been bull, or there may have been shooters ahead to Kennedy's right and above, but at a more direct rather than lateral angle.
Or, I may just be crazy.
tenor.gif

Ultimately, a number of both professional and amateur sharp shooters were able to reproduce the shoot. Some even did better than Oswald allegedly did. However, the conditions were much better, with much less stress.

And again, trajectory is key. Unless it's a glancing blow to the head which none of the pathology supports, Oswald would have hit Kennedy higher in the head and it would have come out lower toward the front of his face.
However, the Mormon photo does show. Kennedy's head tilted downward and to the left which would to some degree support a shot from behind not necessarily from where Oswald was at, but from the Dal Tex building where one would have a bit more of a straight angle. But you know, weird things happen when you fire a gun. I can accept that trajectories can be altered by bone and mass etc.

Last edited:
This video is never shown.
This is JFK leaving the airport that day.
My brother did presidential security when he was enlisted in the Marines.
After watching this video he said, "I'm not the conspiracy nut you are, but telling you standard operating procedure - that would have never happened. There are two empty spots for agents to be standing/crouching on the limo while it's in motion, and more agents running alongside the limo. There is no reason they would be called off. There is no reason they would abandon their designated posts........unless their superior called them off. And that is what you saw on that video. One subordinate questioned it for a second and was quickly silenced and told to follow orders. That limo was purposely left overexposed for an attack. There is no other explanation for what we just watched."

Last edited:
You don't have to be a conspiracy nut to believe that there were number of very weird things going on before and during the JFK's assassination and even more weird things after. You'd have to be a nut to not see that there was a lot of weirdness going on.

I know this is from the movie but these facts have been corroborated. Plus, it's the best scene in the flick imo.

This video is never shown.
This is JFK leaving the airport that day.
My brother did presidential security when he was enlisted in the Marines.
After watching this video he said, "I'm not the conspiracy nut you are, but telling you standard operating procedure - that would have never happened. There are two empty spots for agents to be standing/crouching on the limo while it's in motion, and more agents running alongside the limo. There is no reason they would be called off. There is no reason they would abandon their designated posts........unless their superior called them off. And that is what you saw on that video. One subordinate questioned it for a second and was quickly silenced and told to follow orders. That limo was purposely left overexposed for an attack. There is no other explanation for what we just watched."

That footage has always freaked me out. The agents waving their hands up in frustration? Like...wtf is going on here?

I still believe Oswald thought he was PREVENTING (and believed he had) the assassination.

I still believe Oswald thought he was PREVENTING (and believed he had) the assassination.
I dont know what to believe. I am not a conspiracy guy but why not let the public know the truth 60 years later.

I think Oswald was a shooter but not the only shooter.
I dont know what to believe. I am not a conspiracy guy but why not let the public know the truth 60 years later.
To protect the CIA in particular and the government in general.