• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Most important point of Preseason games

So what is the most important aspect of preseason games in your opinion?

• Winning the game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Getting the starters ready

• Experimenting with scheme and system changes

• Entertaining the fans

• Other

• Total voters

madinsomniac

Reaction score
There are a multitude of things a preseason game can be used for... what is the biggest thing to worry about?

Injuries and then camp battles

I think figuring out guys in situations early is key. I don’t think the final score is as important as what is actually being worked on. The past couple of games were an example of figuring things out. Points would’ve been nice-but installing a new offense with new pieces does take time and patience. I’m glad they drove down the field for touchdowns with both Russ and Fields reps. I think Russ will be fine. After all, he did beat both Mahomes and Allen last season. I feel Arthur Smith will now how to take advantage of Russ’s ability.

Considering how many starters don't even play, I suppose it's not getting starters ready for the regular season. Instead I went with prepping the young players for game action.

I think figuring out guys in situations early is key. I don’t think the final score is as important as what is actually being worked on. The past couple of games were an example of figuring things out. Points would’ve been nice-but installing a new offense with new pieces does take time and patience. I’m glad they drove down the field for touchdowns with both Russ and Fields reps. I think Russ will be fine. After all, he did beat both Mahomes and Allen last season. I feel Arthur Smith will now how to take advantage of Russ’s ability.
Your assuming the regular season it won't be Shades calling the shots like last year. We will see. It could be different.

Considering how many starters don't even play, I suppose it's not getting starters ready for the regular season. Instead I went with prepping the young players for game action.
Yep you have to figure out the puzzle. Who starts who backs up what are we missing? As with the vets you know they are capable . You have practice to sharpen the iron if they don’t fluff it up.