• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Muslim Brotherhood Flees Londonistan

It is a massively difficult thing to get your head around how ordinary people allowed the Holocaust. the German people were ordinary people just like us, and if we don't believe that they will be doing to them what they did to the Jews, ascribing a racist characteristic just to Germans that is unique to them. We should all be grown-up enough to know that it was humanity doing it to another parcel of humanity. There are examples of it in our lifetime include Rwanda etc... where massacres of quite extraordinary brutality take place. And for each one of these genocidal moments it was preceded by language used again and again and again to dehumanize the person that had to be killed in the political eyes of their enemies. In the 1930s the Jews were vermin, were rats, were lice, were Untermenshen and Paresiten. They were anything but a human being. Start to think of someone you don't like very much for whatever reason anyway in these terms you start to get to thinking they're not actually human. Then it becomes possible it seem to do things to them that would otherwise be considered inhumane.

The extremist in Islam do this and it should be combated. The extremists in the US do it too.

The problem is the tribalism, the treatment of others as lessers and the religious doctrines that give people cover. We all want Muslims to condemn the bad things done in the name of Islam. We should all condemn the same behavior here.

You're equating viscerally reactive mb posts to the mentality of those who actually allowed / fostered the annihilation of thousands of innocents?

I understand your arguments and agree, but if Islam ceased to exist today, another religion would pick up where it left off tomorrow. The problem, in general, is religion, not which religion.

Not sure I agree but I'd like to find out....

Not sure I agree but I'd like to find out....

say, if we wipe out a race of these rats, wouldnt the others who preach that they're the best and only understand that they, too, could be eradicated?
I agree. Let's find out.

I understand your arguments and agree, but if Islam ceased to exist today, another religion would pick up where it left off tomorrow. The problem, in general, is religion, not which religion.

Really?

Which one do you think it would be? I gotta hear this,

Really?

Which one do you think it would be? I gotta hear this,
You didn't hear about the Amish suicide farmer driving his bomb-laden buggy into the electric company?
S'all right, I didn't hear about it either.

Most present day religions have evolved beyond the literal interpretation of ancient texts, such as the Old Testament. Granted, there are still wackos out there, such as the snake handlers, that take things literally. Islam has not evolved. It claims supremacy, and it's right to impose it on others. If it were some fringe political group, and not a mainstream religion, it would be outlawed in the US.

Most present day religions have evolved beyond the literal interpretation of ancient texts, such as the Old Testament. Granted, there are still wackos out there, such as the snake handlers, that take things literally. Islam has not evolved. It claims supremacy, and it's right to impose it on others. If it were some fringe political group, and not a mainstream religion, it would be outlawed in the US.
I don't recall the particulars, but Islam is not considered a religion in Italy, in the sense that it is not allowed to take government money like other religions. Something else the Italians get right besides good food and beautiful women.

Many in Christianity still believe every word of the OT. The difference is that the OT is written in historical prose and not in doctrinal imperatives. It doesn't tell you to do anything outside of the ceremonial laws, dietary laws, and the 10 commandments. The rest of it is history, psalms, and prophecy. There is no text in the OT that tells anyone to go kill the infidel. God gave instructions at the time (history) for Israel to fight certain wars. But nobody took that beyond the specific time. Not even Israel.

The problem isn't religion but people using and contorting religion to try to give them a backing for their agenda...

I guess it begs the question has there been any great discovery or invention from the muslim world in the last 100 years?

How do you have one without the other?

You can't equate religion with evil deeds unless the religion specifies such behavior. People can use anything to back their agenda. Should we condemn atheists because Jeffrey Dahmer blames evolution and his atheistic beliefs for not giving him a moral compass? We need to get rid of evolution and atheism then right?

You can't equate religion with evil deeds unless the religion specifies such behavior. People can use anything to back their agenda. Should we condemn atheists because Jeffrey Dahmer blames evolution and his atheistic beliefs for not giving him a moral compass? We need to get rid of evolution and atheism then right?

You're reversing the problem. I'm not saying the religion causes evil behavior, I'm saying evil behavior is justified using religion. If you want to make your argument, then you have to concede that Islam is not "evil" it's just being used by a few bad people to do bad things. I would likewise say that Christianity, Judaism, and most other religions can be shown to be subject to the same kind of abuse, even today. I'm just saying that Islam is at the forefront right now, and if it were removed from the equation, another religion would bubble to the top in terms of how it's perceived to be perpetrating "evil." For instance, child abuse coverups in the Catholic Church, or Hobby Lobby using Christian doctrine to push a certain social policy agenda, or all of Scientology.

You're reversing the problem. I'm not saying the religion causes evil behavior, I'm saying evil behavior is justified using religion. If you want to make your argument, then you have to concede that Islam is not "evil" it's just being used by a few bad people to do bad things. I would likewise say that Christianity, Judaism, and most other religions can be shown to be subject to the same kind of abuse, even today. I'm just saying that Islam is at the forefront right now, and if it were removed from the equation, another religion would bubble to the top in terms of how it's perceived to be perpetrating "evil." For instance, child abuse coverups in the Catholic Church, or Hobby Lobby using Christian doctrine to push a certain social policy agenda, or all of Scientology.

Have you learned nothing since 9-11? Do you understand why Nidal Hassan took out a gun and killed many of his fellow soldiers. He wasn't a bad man, or a criminal, obsessed with mass murder, and only needing a religion to justify his desires. He was a doctor, and an officer in the US Army. He chose to kill because he felt a religious mandate to do it. He was also prepared to die for his religion, and it's perceived rewards. This jihadist mentality is repeated tens of thousands of times each year.

The athiest academic Sam Harris can explain it far better than me.

Have you learned nothing since 9-11? Do you understand why Nidal Hassan took out a gun and killed many of his fellow soldiers. He wasn't a bad man, or a criminal, obsessed with mass murder, and only needing a religion to justify his desires. He was a doctor, and an officer in the US Army. He chose to kill because he felt a religious mandate to do it. He was also prepared to die for his religion, and it's perceived rewards. This jihadist mentality is repeated tens of thousands of times each year.

The athiest academic Sam Harris can explain it far better than me.

So wait. Religion DOES cause evil? Or are you foolish enough to think that YOUR religion doesn't cause evil, but other ones do?

So Catholic priests haven't raped young boys recently, and the Church hasn't tried to cover it up and pay people off. Got it....

So wait. Religion DOES cause evil? Or are you foolish enough to think that YOUR religion doesn't cause evil, but other ones do?

So Catholic priests haven't raped young boys recently, and the Church hasn't tried to cover it up and pay people off. Got it....

The Catholic church is culpable, and should be held criminally responsible.

Now get this. The Catholic church doesn't preach pedophilia as a religious duty. Islam preaches jihad to be a religious duty. What don't you get?

The Catholic church is culpable, and should be held criminally responsible.

Now get this. The Catholic church doesn't preach pedophilia as a religious duty. Islam preaches jihad to be a religious duty. What don't you get?

They don't preach it, they just conspire to cover it up. I don't see how that's significantly different than a religion that commits terrorist acts. The point is that no religion is beyond reproach. You keep hiding behind the excuse that the religion doesn't teach those things, and that's exactly my point - no one has or will ever live up to the expectations that the pure doctrine creates.

Counting the seconds until someone chimes in with "Jesus did..."

They don't preach it, they just conspire to cover it up. I don't see how that's significantly different than a religion that commits terrorist acts.
Sounds like you don't know much about either religion. Possibly too lazy to find out, so you just lump them all together.That's fine.

I'm not saying the religion causes evil behavior, I'm saying evil behavior is justified using religion. If you want to make your argument, then you have to concede that Islam is not "evil" it's just being used by a few bad people to do bad things. I would likewise say that Christianity, Judaism, and most other religions can be shown to be subject to the same kind of abuse, even today. I'm just saying that Islam is at the forefront right now, and if it were removed from the equation, another religion would bubble to the top in terms of how it's perceived to be perpetrating "evil." For instance, child abuse coverups in the Catholic Church, or Hobby Lobby using Christian doctrine to push a certain social policy agenda, or all of Scientology.

But I am saying it......islam and the koran do in fact cause evil behavior. It calls muslims to perpetrate many evil acts in the name of mohammed. It is not "just a few people."

And Hobby Lobby's owners have certain beliefs that they hold dear. They have the right to hold those beliefs and live their lives according to them. If anyone can be accused of pushing a social policy it is those with whom they disagree.

But I am saying it......islam and the koran do in fact cause evil behavior. It calls muslims to perpetrate many evil acts in the name of mohammed. It is not "just a few people."

And Hobby Lobby's owners have certain beliefs that they hold dear. They have the right to hold those beliefs and live their lives according to them. If anyone can be accused of pushing a social policy it is those with whom they disagree.

Yes, the grass is always greener on your side...

Rod, these folks with their moral relativism arguments are becoming more tedious, and less logic based. At least he didn't bring up the whole Tim McVeigh episode in support of his argument.

Rod, these folks with their moral relativism arguments are becoming more tedious, and less logic based. At least he didn't bring up the whole Tim McVeigh episode in support of his argument.

The only lack of logic I see in this argument is the "Well, I'm Christian and Christians can do no wrong, but those dirty muzzies are EVIL" viewpoint.

The only lack of logic I see in this argument is the "Well, I'm Christian and Christians can do no wrong, but those dirty muzzies are EVIL" viewpoint.

Please show me where I said that.

But I am saying it......islam and the koran do in fact cause evil behavior. It calls muslims to perpetrate many evil acts in the name of mohammed. It is not "just a few people".
I never gave the Muzzies much thought until 9/11. Then the more I learned about it the more I learned that there is a very large group of people within a very large religion who are dedicated to killing everyone who is not part of the aforementioned religion.