• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

My top 10 players in the 2023 draft so far

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I’ll probably do a more in-depth write up on the articles but here is the CliffNotes version

#1- Jalen Carter DT Georgia
Don’t think he fits our system but in the 4-3 he’s going to be a stud. Best lateral movement I’ve seen from a interior defender in a long time. Great hand movement and skills as well.

#2- Brian Branch DB Alabama
Best tackler I’ve ever seen coming out if college. Phenomenal blitzer and stays in the back pocket of anyone you put him on.

#3- Broderick Jones OT Georgia
Quick footed, long armed, and wants to get out and hit somebody. Not the technician that Skoronski is but way better athlete.

#4- Peter Skoronski OT Northwestern
Great technician of the game. Great hand placement and keeps his feet moving. Natural knee bender. Understands stunts and blitz. High floor guy. Worst case scenario you kick him to guard or center and he likely is a pro bowler there.

#5- Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn State
Long physical CB. He stays on his man like stink on 💩. Great in run support. Has the ability to play with the big physical receivers in the league.

#6- BJ Ojulari Edge LSU
Long armed quick twitch athlete. Great hand usage and first step. Just as good vs the run as he is pass.

#7- Myles Murphy Edge Clemson
Big fast natural athlete. Probably test off the charts. Needs a bit of refinement as being an athlete won’t cut it in the NFL. But if you coach him up you could have Michael Strahan.

#8- Drew Sanders LB/Edge Arkansas
Just a read and react defender. Great closing speed, wrap up tackler, loose hips and uses hands well.

#9- Bijan Robinson RB Texas
High floor and high ceiling player. North south runner with loose hips, fast feet, and good vision. Also, has good hands.

#10- Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee
Elite speed. CB’s have to play off him or he’ll run by them and he still might. Natural hand catcher. Tracks ball well in the air. Can take any pass to the house.

I would love to see JP jr in the black & gold.

Love Jalen Carter, but he wouldn’t fit our system.

Actually second thought. He could. I could see him being Cam’s prodigy if he was available
Carter just isn't a realistic like. I did pimp him really when the team was at it's worst. I like BJ and Hyatt would be good with either of those two with the 32nd pick. I think if you make a mock or like list it should be a realistic list. Picks that have a reasonable chance to be picked by the Steelers.

Porter is the Steelers fan homer pick, but give me Cam Smith. He would be number 2 on my list if I had one. Paris Johnson would be 1. But I think he will be picked before 17. Back to Porter with his physical approach he probably would be the type corner the Steelers would historically pick. The thing is there is new sheriff's in town so I am assuming they break bread and start with a fresher approach. Which probably shoots Broderick high on the Steelers possibility list. Just not necessarily on mine. I fully expect the Steelers to resign their own minus Bush..if that comes to pass I take Branch off the list completely. Ditto Robinson Steelers won't be picking him.Murphy will more than likely be long gone too.

I'd add in Addison,Ika, Witherspoon, and Torrence to a list of maybes.

Last edited:
Carter just isn't a realistic like. I did pimp him really when the team was at it's worst. I like BJ and Hyatt would be good with either of those two with the 32nd pick. I think if you make a mock or like list it should be a realistic list. Picks that have a reasonable chance to be picked by the Steelers.

Porter is the Steelers fan homer pick, but give me Cam Smith. He would be number 2 on my list if I had one. Paris Johnson would be 1. But I think he will be picked before 17. Back to Porter with his physical approach he probably would be the type corner the Steelers would historically pick. The thing is there is new sheriff's in town so I am assuming they break bread and start with a fresher approach. Which probably shoots Broderick high on the Steelers possibility list. Just not necessarily on mine. I fully expect the Steelers to resign their own minus Bush..if that comes to pass I take Branch off the list completely.

I’m ok with a pick on defense or OL

It is where value meets need. I almost take WR out of that statement as it is a dark horse to be picked that early. But I know Kenny's boy might be there, so I can't entirely throw it out the window.

It is where value meets need. I almost take WR out of that statement as it is a dark horse to be picked that early. But I know Kenny's boy might be there, so I can't entirely throw it out the window.
Honestly after 2020. Nothing in life surprises me anymore. I am what you call desensitized

Honestly after 2020. Nothing in life surprises me anymore. I am what you call desensitized
I seriously hope, seriously hope...Andy Weidl gets to stamp his likes.

OL, DL, CB, and ILB are the top needs by far. I still say we must get at least one OL and DL in our top 3 picks. We can't keep kicking the can down the road. Cam realistically has 2 years left. We have no young stud after him unless Leal or Loudermilk step up big time. Even then, you need more than one mid-round pick to anchor your 2 or 3-man D-line. Dotson sucks and Moore needs to take a big jump this year if they are going to keep him at LT. I still think a stud LG will help Moore. He won't have to worry about the guy to his right screwing up on a constant basis.

Stillers rush to the podum, knocking over tables and chairs and beating GODell to the microphone in the process.

"With the 17th pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Pittsburgh Steeler select.................."

StillerNation be like WTF!!!!!!

Obviously I’m Trench Warfare oriented, yet concerned on the depth of the water. Early wading is usually best.

Salute the nation

Porter is the Steelers fan homer pick, but give me Cam Smith. He would be number 2 on my list if I had one. Paris Johnson would be 1. But I think he will be picked before 17. Back to Porter with his physical approach he probably would be the type corner the Steelers would historically pick. The thing is there is new sheriff's in town so I am assuming they break bread and start with a fresher approach. Which probably shoots Broderick high on the Steelers possibility list. Just not necessarily on mine. I fully expect the Steelers to resign their own minus Bush..if that comes to pass I take Branch off the list completely. Ditto Robinson Steelers won't be picking him.Murphy will more than likely be long gone too.

Put away the swords for a day fellas ....
It is not a mock or even a like list for the Steelers the way it is written .....

Ford is just stating who he thinks are the top 10 players in this year's draft and what they bring to the table ........... the way I see it

It's not a Coolie's Cougs pimp review

Or Sask's attempt to make us fall for some Canadian WR who played for Notre Dame ........

There was some other a..hole on this board pimping Clayfool as well......... but my memory fails me as to who it was ......... at least that WR brought us a faux first round this year

Last edited:
Wow! A bit surprised Slash to see WR at 17 but are you thinking possibly Jordan Addison reuniting him with Kenny?
Not on the top of my want list but could be a consideration for the team. How often do we see a QB drafted get a T or WR? Some will say that was Pickens sure but that room is still a WR short.

It is not a mock or even a like list for the Steelers the way it is written .....

Ford is just stating who he thinks are the top 10 players in this year's draft and what they bring to the table ........... the way I see it

Or Sask's attempt to make us fall for some Canadian WR who played for Notre Dame ........

There was some other a..hole on this board pimping Clayfool as well......... but my memory fails me as to who it was ......... at least that WR brought us a faux first round this year
No sword just a poking stick, was it too sharp? 😉

Stillers rush to the podum, knocking over tables and chairs and beating GODell to the microphone in the process.

"With the 17th pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Pittsburgh Steeler select.................."

StillerNation be like WTF!!!!!!
What if they beat goodell with chairs before beating him to the microphone?

Yep. The title should have been a pretty significant clue but since I don’t see someone not understanding this I’m sure it’s someone who doesn’t understand a lot of simple things. This list might change a little and some new players might take a spot but I decided this year to not read anything about anyone. Have 0 influences. My board typically looks pretty different from the others you see online but this year it’s probably going to be way different. After the draft I’ll go back and compare and then maybe in 3-4 years to see how things ended up shaking out.