• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Myron Time

Been blessed with Myron Cope, Mike Lange and Larry Munson.
Add the Prince, Green Weinie King, Bob Prince
Bob Prince Calling 1971 NLCS (Highlights)
All you old timers pay homage to the bug on a rug.

Cope and Prince very similar styles, terrible towel/green weinie, unique sayings, and homers to beat the band.

Salute the nation!

The best was the time Bill Hilgrove missed the play-by-play call because Myron was so worked up he had to calm him down.

Loved listening to Myron, especially the double yoi. I couldn't believe the first time I heard him. 😁

Chicken on the hill with Will.
Quote from Big Ron
Big Ron's quote on Chicken on the Hill
As I recall, the Pirates were in a close, late-inning or extra-inning night game at home. Willie did have a fried chicken place up in the Hill district, and of course Prince new about it. Willie came up with the game on the line, and Prince- unknown to Stargell or Stargell's employees at the chicken place- proclaimed that if Willie got the winning hit, there would be free chicken to everyone who showed up following the game. Naturally, Willie got the game winning hit- I think it was a home run, but am not sure- and the fried chicken place was flooded with customers. They had to make good, and a new saying was born. Thereafter, every time Stargell came up in a clutch situation, Prince would crow, "let's spread some chicken on the Hill with Will!" I don't know if Prince ever provided any reimbursement to Stargell.

Quote from Willie Stargell's Wiki page
Bob Prince, the colorful longtime Pirate radio announcer, would greet a Stargell home run with the phrase "Chicken on the Hill". This referred to Stargell's ownership of a chicken restaurant in Pittsburgh's Hill District. For a time, whenever he homered, Stargell's restaurant would give away free chicken to all patrons present in the restaurant at the time of the home run, in a promotion dubbed "Chicken on the Hill with Will". Prince himself once promised free chicken to listeners if Stargell hit a home run; Stargell did homer and Prince picked up a $400 bill at the restaurant.[15]

Saving you guys some clicks,

Salute the nation!

RIP….. they don’t make em like that anymore. Something special about play by play radio guys who came up through the 60s on up. Rod Hundley of the Jazz another one. Scully, Hearn, you get the point. They had to paint a picture for the listener. Myron was unique as hell! 👏🙏