• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

New article: Pgh to retain Canada after this season

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...p&cvid=19e197000aab4989bffc1bc1d299cd3a&ei=32

To those who will claim this is merely click bait, I'm with you. So one radio "personality" waxes on about Pgh resigning Canada to a new contract, and whammo, run with it. Purely subjective in nature.

The belief is that Canada's contract runs through the end of the 2023 season. Afterward, he could sign a new deal, but the chances of that seemed slim with the offense's struggles. However, 93.7 The Fan's Dorin Dickerson believes that if the Steelers can get things going with quarterback Kenny Pickett, they will extend Canada's contract.

"If Kenny figures it out a little bit and this offense stays the way it is right now, Canada will get a new contract," Dickerson said.

But God forbid, what if it came to pass? I can't even imagine the horror. From "Apocalypse Now," "The horror....the horror."

Is this before or after we trade TJ watt for Kyler Murray? Lol

Ahh I love how opinions and facts are conflated in the media these days 🤦🏻‍♂️

Whatever gets you clicks, I spose. They just make up any old rumors about the Steelers to get clicks. But retaining Canada? That's a new level of unfounded, I hope.

If we make the playoffs and perhaps even then win a playoff game I can easily see us retaining him.

I am for it! Canada is 20 years ahead of his time. When the NFL outlaws throwing to the middle of the field to prevent injury

They need to outlaw wideouts and defensive backs from jumping up and leaving their feet. Way too many heads bouncing off the field coming down. It's not safe. In fact most contact is just dangerous period.

They should just go to flags.

They need to outlaw wideouts and defensive backs from jumping up and leaving their feet. Way too many heads bouncing off the field coming down. It's not safe. In fact most contact is just dangerous period.

They should just go to flags.
well on the way. Speaking of jumping. Najee..... stop

I believe this as much as the asshat on Instagram, who my wife followed (until today), that said the NFL is rigged because the Superbowl logos reveal the two teams who will be represented before the season is played...

Dumbass.

If we make the playoffs and perhaps even then win a playoff game I can easily see us retaining him.

Sadly, I think just the non-losing record may get him back. If the offense is on the “up-trend” then I see him returning. Hell, they didn’t want poor Kenny to have to change OC in his second season, even though that OC was a ****-ing idiot.

Salute the nation

flower-unzip.gif